Why don't you fix the BUG and we prevent the grid from blocking us

cseel

• Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cseel said:

yes

Thank you for answering.

So what you need to know is that the mesh is not "a bug", it's not a single thing that can be fixed one time an the whole game would be fixed at once. Every place where there is a problem with the mesh is it's own individual problem. WC has been working on fixing the mesh in many, many places on all of the maps. Players report a problem with the mesh at coordinates x,y and then WC fixes the mesh at those coordinates.

I don't understand all the technical details of how the mesh works, but I can tell you that fixing the mesh is a complicated problem. The reason I know it's complicated is this exact same problem happens in lots of games. If it was only ARK that had this problem I would blame WildCard, but it happens in plenty of other games too, and that tells us that it's a problem within UE4 that is hard to prevent and fix.

If the "grid" or mesh is messing you up, then you have two answers:
1) if it is a in game problem that is "killing" you or your dinos' - report it on the "bugs" url

2) If you used to "live" or had a base somewhere that is now being destroyed because it is "in mesh" - build a new base . That was not a legal place to build as far as the game developers are concerned.

Archived