SOTF Chat

Woody714

I have played mostly solo since I started Ark a couple years back. I am not familiar with online comms. When I played the release of Gen 1 for a week or so, it was on PS4 and i think the chat was done on Discord? but I am not sure. We played on a private server. I notice that while playing SOTF, I can often hear players in the background. Not to sound crotchety, but this old man probably does not like any of anyone elses music that gets "shared", lol, and I have heard things happening in the chat that I would not repeat in a polite setting...private things...bodily things... I would just like to know how to turn it off.

On the fun side, I heard more than one Youtuber that I recognize and one of them was having a bit of a meltdown with another, lol. 

I just had another different but chat related issue. While playing SOTF on Xbox One S, I inadvertently hit the text chat button and could not shut it off. 45 seconds into a new game, obviously I died again but I could not get rid of the text window and decided to try to quit Ark from the Xbox home page. I could not access the home button. It popped up but was not active. It took a good 30 seconds plus after I walked away from it before i noticed the game went into spectator mode and the texting box had disappeared.

Honestly, my personal opinion is that you could eliminate the text box entirely and use that button for a primary weapon as it seems really easy to do and totally worthless to me as a player. If i were playing with others I needed to interact with, I would probably just use a head set.

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, Galdrar said:

Hello There! I launch the ARK on PS4 with the update, but I can't launch SOTF, I've got the image of SOTF but not the title in the menu, do you know why?

It is only released on the PS4 Pro so if you don't have the Pro then it is not out yet until they fix the issues. Otherwise it should be at the top of the main menu?

2 hours ago, GP said:

It is only released on the PS4 Pro so if you don't have the Pro then it is not out yet until they fix the issues. Otherwise it should be at the top of the main menu?

I have PS4 1 TB pro but I’m not getting an option for SOTF on my main menu.   Got the logo in the left corner now.  But no option to select SOTF.  

Archived