Community Crunch 351: ARK 2 Weapon Modding System Concept, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

welcome_crunch2023-1.png

This week, we're revealing our latest concept for the ARK 2 Weapon Modding System. That's right, say goodbye to boring, one-size-fits-all weapons, and hello to a whole new level of customization!

NEWS.png

ARK2_weaponconcept1.png

Ark2_Weapons_Weapon modding system concept.png

Unleash your inner artisan and forge your arsenal with an array of diverse modules that allow you to fine-tune both form and function, unlocking tons of possible combinations to create bespoke equipment that is truly one-of-a-kind. The choice of materials you select will imbue your creations with a distinct appearance and character, with unique resources waiting to be discovered in far-flung corners of the world.

dinodiscovery_update.png

The first major content update for ARK: Dinosaur Discovery is out now and it includes a bunch of new content, all for FREE!

• New Map
  • Teleport Ability
  • Whistle Ability
  • Dino Movement Improvements
  • Additional Language Support
  • Numerous Bug Fixes
  •  

carcha_switch.png

carcha.gif

The infamous rival of the Giganotosaurus is coming to Switch later this month. Stay tuned for its arrival on your ARK!

evoeventblue.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving an EVO Event! It will be active until  Monday, the 6th of March. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates. 

• Official Servers: 2x XP, 2x Harvesting, 2x Taming, and 2x Hexagon Bonus
  • Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 2x Hexagon Bonus
  • ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, 5x Harvesting, 5x Tamingand 2x Hexagon Bonus
  • Classic: 6x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, and 6x Taming

COMMUNITY_CORNER.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot Gallery | Artist Feedback Form

com run event.png

Congratulations to the winners of The Survival of the Fittest Winter Cup 2023.
We recommend you watch the final match of the tournament. It was a great match of epic proportions! 
Click below if you would like to watch the entire finals!

To check out @TeamSOTF's next events, you can join their Discord!

clipsandvideosblue.png

Creator: Controller Freak

Inspired by "As seen on TV," Controller Freak becomes the Ark's worst Salesperson who tries to sell his Calien Soup in one of the worst Infomercials ever! (This is all in good faith, this video made us laugh a lot!)

Creator: CyclonicDuck yt

Listen to this rendition of Rockwell Prime Theme expertly played on the piano by CyclonicDuck!

fanartblue.png

Is there something wrong... mate? by @VELUKO1

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_VELUKO1_1920x1

Confound em all by @SrFritzofTARDIS

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_SrFritzofTARDI

A growing Dodorex by MayaPatch

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_MayaPatch_1920

Carnivorous crescent by @falco_luna

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_falco_luna_192

I like scenes where humans and big creatures communicate with each other by @k3zk_627

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_k3zk_627_1920x

The lord Reaper by @WolfTek7

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_WolfTek7_1920x

Giganotosaurus TEK L-I Saddle by @TekARK3

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_TekARK3_1920x1

acreenshotsblue.png

Carcharodontosaurus by @ARKLove9

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_ARKLove9_1920x

TEK Ready by Igor

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Igor_1920x1080

Enjoy your weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

ARK 2 concept looks great, but I'm hoping we could get some information regarding the various bugs involving Survival of the Fittest. I crash very frequently from...basically doing anything, and I'm playing on PS5. Not to mention the Sinomacrops Glider doesn't work whatsoever, and I've heard that SOTF is causing issues for people playing outside of the gamemode, which is very concerning.

• Like 1

So since we had a lot Dino concepts mainly on animals from the Mesozoic era will we likely see anything from the Paleozoic or Cenozoic era or even any of the dlc creature that were on the ship or reveal one we have yet to await and see and if so can you give us a hint on the next Dino concept that might be

Edited by Ragequitter36

Game crashes every time i play today on xbox!! 

3 hours ago, SharkLordSatan said:

ARK 2 concept looks great, but I'm hoping we could get some information regarding the various bugs involving Survival of the Fittest. I crash very frequently from...basically doing anything, and I'm playing on PS5. Not to mention the Sinomacrops Glider doesn't work whatsoever, and I've heard that SOTF is causing issues for people playing outside of the gamemode, which is very concerning.

Evo event without higher breeding rates. What kind of EVO weekend is this? Why do you still call it like that? :D Next event we can be glad when the EXP rate or the hexagon rate stay... Every time a bit less than before.

Last evo WEEKEND: Official Servers: 3x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus

This evo WEEKEND: Official Servers: 2x XP, 2x Harvesting, 2x Taming, and 2x Hexagon Bonus

Must be an earlier april fool :P

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, NYYankee said:

Evo event without higher breeding rates. What kind of EVO weekend is this? Why do you still call it like that? :D Next event we can be glad when the EXP rate or the hexagon rate stay... Every time a bit less than before.

Last evo WEEKEND: Official Servers: 3x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus

This evo WEEKEND: Official Servers: 2x XP, 2x Harvesting, 2x Taming, and 2x Hexagon Bonus

Must be an earlier april fool :P

You must be new here. 

All the changes they making to Ark. All to make it better......and they still seem to be messing it up. Everything we learn about ark 2 seems like they are going more and more overboard. First off wild card bone armor and bone weapons are UGLY and impractical. Second if you add more spikes to a dino it doesn't make it cooler it makes it alot less likely to be able to move through trees and brush. This is just 2 of the many many changes they think we want. It is like they are trying to appeal to very young children or mall ninjas. WE WANT ARK 2 NOT ELDEN RING DINO ADDITION. Ark 2 should be ark 1 with better graphics, smarter AI more dinos, a better game engine, a more pronounced story. 

Stop just stop get some help

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, PikaSaurus said:

This game was mean to be out a year ago, then supposely it's supposed to come out in the summer, yet all we've seen is concept art. ANd this is after you said next ark 2 news is gameplay. Freaking pathetic

Outside of scorched earth ark has to my memory never released anything big on time. This should surprise no one.

• Thanks 1