Community Crunch 353: ARK 2 Araneomorphus Concept, Extinction on Switch, and More!

StudioWildcard

3 hours ago, oxosnafuoxo said:

2 weeks with no evo....like how hard is it to do evos on the weekends? Seems like you're just trying to kill the game at this point. What you should do is just have it set to 2x everything permanently, instead of dragging out the release of Atlas 2 Ark 2. Don't be surprised when it flops and everyone has already abandoned the one good game/playable broken game you released 🙄

Edit: I see there is now an evo event...touche

You do realise it’s been set to 2x permanently like 3 times in the past right…? The current rates are ludicrously high compared to what they used to be on official 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

New spider… but yet the scariest thing in ARK is the fear of losing all your hard work, dinos and gear after blue screening when entering a boss fight, teleporting or transferring maps. This is the only way I tend to die now. Sick of having to restart and booting up the game, sick of seeing that same error message and sick of wasting my time. The fact you’re still allowed to sell this game, and don’t feel any sort of guilt selling the game in the broken state it is, is beyond words. And you think it’ll run on URE5. It can’t run now. But you’re still adding content and awful game modes to it… Absolutely disgraceful. 

18 hours ago, TheTrueSpider said:

You do realise it’s been set to 2x permanently like 3 times in the past right…? The current rates are ludicrously high compared to what they used to be on official 

I am well aware of where the game started, went, and is going. I've been playing since early access. I believe they increased rates twice. The game isn't what it once was, community-wise. Back in the day, servers were 70/70. Getting a place to build was impossible. The discords were alive. Now, everything is dying.  They took away fun events, they are lazy with the evo events, and they rarely can get a community crunch out on time anymore. They need to raise the rates again or at the very least do evos every weekend like they used to do. No one wants to spend over 12 days raising and imprinting a giga or 2 hours farming meat and berries for the tames.

A lot of you are an ungrateful lot. Ark is a great game, with some problems, sure. But WC has given us YEARS of fun with Ark, and you just want to tear them down. Have you payed for Ark 2? Have they taken your money for it, yet? No? Then wait patiently and maybe coax them along with some positivity. I, for one, am willing to wait as long as it takes for them to put out an awesome sequel to an awesome game!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/18/2023 at 1:41 AM, TheTrueVocalHero said:

New spider… but yet the scariest thing in ARK is the fear of losing all your hard work, dinos and gear after blue screening when entering a boss fight, teleporting or transferring maps. This is the only way I tend to die now. Sick of having to restart and booting up the game, sick of seeing that same error message and sick of wasting my time. The fact you’re still allowed to sell this game, and don’t feel any sort of guilt selling the game in the broken state it is, is beyond words. And you think it’ll run on URE5. It can’t run now. But you’re still adding content and awful game modes to it… Absolutely disgraceful. 

Sounds like a you problem bud.

16 hours ago, TheTrueVocalHero said:

Ask anyone playing on console how many times they crash during transfer or generally playing or doing bosses.

It seems to vary from person to person. I never have issues with crashing during transfers, play or bosses. However for some godforsaken reason recently I've been crashing every time I exit to the main menu. Wildcard needs to iron out its primary issues rather than doing the gaming equivalent of putting a broken transmission in a new car

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

It seems to vary from person to person. I never have issues with crashing during transfers, play or bosses. However for some godforsaken reason recently I've been crashing every time I exit to the main menu. Wildcard needs to iron out its primary issues rather than doing the gaming equivalent of putting a broken transmission in a new car

I'm on XSX and I don't ever crash playing the game. But this does happen to me every now and then, crashing on exit.

15 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Exactly! Finally someone who doesn’t sugar coat it and make out there isn’t a bluescreen issue. The funny thing is, only recently I’ve been having that same problem too! So I’m crashing during play, crashing going into bosses so I have to make sure I restart every single time I run a boss, crashing on transfers and now recently too, crashing logging out to main menu. It’s really unfair on the community and players to have to deal with these issues. We paid money for this product and they’re allowing it to be in this state. 

13 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I'm on XSX and I don't ever crash playing the game. But this does happen to me every now and then, crashing on exit.

So you don’t seem to be having the crashing during play on Xbox? Yet a lot of players I’m gaming with, on multiple servers and maps on ps4, ps4 pro and even PS5 are all experiencing the same issue. It’s insane. 

3 hours ago, Lustatifer said:

It's kinda nasty to see how the GM of this website basically silence the unhappy voices of the masses 😂. 100000 ark players only 2 pages worth of comments. 

You guys are doing 👍 

You say this as if every ark player has an account here and complains and comments on every thread.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, TheTrueVocalHero said:

So you don’t seem to be having the crashing during play on Xbox? Yet a lot of players I’m gaming with, on multiple servers and maps on ps4, ps4 pro and even PS5 are all experiencing the same issue. It’s insane. 

I don't... now. I did on the older Xboxes. A lot. 

I have seen a lot of reports on here about PS issues across the board though. 

6 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I don't... now. I did on the older Xboxes. A lot. 

I have seen a lot of reports on here about PS issues across the board though. 

Ahh see, so the issue is then, bottom line, WC are focusing their efforts on the Microsoft versions of ARK probably due to their lovely big payment deal with them, leaving the PS players to suffer and play a half broken game. Even more obvious it’s that if it tends to work on newer Xbox consoles and not on ps5! 

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, TheTrueVocalHero said:

Ahh see, so the issue is then, bottom line, WC are focusing their efforts on the Microsoft versions of ARK probably due to their lovely big payment deal with them, leaving the PS players to suffer and play a half broken game. Even more obvious it’s that if it tends to work on newer Xbox consoles and not on ps5! 

Well I don't know about all that. My Xbox has been running fine for years before the deal was announced with Microsoft. 

This game shouldn't be run on the older gen consoles. That's what surprises me so much to see all the PS5 issues.