PVE Servers and pillars To Block others from building!! (edit To clarify)

HaWe

Hello,

When will this problem be solved!!
Every time I want to build in a Good location, I find someone putting dozens of pillars Assuming he came here first!!

we need end this  guys we just pay for play and have base not  dozens of pillars!!

edit : 

There are people in the Topic They look angry!!

i suspect they have accounts in epic and they sell good location to build 😂

And other says @GrumpyBear search harder for another server!! 

Some of the beginners who started playing since 2017 or 2022 idk They don't know how to choose a server to play on for a long time and ensure stability ,

So here are some tips :

-Search for the name of the map you want to play in and see Downtime History on battlemetrics.com And choose the best + lower Ping

- Log in and play for a while a day or two or even a week until you are sure that there is stability and there is no to Much Lag or anything else

* This is what I'm doing and all of a sudden I can't find a good location to build ,

* I mentioned this word from the beginning (  Good location ) Which means that they are few in each map, and everyone knows that good places are few in every map, so some people become stupid when they defend on hundreds of pillars!

2.jpg

VnMyY1I.jpg

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, HaWe said:

Hello,

Every time I want to build in a Good location, I find someone putting dozens of pillars Assuming he came here first!!

we need end this  guys we just pay for play and have base not  dozens of pillars!!

If you think a player or tribe is claiming too much land, please submit a Support Ticket and it will be looked into.

7 hours ago, HaWe said:

Pillaring is not a problem, per se, it's how the game is intended to be played.

7 hours ago, HaWe said:

If some one is pillaring excessively (trying to claim large portion of the map), are blocking important resource spawns, or are basically using pillars to grief other players then (as Invincible said) submit a ticket.

It's important to remember that just because you want to build in a spot doesn't automatically mean you're entitled to build in that specific spot. There are lots of good spots on every map, if you can't find a good spot to build that's usually just a player being stubborn.

14 hours ago, HaWe said:

Hello,

Hi, I don't know if you play on PC, XBox or PS but have you tried looking on Legacy servers? on XBox Legacy there is almost no such "problem" at all, very few exceptions in some places. even on Fjordur that populated quickly, you only find pillars around/inside bases.

IMPORTANT Note (that maybe new players don't know): In any Server type, all maps have some specific places where there are particular Resource or Dino Spawns where more experienced PVE players place pillars for a very good reason, not the they are interested in having that piece of land for themselves but they are interested (and for the good of all) that that place remains free so that the resources/dino can continue to reappear, if a new player builds in one of those places it could compromise the generation of those resources/dino to the damage of all players on that map.

......we are all aware that those who have just started playing Ark do not know some details that veterans have learned over time and at their own expense, an advice that I would like to give to new players (but often also to some "expert "): when you notice something that may seem abnormal or a problem, don't ask to fix it but ask: is there a reason for this? (with answers to the right questions you can learn a lot)

4 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

To pillar, or not to pillar? Thats the question...

If you don't , someone else will.  Just look at the area around your base, and decide how close you want neighbors.  They will definitely move in without notice.  

You put in the work taming an area where nobody but raptors and rexes attack nonstop.  Then you find other people use the calmer area you created because they are too lazy to tame an area of the forest or whatever biome on their own.  Now your area is completely devoid of all wildlife and you have to travel to a new area to hunt for food for your babies.  

• HaWe changed the title to PVE Servers and pillars To Block others from building!! (edit To clarify)

This is one of many reasons why I just up and started my own server with a welcome banner telling people that pillaring gets you an automatic base wipe no questions asked. It gives my petty little heart a sense of satisfaction and joy whenever I see someone blatantly ignore the warning or think no one will notice and wait until they're presumably done building to just zap it all away with a single command prompt. Getting messages complaining and shooting back a response as to why their hard work was torn down is a close second in the satisfaction category.

Looking at the area you boxed in the picture,  that is a giga spawn area.  People who build in that area end up killing giga and carchar spawn points. 

Existing players are smart to block that area off to base building if they value collecting giga hearts to run the boss battle.

if they let new players come in and block those spawn points,  no one can run the boss battle.

as others have said,  there are often good reasons to pillar some areas for the benefit of everyone on the server.  New players don’t know the reasons why because they are new.

A smarter move to find a workable space is to talk with other players on the server. Get to know people,  usually there’s space  they have seen and can help you find a space.  

also,  you are looking at fjordur which was the latest free map released.  That makes it the single most popular map of the moment.  

also,  you are too focused on land space.  The waters are usually very open,  ocean platforms are a great way to setup a space that doesn’t get blocked by pillars.  We setup 4 in a square and make mega bases all the time with very little effort on finding open water to setup at.

28 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

Looking at the area you boxed in the picture,  that is a giga spawn area.  People who build in that area end up killing giga and carchar spawn points. 

Existing players are smart to block that area off to base building if they value collecting giga hearts to run the boss battle.

if they let new players come in and block those spawn points,  no one can run the boss battle.

as others have said,  there are often good reasons to pillar some areas for the benefit of everyone on the server.  New players don’t know the reasons why because they are new.

A smarter move to find a workable space is to talk with other players on the server. Get to know people,  usually there’s space  they have seen and can help you find a space.  

also,  you are looking at fjordur which was the latest free map released.  That makes it the single most popular map of the moment.  

also,  you are too focused on land space.  The waters are usually very open,  ocean platforms are a great way to setup a space that doesn’t get blocked by pillars.  We setup 4 in a square and make mega bases all the time with very little effort on finding open water to setup at.

no is not giga  spawn points it is far from giga spawn , and ocean platforms have 16 days to demolish , Find other excuses :d

Archived