SPLIT SCREEN TOO TINY ? tips?

starlightmartyr

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, starlightmartyr said:

I can't figure out where to contact support, write an email, and I can't find anything on the internet.. ? 

I'm trying to play split screen on a 55-in TV and I can't read anything, is this a common problem or am I missing something?  I play on Xbox one. 

. thank you. 

It's common. It's nearly unreadable. 

12 hours ago, starlightmartyr said:

I can't figure out where to contact support, write an email, and I can't find anything on the internet.. ? I'm trying to play split screen on a 55-in TV and I can't read anything, is this a common problem or am I missing something?  I play on Xbox one. thank you. 

Yeah, its kinda bad. We have an 85 in tv and are constantly resorting to squishing our faces against the tv to see what exactly is what. Not much you can do about it either. 

Heck, sometimes I gotta kick mom off just to read or do anything for recipes or blueprints

Bummer man 😩 but thanks for the response!! 

Had this game for ages but never had anyone IRL to play with until now ! 

Thought I must have missed something in the settings! 

Even just a vertical set up would help but alas I guess we're f'd 

Time to get up another tv & download on another console too 😂

1 hour ago, starlightmartyr said:

The fact you play with your mom is amazing... I wish I could get my mom to play with me LOL Thanks though...  Man I wish they would fix this problem!! Games been out too long for this not to have been fixed !!; 

Its actually her fault that Im even a part of ark. The kids got it and they never played it, I never touched it either cause it was the kids game, but she decided to fire it up and started hitting me with all sorts of questions.....long story short, she joined an official PvP server that was 5 years old, and was constantly being harrassed by the locals. And after two weeks of someone stealing her 12 spark powder I finally caved and started helping. Next thing I know, poof here I am.

Sadly splitscreen can only get you to aberation, at that point in time, the tethering ruins the game......Nothing like trying to set off on a raft only to get ripped back to the host, which means the raft is now inside the base going baserk. XD

1 hour ago, starlightmartyr said:

Bummer man 😩 but thanks for the response!! Had this game for ages but never had anyone IRL to play with until now ! Thought I must have missed something in the settings! Even just a vertical set up would help but alas I guess we're f'd Time to get up another tv & download on another console too 😂

If you go that route, I STRONGLY suggest you rent your own server as well, trust me, VERY worth the $25 a month

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, starlightmartyr said:

Man I wish they would fix this problem!! Games been out too long for this not to have been fixed !!; 

I hate to say it but the fact is, most games that are PC centric just get ported to consoles with little effort to make them good. 

1. Make a new game that starts to get some decent sales

2. Port it to every platform you can despite the quality of the port, by the time anyone notices the quality, the game's been paid for.

4. Profit.

Yep. I play exclusively on splitscreen, because my brother's too annoying to leave me be and play ark at max quality in peace. It's painful. Very, very painful. Every single time I step into a cave, I'm forced to wait until I've aged another 20 years before my game comes back to normal. Xbox one ark is pain. I really hope WC does something do optimize the game for older-gen consoles, since I hate the lag (another unrelated thing-they could take cues from Mojang, where the game on console is essentially a different version (although I do hate the fact that some features are java only and some are bedrock only)).

23 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

Yep. I play exclusively on splitscreen, because my brother's too annoying to leave me be and play ark at max quality in peace. It's painful. Very, very painful. Every single time I step into a cave, I'm forced to wait until I've aged another 20 years before my game comes back to normal. Xbox one ark is pain. I really hope WC does something do optimize the game for older-gen consoles, since I hate the lag (another unrelated thing-they could take cues from Mojang, where the game on console is essentially a different version (although I do hate the fact that some features are java only and some are bedrock only)).

I doubt old gen will get much. Supposedly URE5 is comeing, but if at the last secound they say its only for the series or PS5, I wouldn't think much to it. The old 5600 RPM hard drives both consoles used was terribly out of date before the one and ps4 was released. Now they are literally bottlenecking any game they run.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

Never played it, seems kinda gimped if they rely on a "you can't breath" mechanic the whole time. Kinda why I never tried the supposed space survival one

It's a fascinating game, amazing graphics, a lot of jump scares, great building. It manages to keep you in your place and scared most of the time, and without combat. The breathing thing is like food in ark. Hard for a few mins/hours then not an issue. 

1 minute ago, Joebl0w13 said:

It's a fascinating game, amazing graphics, a lot of jump scares, great building. It manages to keep you in your place and scared most of the time, and without combat. The breathing thing is like food in ark. Hard for a few mins/hours then not an issue. 

Fair nuff. I might give it a try.....right now in between jobs >.>

Archived