How to…

Noglintribe

Mmmm. I get that the game executables are necessarily quite different across platforms. But I would imagine that the code that comprises the world save would be preserved across platform. There is no immediately compelling reason to alter the "format" of such a save. I also guess that the character save might be somewhat different, as that is tied to some kind of "ID" that identifies the dude (like Steam ID). But World Save ...... It would be very interesting to try that kind of "copy" of a save file - I don't have access to a Win / X-box (or even play station) to have a dip myself, but maybe some enterprising person w access to both could have a go.

@Noglintribe The answer for a pure steam environment is:

Setup up your server - with appropriate start up for map x (e.g. below The Island)
Start the server at least once so that the initial TheIsland.ark file is created. (I cannot now remember, but you may have to actually join the server game to force creation of the World ...)
Stop the server.
Copy from your local game directory the file TheIsland.ark to the servers save file directory.
Start the server and join to see what is there .... 

This does NOT include how to copy character data, which is more difficult and involves file renames, and maybe a bit of hex editing on the character save file. But that should replicate your actual World Save.

As posted above it would be very interesting to try that trick across platforms! I think it might work - but I dunno!

Edited by DirkInSA