How do I set the server log file name?

PaleoGamer

I'm running a cluster of two Linux servers. They are working great, no problems with gaming and joining or transferring. What I can't set to my liking are the logs.

1) The servers create "ShooterGame.log" and "ShooterGame_2.log". How can I set it to use the map name? This is quite confusing, especially because the numbers are dependent on the order I run the servers. I could script it, but it's not a good solution - it's brittle.

2) This part I don't understand very well. The servers also create files with names such as "ServerGame.13643.2023.03.12_13.21.14.log". It looks like what is written here is later copied to "ShooterGame.log" and "ShooterGame_2.log". Problem is: these files have the PID number on them, don't have the map name AND don't follow the "ShooterGame.log" and "ShooterGame_2.log" convention. They are basically useless, if someone wants to check the logs. I guess I could do without them, since the others files have the same content. But how do I get rid of them? And, if I do this, would the files above still exist?

3) The game also creates backups for the files on the first point. They are fine, as they use the filename plus "backup" and a timestamp. If I could just change the name of the log files on point 1), I think it would use it here too.

So. Any idea how I do this?

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

Archived