What stats to raise on boss Dinos

MaiStealth

2 hours ago, MaiStealth said:

for boss Dinos such as Rex's what stat do you raise? i want to know as im pretty much new at official and i want to raise Dino for bosses ^^ If you have different dinos for bosses please leave comment i want to try and raise them too 

Rex is the typical go to, and you usually want to get the most health and most melee out of wild creatures into a male and female. Once you have both a male and female with the best health and melee from those wild tames, then you can focus on breeding out your army. The imprint you give to bred dino's increase's all stats by 20% BEFORE leveling them up! This will not only improve health and melee, but it will also make the level ups you receive later feel much more powerful than on a wild tame.

The final stats many people like to have for boss fights is 25,000 health and 1500% melee. 

As for any other dino's, it depends. Some people will say using megatherium's for the spider boss is the only way to go cause if they happen to kill one of the little spider minions, it doubles the amount of damage they deal and reduces any damage taken.
Some would also say that spino is best because of the water buff that some arena's have.

I however, go with the therizino's. AKA tickle chicken. They are as healthy as rex's, still have a decent amount of base melee, but they can eat veggie cakes! These cakes can heal 500 health over the course of 20 seconds, and they will all automatically start eating them after their health dips below 80% This method is very useful against the alpha boss's and the tek cave.

But again, this all depends on the situation. If this was aberration and Rockwell, it would be a different story.

7 hours ago, wizard03 said:

I however, go with the therizino's. AKA tickle chicken. They are as healthy as rex's, still have a decent amount of base melee, but they can eat veggie cakes! These cakes can heal 500 health over the course of 20 seconds, and they will all automatically start eating them after their health dips below 80% This method is very useful against the alpha boss's and the tek cave.

I take the liberty of making a correction regarding the "vegetable cake": when the cakes are in the inventory of a herbivorous Dino (except Doedicuro and Carbonemis) they will be consumed automatically when their health drops below "85%" and in the duration of "30 seconds" will restore their health by 10% (minimum 500 for dinos below 5000 hp, and a maximum of 2100 for dinos over 21000 hp) [[so a dino with 15000 hp regenerates 1500 points in 30 seconds, while a dino with 50000 hp or even 200000 will recover 2100 in 30 seconds]], this also applies if it is force fed, if after 30 seconds the health is still below 85% another cake will be consumed and they will repeat until the health goes up above 85%.

For those referring to youtube videos: beware if they say that Pie also restores 500hp instantly, this is currently not the case anymore.

not all about only stats. for bos fight you need good saddles. for rex 100+ armor. if you have low saddles, your dinos need more hp
rex is a universal boss dino but here is a many other very good dinosaurs for bossfights, spinosaur (water boost good for spider bossfight) 
therizino  fast meele dps  need breeding for boss fights,  pack alllosaurs is a amazing with pack boost to damage 50% and  damage reduction 25%,
ferox, you need  some good helms redy for change  but with helmet  1000+ armor and durra..  (i use it for master controler. fast and super mobile dino.
or you take  tank, stegosaur , amazing  damage reduction, but slow. so stego with cakes and kibbles and you with good shotgun and many ammo  .......  immortal combination 🙂
many dinosaurs many possibilities

9 hours ago, MaiStealth said:

for boss Dinos such as Rex's what stat do you raise? i want to know as im pretty much new at official and i want to raise Dino for bosses ^^

If you have different dinos for bosses please leave comment i want to try and raise them too 

Does your request for advice only concern the creatures of TheIsland? or do you already travel on other maps as well? (which ones?) ...do you play solo locally or online multiplayer?

8 hours ago, MaiStealth said:

Rex seems to be the all rounder tho i do love therizino so might try breeding them 

looks like the those are the stats im gonna need to aim for XD thanks for the info!

Rex's are more common because it's easier to find and tame high level rex's to begin your breeding program. Having said that, theri's are better than rex's if you have the patience to find and tame good ones before you start breeding.

1) Point for point, level for level, stat for stat, theri's are equal to rex's during the fighting.

2) Theri's have resistance to fire damage. This doesn't matter in every fight, but for the fights when it does matter it's a big deal.

3) Theri's can self-heal during fights better than rex's can. For their normal, built-in, healing a theri with berries in the inventory and a rex with meat in the inventory will heal at the same speed. But you can put veggie cakes in the theri's inventory for bonus healing, they will use the cakes to self heal during fights even if no one is riding them. The only advantage rex's have is that you can mount them and force feed them meat to heal faster, but if you're doing boss fights you mostly don't have time to do that anyway and you certainly can't do that while you're in the middle of the fight. Whether you're using theri's or rex's, either way you most likely want a deodon for any healing that they can't do on their own, and since the theri's have veggie cakes your daeodon won't have to use up as much food to keep them healed.

4) Theri's are much more maneuverable and are much less likely to get stuck on each other in a big cluster. Rex's have such a large turning radius that they constantly get in each other's way and get stuck on each other more often. A pack of theri's is so much more maneuverable than a pack of rex's.

5) You breed theri's with berries instead of meat. It's faster and less time consuming to farm berries to keep in troughs and berries don't spoil nearly as much as meat does.

Note 1: Of course if you have access to every map, there are animals that are superior to both theri's and rex's, which other people can address, I'm only comparing theri's to rex's, and theri's are the superior choice - assuming you're willing to do the work of finding good ones before you start breeding.

Note 2: There is an argument to be made that Tek rex's are the best choice, since Tek rex's can be up to Lvl 180 in the wild, which is 30 more levels than theri's or regular rexes. Others may prefer Tek rex's instead of theri's or regular rex's, but personally, I'd still rather have theri's than either kind of rex.

Like everyone's said, rexes are number one. I like spinos as well, since they're less cliche, and their dps is better with water buff. For broodmommy, megatheriums are the way to go! An interesting other option is actually woolly rhinos. If you've got a big enough tribe, then these things can wreck some serious face, because of their crazy charge. In terms of health, raise it to 21000 for anything that can eat veggie cakes-this is the ideal number to go for, since the cap is 2100 for healing. Also raise melee to whatever you feel comfortable boss running with. For the dragon especially, you need it to be high, since health really doesn't make a huge difference because percent based burn is nasty. Use Theirizinos or Woolly rhinos for dragon since herbivores take less fire damage. And of course, have a super duper tanky yuty with crap tons of stamina, so you can keep roaring all day long.

14 hours ago, tomlutom said:

not all about only stats. for bos fight you need good saddles. for rex 100+ armor. 

yea i noticed i need to go find decent one 

as for maps i do have access to all 

did play on single with short breed time and upped stats for dinos that are bred

now i started to play on official its takes long time to breed but seems fun XD

i do wish to know other dinos for bosses as i wanna try killing boss without rex's

16 hours ago, MaiStealth said:

as for maps i do have access to all 

In that case, try shadowmanes. They're like gigas, but you can bring them into boss fights. Stats are just like all the others-health and melee. Since it's a carnivore, take it's health up as high as you want it, and same for melee. They've got their natural armor, so no saddle needed. And they pack a serious punch, and you don't need a yuty. You can ride on a male shadowmane and roar your allies to buff them up.

Does the Deinonychus' bleed still work on bosses? Obviously they're too fragile to use alone, but 3 or so sacrificial Deinonychus to speed things up at the start might be fun.

Note that this is only a semi-serious suggestion from a shameless local SP gremlin (albeit one who's settings don't make tames any stronger than they are on official), but I always enjoy thinking up oddball strategies for bosses like this.

5 hours ago, Foefaller said:

Does the Deinonychus' bleed still work on bosses? Obviously they're too fragile to use alone, but 3 or so sacrificial Deinonychus to speed things up at the start might be fun.

The bleed does still work. I don't remember any patches to the deinon bleed, unless I missed a handful. And actually, people solo the dragon boss with one deinon. It takes skill and some luck, but it's totally possible.

Archived