Speed stat

RikSlayer

Im breeding certain creature whose both parents has  0 points in the speed stat , after many tries I have waiting to get a 0 speed stat egg, isn't it supposed that if the parents have the same stat these will be guaranteed to be inherited in the offspring ? I keep getting eggs in which said stat its like 1-4 points not 0, what can be happening in this case ?

I guess the question for you is, how do you know for sure there is 0 points in speed?   WHat program are you using to figure out the points to begin with.  

If both parents have 0 points in speed, the baby will always have zero points , unless it gets a mutation or 3 in that stat, then it would be 2,4, or 6.

If you are using dododex to figure out the points, that only works for pretame stats.  It doesn't figure out post tame stats.  Also, if the tame had zero points in speed when you had it knocked out, it gains levels on taming if you don't make sure that when it finishes taming it gets 0 added levels.

To verify what the parents stats are to begin with, we export the files and then read them with a program called ark smart breeding.  That program is pretty good about figuring out point distribution. 

10 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

I guess the question for you is, how do you know for sure there is 0 points in speed?   WHat program are you using to figure out the points to begin with.  

If both parents have 0 points in speed, the baby will always have zero points , unless it gets a mutation or 3 in that stat, then it would be 2,4, or 6.

If you are using dododex to figure out the points, that only works for pretame stats.  It doesn't figure out post tame stats.  Also, if the tame had zero points in speed when you had it knocked out, it gains levels on taming if you don't make sure that when it finishes taming it gets 0 added levels.

To verify what the parents stats are to begin with, we export the files and then read them with a program called ark smart breeding.  That program is pretty good about figuring out point distribution. 

Indeed, I'm using smart breeding to check the stats, and it shows it has 0 points in the speed stat.

11 hours ago, RikSlayer said:

Im breeding certain creature whose both parents has  0 points in the speed stat , after many tries I have waiting to get a 0 speed stat egg, isn't it supposed that if the parents have the same stat these will be guaranteed to be inherited in the offspring ? I keep getting eggs in which said stat its like 1-4 points not 0, what can be happening in this case ?

Are you looking at the "offspring" after they are matured? Because after mature can give you extra stuff from imprinting .....
Do you have some "Mod" installed that does things to speed?
As @GrumpyBear sez - If the parents both have zero mutations, the chances  of a child getting LOTS of mutation  in one stat (speed in your instance) are close to zero.

20 hours ago, RikSlayer said:

Are you imprinting those creatures? If you are, then that adds on some percent onto movement speed.  Otherwise, it's probably an issue with smart breeding. Of course, you may just be having really bad luck and are just getting constant speed mutations, but...that isn't really possible given what's happening here.

12 hours ago, RikSlayer said:

Indeed, I'm using smart breeding to check the stats, and it shows it has 0 points in the speed stat.

hello, sorry to ask but:

for the eggs are you using an Incubator or AC and fires (these don't affect the statistics but the suggestion we can give you)?

did you enter the data of the dino parents in ASB before or after completing their taming?

what kind of creature are we talking about?

did you write that eggs always receive 1 - 4 points meaning exactly 1 and exactly 4 or do you also receive 2 and also 3 (I imagine only 1 and only 4)?

-

server Official - dedicated - non dedicated - singe player?

what mods did you install?

13 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

Are you imprinting those creatures? If you are, then that adds on some percent onto movement speed.  Otherwise, it's probably an issue with smart breeding. Of course, you may just be having really bad luck and are just getting constant speed mutations, but...that isn't really possible given what's happening here.

Im not imprinting the offsprings. Im checking even since the amount of points that can be seen in the incubator.

11 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

hello, sorry to ask but:

for the eggs are you using an Incubator or AC and fires (these don't affect the statistics but the suggestion we can give you)?

did you enter the data of the dino parents in ASB before or after completing their taming?

what kind of creature are we talking about?

did you write that eggs always receive 1 - 4 points meaning exactly 1 and exactly 4 or do you also receive 2 and also 3 (I imagine only 1 and only 4)?

-

server Official - dedicated - non dedicated - singe player?

what mods did you install?

1.- Im using incubator, I can check the stats in it or ASB.
2.- Yes I exported the data of the parents to ASB, it shows there the 0 points on speed for both.
3.- Well I just made sure it was not a creature that has a problem with ASB such as pulminoscorp, electrophorus, etc, so it can be any oter creature/dino.
4.- Im receiving from 1 to 4 (2,3 too) points of speed in the egg as seen in the incubator, not 0, yes again, both parents has 0 points in that stats as seen in ASB.

Official server.

If you took some screenshots of the parents stats and the baby stats, upload to your steam screenshots, then attach links to the pictures here.  We could try on our own to see if we see something missed or get some idea why its not working correctly for you.

Without seeing exactly your breeding setup and the stats, we are just tossing out guesses based on our own experiences.  Is there any possibility you have other males nearby that are turning on to mate?  I've had times where I accidentally left a male or 2 in the pile of females and got all the wrong results because all the wrong males were getting used.  Its always possible ASB is hiccuping for some reason as well.  There have been tames that I have that ASB couldn't figure out. 

If you post screens of the animals stats from their inventory, we can input the numbers ourselves and double check and make sure they check out.

Archived