How were sweet veggie cakes originally made?

Cowgirl

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

I am watching youtube and the guy said that sweet veggie cakes are "not nearly as hard as they used to be" to make, so now I am wondering how it was originally? I never used them before snails, I did try to find out but I couldn't find anything. Thanks!

It's been a while. If I remember right, they became harder to make.

Recipe used to be 7 × Sap and the rest the same. Now it's 4 sap and 2 x honey.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

You're right, there seems to be a disconnect between the statement that sweet veggie cakes "aren't as hard as they used to be" and the lack of information readily available about their former difficulty.

sod gold

On 3/8/2023 at 10:08 PM, Cowgirl said:

I am watching youtube and the guy said that sweet veggie cakes are "not nearly as hard as they used to be" to make, so now I am wondering how it was originally? I never used them before snails, I did try to find out but I couldn't find anything. Thanks!

I dunno about the beta version, but for me its always been

Tree sap
Honey
Veggies {I think carrot and potato, but to me if I do one, I do them all}
Stimulant
Fiber
And of course water

The pain in the butt was getting the veggies going {which I think is easier now} And trying to cook the cakes themselves. It might be easier too, but not exactly sure