Recent Creature Vote

Ian1the1Survivalist

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Ian1the1Survivalist said:

And yet it made it to third place. Your argument is invalid.

3rd place is another way of saying it lost out twice to other things. 

It's not an argument. It's an opinion. 

Those are always valid to the person having them. 

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, Ian1the1Survivalist said:

And therefore deserves a possible chance in the near future. The Carcarodontosaurus struck out in the last creature vote, yet still made it into the game. What's the Cave Lion's excuse?

Cave Lion made it into 3rd place.

Hatzegopteryx made it into 2nd place.

CarChar made it into 2nd place TWICE.

See the difference? If anything by your definition we should get Haptegopteryz over Cave Lion.

If there is another creature vote later down the line then yes Cave Lion will have another chance along with everything else.

4 hours ago, Ian1the1Survivalist said:

You clearly don't understand the difference between an invalid argument and someone expressing their own personal opinion.

Everyone gets it, you like the cave lion. It lost the vote, you can stop whining and crying in public now.

On 2/11/2023 at 12:55 AM, Ian1the1Survivalist said:

Hello everyone,

Not sure if anyone reads or cares about my posts, but I'm gonna blow off some steam. I, for one, am not really happy with the recent winner of the Creature Vote. To the creator of the dossier/entry? Nothing personal, but there were lots of other really amazing creatures listed for the shot, and a lot of folks out there(Sorry to say) are crazy for not realizing that.

It was something NOBODY should've wanted! We had OPTIONS, people! We could've had a fierce Cave Lion, a Giant Cheetah or Bison, or a new crocodile or primitive dinosaur added into the game, but WHAT do we get? ...A BUG! A STUPID BUG!

Like... you don't think ARK has ENOUGH insects in it, already!?! Most of them are practically useless, anyway! Some you can't tame, some you never use AFTER you tame them, I mean, C'MON! Look at all we've got! https://ark.fandom.com/wiki/Invertebrates

You think that's enough?!?

If anyone sees this and feels the same way, please, pass this along, and push for the creatures who didn't win this round to be given a second chance.

Do you read the Dossier? Common you preffer another cat or agressive quetzal? the creature is fine, only the other "bug" the gorgonopsid and the notosaurus have a new role in the game, and the Ryniognatha can be a Apex predator of the sees and skies, HOW CAN YOU SAY NAAA OTHER INSECT, WHY NO MORE DINOSAURS??????. 

Dude, we have to many dinosaurs, the game need amphibians, insects, some aquatic creatures and some more mammals, but reallly you say its  like insects that we have DILO no

Liitle dissapointed becouse im expect more than creature will come to the game but im so happy for finally see the Rhyniognatha in the game. But are pathetic that we should wait to the end of the year, wildcard to bad, one creature and we need wait all the year.

To many hate i know, but like i say im happy so im coming to here to say my top creatures on the vote and why.

1. Nothosaurus becouse i like amphibian creatures (reptil but shhhh) and im a big fan of bbc documentals for Nigel Marven, and dudes, a creature that can take a wild egg and fertilizated the egg, common can be so fking cool.

2. Rhyniognatha. A BIG ANGRY INSECT FLYNG KILLING QUETZALS SWIMMING KILLING PLEASIOS DILO WE NEED A APEX PREDATOR ON THE SKIES, PERFECT

3. Gorgonopsid. Well if you dont like him for bbc documentals, i like to see in the game apex predators of the earth in the past and have unique role too

4.  The big and danger dung bettle, i like all the thing of these creature except his name

5. Razana. Sorry i have preference for dangerous prehistoric crocodriles

Which creatures do you want and why? 

3 hours ago, kage13ofmordor said:

Liitle dissapointed becouse im expect more than creature will come to the game but im so happy for finally see the Rhyniognatha in the game. But are pathetic that we should wait to the end of the year, wildcard to bad, one creature and we need wait all the year.

To many hate i know, but like i say im happy so im coming to here to say my top creatures on the vote and why.

1. Nothosaurus becouse i like amphibian creatures (reptil but shhhh) and im a big fan of bbc documentals for Nigel Marven, and dudes, a creature that can take a wild egg and fertilizated the egg, common can be so fking cool.

2. Rhyniognatha. A BIG ANGRY INSECT FLYNG KILLING QUETZALS SWIMMING KILLING PLEASIOS DILO WE NEED A APEX PREDATOR ON THE SKIES, PERFECT

3. Gorgonopsid. Well if you dont like him for bbc documentals, i like to see in the game apex predators of the earth in the past and have unique role too

4.  The big and danger dung bettle, i like all the thing of these creature except his name

5. Razana. Sorry i have preference for dangerous prehistoric crocodriles

Which creatures do you want and why? 

1. Cave Lion. I'm always open for more mammals in the game, and felines are no exception. I like some variety with with my Sabertooths. People say we have the Thylacoleo, which don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Thyla, but the only thing is; it's not an actual cat. It's a marsupial. Nothing wrong with it, but again, ya can't go wrong with more cats.

2. Giant Bison. I liked the idea of being able to produce cheese from it's milk. Also I'm a little bit of a country boy, wouldn't mind having animals that simulates a farm in ARK. We have almost all the creatures suitable for one; pigs, sheep, horses, dodos for your chickens, where's our cow??

3. Nothosaurus. I too am no stranger to prehistoric amphibians, and Nothosaurus happens to be one of my favorites. It's a very unique creature, basically a plesiosaur with legs. Love me something that could be far more useful than the Diplocalus (Does anyone even USE them???)

4. Gorgonops. EVERYONE loves Gorgonops, be it from BBC documentaries or Primal. If it doesn't make it officially? We know the developer of ARK Additions is working on one, so if IT becomes official, then that will solve that.

5. Giant Cheetah. Again, love some Prehistoric Cats, and I'd love a fast moving mount to replace the Gallimimus, as far as utility goes. A fast moving mount that fights back.

17 hours ago, kage13ofmordor said:

i know that is about other term, but i think maybe in the future can be official, if not, so sad to console player ark additions best mod

You seem to be misunderstanding the point he was making. The only official mods that have been added to the game have been maps. Even when they added parts of S+ to the game they didn't add the whole mod. Pieces of S+ were added to the game, but S+ is still not an official mod. So, they might add bits and pieces of your favorite mod to the base game, and that could be cool, but they won't be adding the whole mod. Even PrimitivePlus, which was added before the sponsored mod program began, was not added to the base game, it's an alternate version of the game that cannot be mixed together with regular ARK.

The only mods that have been added to the game in their entirety have been maps.

On 2/11/2023 at 11:48 PM, Ian1the1Survivalist said:

It made it to third place sure, but do let's remember that the only reason it took off as it did was because a Spanish streamer hyped it up to their fan base, some of whom flat out said they'd vote despite not playing ark at all. I'd have to look back in my old comments to find the name but another Spanish commenter I spoke with stated that said streamer then tried to garner support by making it an us vs them situation (granted this is hearsay but I won't go ruling anything out after the sinomacrops debacle). Essentially, it was rigged and still failed in spite of the rig. The second we saw that there was anything approaching rigging like that it should've been disqualified, but watching it flounder and flop before two other creatures (one of which was a three time competitor that always got love in the votes) is good enough for my books.

On 2/11/2023 at 7:29 PM, wizard03 said:

well that's the thing, there was a period of time on earth where the entire planet was overrun with giant insects. The giant centipede, dung beetle, ect. ect. It actually happened.
Legitimately, I am bummed too at the results, but am not disappointed. The vote system is for the masses, 60k votes is the highest turnout yet, as such I accept that the community has spoken, and spoken loudly. As such, we will have to wait and see what happens next. Something tells me that they are not going to keep releasing "giga this" and "giga that" Sooner or later they will release some PvE creatures as well. Maybe something to help us solo players with the hide we have problems collecting for the ascendent saddles we have.

Please forgive my pedantry, but...not all arthropods are "insects."  I would not call a Pulmoniscorpius a "bug" or an "insect."  But I do agree with you that the Carboniferous was the heyday for mega-arthropods, like the myriapod Arthropluera, the giant arachnid Pulmoniscorpius, and that pesky Meganeura.

I don't think there were Dung Beetles in the Carboniferous; the oldest Dung Beetle fossil is from the Middle Jurassic (Alloioscarabaeus).

I was absent for this "vote" that happened; can somebody direct me to the thread where this "vote" happened?  I'd like to see what creatures were up for that vote, and which arthropod won this vote (I've been out of the loop for a while, and I'm trying to catch up).

• Volunteer Moderator

11 hours ago, roninwolf1981 said:

Please forgive my pedantry, but...not all arthropods are "insects."  I would not call a Pulmoniscorpius a "bug" or an "insect."  But I do agree with you that the Carboniferous was the heyday for mega-arthropods, like the myriapod Arthropluera, the giant arachnid Pulmoniscorpius, and that pesky Meganeura.

I don't think there were Dung Beetles in the Carboniferous; the oldest Dung Beetle fossil is from the Middle Jurassic (Alloioscarabaeus).

I was absent for this "vote" that happened; can somebody direct me to the thread where this "vote" happened?  I'd like to see what creatures were up for that vote, and which arthropod won this vote (I've been out of the loop for a while, and I'm trying to catch up).

Fair enough, I wasn't trying to name them exactly. I was just tring to quick reference so anyone understood what I was talking about. 

It wasn't my first choice either (Of the winners I really wanted the crocodile complete with living bear trap ability as I thought that was something awesome the game could have benefitted from)

But a bug winning satisfies me reasonably well considering i'm probably in the minority of players who actually like the idea of taming big bugs in ARK. 

That said much of the original concept for the creature doesn't appeal to me, a great amount of it seems extremely overpowered and the idea of a "sky giga" isn't as appealing to me as it is to some people, a Sky Rex maybe.. sure that could be ok but not Giga.
I don't want this creature to be something grossly oversized and overpowered that gets nerfed when you tame it.. and something that ends up being so annoyingly hard to find that it makes the idea of a sky threat pretty much obsolete anyway.

I don't agree with OP that we have "too many" bugs in the game, by my count there are only 8 that are actually tamable and only 5 of them are even ridable.
I do however agree that many of them have very limited use, especially as mounts.. and I also want to bring up the fact that for a very long time we couldn't even breed these creatures to increase their usefulness which we could do with countless other ridable dinosaurs etc.

Bugs have long been pretty neglected in ARK, not a single one of them has gotten the privilege of a TLC upgrade either.
In fact the only thing I can recall at all over the entire lifespan of ARK that bugs have gotten as any kind of "upgrade" is the ability to breed them.. something most creatures have had since day 1.
And while I am grateful for the time the devs give to them to implement that when they certainly didn't have to.. bugs in ARK are still lacking compared to so many other creatures in the game.

For one to win this creature contest is truly a good thing for the game if you ask me, we do need more bugs in ARK, especially strong ridable ones and bugs do deserve to be better represented in the game.

I say let them have their small moment in the spotlight, it's not often they get to ^^

Archived