I Lost it All Again

Woody714

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Pipinghot said:

have either of you played Conan Exiles on any consoles? Since Conan is the game that has the most in common with ARK (that I can think of), I'm curious how console performance on Conan compares once you start building a big base and having lots of tames (thralls).

I gave that a good playthrough a while back. I don't know what would be considered a lot of thralls but I had 20 or so and built up a pretty big base. I don't remember having any performance issues, but that was on my XSX. I never played it with less horsepower.

So wow...what a depressing ride that just ended. It was going so well. I managed to get my level 89 character to all of the maps I had been on and over the last few days managed to drag home almost everything I wanted to save. With God as my witness, it was the last trip back to The Island with my best melee megatherium, several saddles and my best fur armor. POOF The last half dozen transfers went fine...but the very last one. WOW I just wish I had the presence of mind to know when the game is just crashing and will just "bounce back" or when to dig into the Xbox save file and dump it. I didn't dump it right away and the game tossed my character with my crap in upload. I tried a "virgin" map, Scorched and Val that I had been to and no level 89 character. 

So, to whatever mystical force that knows exactly when to strike...up yours. The next plan is to see if what I saved is still on The Island waiting to be claimed again, spawn in an awesome megatherium and a few saddles  and get on with it. If it is all gone, my fingers are gonna get really sore from cheat codes after I wipe all of the maps clean...

sigh...

Please send well wishes to my inbox, I will not be receiving company.

I just thought I would update the situation. I was not able to revive my levels but I was able to recover and redo most of what I had...I think.  I saved the uber rexes, a smoking shotgun bp, a couple saddle bps and an awesome rifle bp. Most of the most recent and boss and caving  relavent dinos survived, but I did lose a few unknown tames to cryopod issues. The rexes are a bit much...restraining myself to using them for meat runs until I find a worthy battle.

I managed to learn to increase the decay timer to allow destruction of plumbing and electric. "Givetome" worked fine for claiming everything else.  So, and hopefully it might help someone else, if the game crashes during a transfer from map to map and you are playing on an Xbox One S, I thin kthe best bet it to immeadiately go to the Xbox home screen without closing the game and locate and delete the player data save. I don't think this sort of crash has ever happened to me while simply playing a map and experiencing a crash. Those tend to send you back in time and make you lose progress and found loot...but not destroy a character. Also, I think the attempted load to Lost Island was either bugged or perhaps I died there and never respawned there because the spawn screen was like a death respawn. I had to click create new character at the bottom of the map and then I was able to click on download character from the next screen...the character creation screen. 

Anyhow, almost level 89 again with currently boosted xp stats...probably let the xp boosted until I get back at least to 103 or 105. An abandoned PS4 playthrough had me at 107-108 and or perhaps the Xbox update crash and there was a 105-106 lost somewhere as well. 

If I find no sweet theris soon, I think the uber rexes might have to run the dragon and Overseer...they have sweet speed.