Community Crunch 351: ARK 2 Weapon Modding System Concept, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

1 minute ago, Tronguyjones said:

but fix your poop man ffs

Considering how much is wrong with ark 1 they'd genuinely be better off doing the sequel from the ground up. If they didn't it'd basically be the equivalent of trying to put a transmission in a twenty+ year old car with 300,000 miles on it rather than buying a new one.

Idk if this is a problem on pc but on console can please for the love of Scorpion Jesus get a patch for the profanity filter, I don’t care about swear words and slurs being blocked but here’s a list of all the things I’m not allowed to type in the game that I’ve found:

• For
  • Lol
  • Could
  • Blood
  • Die
  • Raw
  • Ammo
  • Weapon
  • Boss
  • Bob
  • Spare
  • 35h
  • 49m

On 3/4/2023 at 1:57 PM, CosmicSkeleton said:

Outside of scorched earth ark has to my memory never released anything big on time. This should surprise no one.

The thing is, a 2-3 months delay is one thing but 2 years is another. Long delays indicate very problematic development that most times results in a botched and underwhelming result. It's more often the case rather than 'it's done when it's done' resulting in a polished result, especially given the track record.

Anyways, it'll be interesting to see that 'roadmap' as I'm starting to get Star Citizen/Cyberpunk vibes. One thing is pretty much certain, you don't release a roadmap if you're a few months off a release. You're looking at a 12-ish month delay. And as a PS5 player, that means 2-3 yrs wait so....I'm really only interested to see if they honour the idea of UE5 upgrade in a timely manner or do the same as before, announcement followed by silence and then a year of pretending not to know anything about it.

1 hour ago, KingOfAshes said:

The thing is, a 2-3 months delay is one thing but 2 years is another. Long delays indicate very problematic development that most times results in a botched and underwhelming result. It's more often the case rather than 'it's done when it's done' resulting in a polished result, especially given the track record.

Anyways, it'll be interesting to see that 'roadmap' as I'm starting to get Star Citizen/Cyberpunk vibes. One thing is pretty much certain, you don't release a roadmap if you're a few months off a release. You're looking at a 12-ish month delay. And as a PS5 player, that means 2-3 yrs wait so....I'm really only interested to see if they honour the idea of UE5 upgrade in a timely manner or do the same as before, announcement followed by silence and then a year of pretending not to know anything about it.

Yeah this isn't even remotely on the level of CP or SC though

6 hours ago, KingOfAshes said:

Oh make no mistake, I'm not saying that in defense of WC, I'm saying it to mean that it's sadly business as usual for them

• Like 1

I was really hoping for more customization this seems like a lazy version. We need the ability change out the cross bar, hilt and etc. I also hope this world is immense with some npc to Interact with. Like some towns with people we can trade with or do quest. Yall should watch some horizon dawn video the game play is awesome. Especially how you can grab your bird with grapple and start riding it or the way you can move around the map and fighting is very smooth and it just flows so well. I hope you got some good ideas or this is gonna fail.

On 3/3/2023 at 5:05 PM, Garyo86 said:

No breeding event every other weekend, no point playing.
Who is running things over there? Making the most stupid decisions time after time. Its almost like you want to lose the players before Ark 2 comes out.

I totally agree idk why they don't include breeding in every evo nowadays the official player base is only so big not like there getting a constant influx of new players playing official nowadays the games been out for 7 years not like people are going out with tamed dinosaurs constantly pretty much most to all tribes who are actively playing  are using bred tames 

46 minutes ago, TheGameingCamel said:

I totally agree idk why they don't include breeding in every evo nowadays the official player base is only so big not like there getting a constant influx of new players playing official nowadays the games been out for 7 years not like people are going out with tamed dinosaurs constantly pretty much most to all tribes who are actively playing  are using bred tames 

Not sure why you're agreeing. Anyone that needs a breed boost for every or every other EVO shouldn't be playing official, period. They need to find a boosted server and leave official to the players that want ark as is

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

• 3 months later...