Tricks on Leveling up Quickly?

Adinosaur

On 6/14/2016 at 6:48 AM, Adinosaur said:

The daily chores are actually something I enjoy in the game. You'll always have something to do. But at early game I seem to never have something to do before I learn wooden foundations, walls, ect.

Cloth Hats are quick XP in the very early game. Though you don't get anything useful out of it, making spears a more popular choice.

Kill turtles with spears. Even a high level turtle can be killed this way if you keep backing up. Just don't back into something worse.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/14/2016 at 5:48 AM, Adinosaur said:

The daily chores are actually something I enjoy in the game. You'll always have something to do. But at early game I seem to never have something to do before I learn wooden foundations, walls, ect.

Make cloth hats. Excellent way to level up until you can make the thatch foundation. Also the spear (both of these were mentioned, but this is what I do).

Next I make narcotic (unlocked at level 5). Then cooking pots (unlocked at level 10). Then rafts (unlocked at level 15).

(What the heck! Why do people respond to 6 month old posts? Got me going :D )

If you have the Scorched earth dlc it helps a lot imo. If I were just starting out. I would immediately tame a low level berry gathering Dino like a Morellatops and begin gathering to craft narcotics until level 20. Once you can make a forge I would gather metal to buy myself a nice Rex. A lot of people have Rex for sale and they are fairly cheap even for someone just starting out. With the Rex you can go out to the blue obelisk corner of the Scorched Earth map and kill death worms to level yourself up to 80 within a few hours. If you don't want to go the route of buying Dino's you can always get your fire arrows at level 25 and take those with some oil jars out on your Morella and kill death worms. There are a few videos out showing how to do this method, it is not hard but bring sleeping bags in case something goes wrong. Buying a Rex is obviously the much easier method.

• 5 months later...
On 15/06/2016 at 1:48 PM, ImpureFrost said:

That is actually a really good point, we need something before wood tier, that can satisfy any new player... Good point :)

Lol no wood unlocks at level 5,  by the time I spawn,  pick some berries,  make a pick and a hatchet,  make a few spears and some clothes I'm already past level 5, after that you always need hide,  you need hide for a mortar and pestle and a raft and a trike saddle so you need to go killing stuff for hide,  I usually knock a trike out when I unlock sling shot and then go on a hide raise while it tames,  by the time the trike is up you should have enough hide and level for a raft, build a raft,  make a mortar and pestle and use your new trike to farm narcos,  you should hit stone tier by then and can make your raft stone,  the exp off building the stone will level you high enough to get a decent mount and unlock the saddle,  I usually go for a high level frog as it's early saddle it's mega mobile and can farm Cp for you,  it will collect loads of meat and get mad xp from killing flies in the swamp, but a bear or sabre or Wolf will do just as good,  run round on that and kill some stuff,  while you tame dodos and a phomia and build a few medium crop plots so you can get your carrots for a kibble ptera tomorrow,  if your bored by then the games not for you, I usually find I am leveling quicker than I can achieve my goals and not waiting to level up before I can do the next step,  there is loads to do on this game at an early level. If you can't think what to do next,  make narcos or build spike walls and gates to put around the perimeter of your Base 

Rafts. I swear by this method. Grab a beaver and bear, and farm as much wood, fiber and hide as you can. Then craft a million rafts. If you have tribe mates that'll help, they can stand around and get some shared exp. You get 187.5 exp per raft.

You can also fill a grinder full of stone and let it grind away while you're doing this. Alpha's offer a lot of exp, but on an official server you might have a lot of competition; the downtime could hinder your exp gain.

Depends on your level?

If starting out, just gather/craft/kill stuff.

If you're a higher level and have the means, kill alpha's, use a grinder, etc.

Use an Evo event weekend in any of the above and it'll be way faster. For example, a tribe member went from 1 to early 40s this weekend alone and he wasn't even online for a huge amount of time.

Archived