Recent Creature Vote

Ian1the1Survivalist

Hello everyone,

Not sure if anyone reads or cares about my posts, but I'm gonna blow off some steam. I, for one, am not really happy with the recent winner of the Creature Vote. To the creator of the dossier/entry? Nothing personal, but there were lots of other really amazing creatures listed for the shot, and a lot of folks out there(Sorry to say) are crazy for not realizing that.

It was something NOBODY should've wanted! We had OPTIONS, people! We could've had a fierce Cave Lion, a Giant Cheetah or Bison, or a new crocodile or primitive dinosaur added into the game, but WHAT do we get? ...A BUG! A STUPID BUG!

Like... you don't think ARK has ENOUGH insects in it, already!?! Most of them are practically useless, anyway! Some you can't tame, some you never use AFTER you tame them, I mean, C'MON! Look at all we've got! https://ark.fandom.com/wiki/Invertebrates

You think that's enough?!?

If anyone sees this and feels the same way, please, pass this along, and push for the creatures who didn't win this round to be given a second chance.

I get you buddy. I'm a little disappointed as well, but who knows? Maybe WC will make this the most useful bug in ark. One thing's for sure though-it's definitely going to be tameable, and it better be rideable or at least a neat shoulder pet. I personally wanted either Razana or bastion beetle, but I guess the ARK community disagrees.

2 minutes ago, Griffin998 said:

I get you buddy. I'm a little disappointed as well, but who knows? Maybe WC will make this the most useful bug in ark. One thing's for sure though-it's definitely going to be tameable, and it better be rideable or at least a neat shoulder pet. I personally wanted either Razana or bastion beetle, but I guess the ARK community disagrees.

I guess so... I was honestly hoping for a very decent creature. I'm just sick of all the bugs in the game. When I play ARK? I'm here for the Dinosaurs or Ice Age Mammals.

ARK Additions is coming to consoles, and the creator is adding stuff to it every every great while, and the Gorgonops is listed as one to appear in the future, so I'm relieved for that. But as for the others? I went from the Cave Lion, Nothosaurus or even the Giant Bison.

29 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

Not being rude, but when was the last time we got a new stupid bug? Besides all the bugs and glitchs that is

It's not so much the fact that it's new, but more like the fact that it was the chosen winner, when we really didn't need it. There are SO many bugs in the game already, in the literal sense. Ants, Bees, Dragonflies, Scorpions, Spiders, the list goes on. If I wanna see a bunch of bugs, I'll spend some time at the Museum in Animal Crossing or something.

When I hop into ARK? I'm here for the BIG league creatures; primarily dinosaurs and ice age mammals. Something I can ride triumphantly into battle and help me feel safe and secure when I'm out in the field. And considering how many amazing creatures there are in the Fossil Record, I tend to get a bit irritated, when something as powerful and mighty as a Cave Lion, for example, gets bounced out of the competition by a lousy bug.

Wildcard, please, for ALL our sakes? More Dinosaurs and Mammals, heck, I'd settle for birds! NO MORE BUGS!

47 minutes ago, Ian1the1Survivalist said:

It's not so much the fact that it's new, but more like the fact that it was the chosen winner, when we really didn't need it. There are SO many bugs in the game already, in the literal sense. Ants, Bees, Dragonflies, Scorpions, Spiders, the list goes on. If I wanna see a bunch of bugs, I'll spend some time at the Museum in Animal Crossing or something.

When I hop into ARK? I'm here for the BIG league creatures; primarily dinosaurs and ice age mammals. Something I can ride triumphantly into battle and help me feel safe and secure when I'm out in the field. And considering how many amazing creatures there are in the Fossil Record, I tend to get a bit irritated, when something as powerful and mighty as a Cave Lion, for example, gets bounced out of the competition by a lousy bug.

Wildcard, please, for ALL our sakes? More Dinosaurs and Mammals, heck, I'd settle for birds! NO MORE BUGS!

... if you are in ARK for Dinosaurs and Mammals, then does that mean you only play on TheIsland?? otherwise I think you should change the game since already 'from the second map of the story appiano animals that have never even existed .... I guess you'll never tame a Rock Elemental, a Wyvern, Rock Drake, Bloodstalker, Reaper, Shadowmane... and you definitely don't grow little dinosaurs using the Maewing... obviously you would never even use a Strider, a Skif, Performers and Scouts, ohhh MEK... And we could go on and on. Then who knows what your Dinos will think when they meet the defense and attack units from the Overseer...

Let's remember that Ark is not at all a game of only Dinosaurs, its true story is born even in the future, and the game is based on an "Evolutionary" concept, which is why it is adored by most Ark players.

Apart from that, there are thousands of people like you who like other types of creatures. which can be fish, amphibians, birds, arthropods, insects, or mythological creatures...  all deserving to be in this wonderful game.. if I wanted to play only with Dinosaurs surely I would have to delete Ark and play Jurassic Park (or similar).

PS: the proposal of the Lion in Ark is very interesting thanks to its Taming mode, particular hunting mode (wild) and related matching abilities (tamed); deserves a new map with specifically drawn locations, that can extract all the potential (and therefore the fun), I do not hide that although among the ten choices I would have preferred any of the others to the Lion and the Cheetah, I have conscientiously placed it among the top 3 precisely because of the particular context that could find in Ark ... but.... each of those ten animals had very interesting abilities or functions, the nose of Gorgonop and Myot, the Razana tank (mainly PVP, I play PVE so better Sarcosuco?), and certainly in Ark what is missing is just a good insect like Giant Beatle or Rhynio, obviously elaborated in a suggestive but also balanced way.

PPS: we always remember that we all have personal preferences but Ark is played by millions of people each with their own preference to respect as we would like respect for our

8 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

... if you are in ARK for Dinosaurs and Mammals, then does that mean you only play on TheIsland?? otherwise I think you should change the game since already 'from the second map of the story appiano animals that have never even existed .... I guess you'll never tame a Rock Elemental, a Wyvern, Rock Drake, Bloodstalker, Reaper, Shadowmane... and you definitely don't grow little dinosaurs using the Maewing... obviously you would never even use a Strider, a Skif, Performers and Scouts, ohhh MEK... And we could go on and on. Then who knows what your Dinos will think when they meet the defense and attack units from the Overseer...

Let's remember that Ark is not at all a game of only Dinosaurs, its true story is born even in the future, and the game is based on an "Evolutionary" concept, which is why it is adored by most Ark players.

Apart from that, there are thousands of people like you who like other types of creatures. which can be fish, amphibians, birds, arthropods, insects, or mythological creatures...  all deserving to be in this wonderful game.. if I wanted to play only with Dinosaurs surely I would have to delete Ark and play Jurassic Park (or similar).

PS: the proposal of the Lion in Ark is very interesting thanks to its Taming mode, particular hunting mode (wild) and related matching abilities (tamed); deserves a new map with specifically drawn locations, that can extract all the potential (and therefore the fun), I do not hide that although among the ten choices I would have preferred any of the others to the Lion and the Cheetah, I have conscientiously placed it among the top 3 precisely because of the particular context that could find in Ark ... but.... each of those ten animals had very interesting abilities or functions, the nose of Gorgonop and Myot, the Razana tank (mainly PVP, I play PVE so better Sarcosuco?), and certainly in Ark what is missing is just a good insect like Giant Beatle or Rhynio, obviously elaborated in a suggestive but also balanced way.

PPS: we always remember that we all have personal preferences but Ark is played by millions of people each with their own preference to respect as we would like respect for our

I'll have you know I have played on each of the other maps, I LOVE a lot of the other laps. And yes, I DO like the mythological creatures. I actually have a whole aviary of Wyverns on maps like the Crystal Isles and Ragnarok.

I didn't say I didn't like the mythological creatures or the fake dinos. This is an outlet over the fact that there are too many insects in ARK. If I tame something, I want it to be something practical that can be useful for their abilities and skills. Example; the Shadowmanes for their invisibility and warping attacks, Rock Drakes for invisibility and wall climbing, Rock Golems for their disguising and sheer strength, Wyverns for their elemental breaths and flight, Griffens for their speed and powered flights, Snow Owls for their heat vision and healing factors, pretty much EVERY apex predator in the game for all the right reason.

The point being that there are too many insects in the game, and too many of them are either annoying or useless. The only real practical one I can think of is the Dung Beetle, but that's mostly for handling any crops I grow, but even then, the Dung Beetle is a tame that will more than likely never see battle.

When I tame something, I look for a mighty creature that commands absolute power and respect, a faithful companion and formidable ally when I'm out in the wilds without tribe mates. Should I encounter anything from a group of Raptors, Allosaurus, Dire Wolves or even a Giga? A scroungy little insect isn't really gonna do me any good.

So yeah... I say more practical creatures, no more annoying pests or chitin fodder.

Perhaps it will be a massive bug that we can ride and take passengers on.
Perhaps it will act as a tranq weapon to use on knock-out tames.

It could have a platform saddle that takes behemoth gates that we can use to trap creatures - a mobile taming pen.
Maybe we'll be able to feed it polymer and have it produce element.

I'm sure we'll all come to love it when WildCard release it into the wild 🙂

37 minutes ago, Larkfields said:

I'm sure we'll all come to love it when WildCard release it into the wild 🙂

I sincerely hope you're right. And I'm hoping at least one more time, one or two of the other creatures in the vote can be given a second chance. Like when we were voting for a creature for the Lost Isle. The Carcharodontosaurus didn't make it in that vote, and yet it made its way into the game eventually. I'd say the Cave Lion should be given the same courtesy, since it made it to third place when the voting neared the end.

1 minute ago, GP said:

No it's not. It is simply a sponsored mod, not an official mod.

Of course it'll be on console, eventually. I've seen just about every sponsored mod supported make it's way into console, be it Building+'s items, and of course every modded map that made the cut.

19 hours ago, Ian1the1Survivalist said:

Like... you don't think ARK has ENOUGH insects in it, already!?! Most of them are practically useless, anyway! Some you can't tame, some you never use AFTER you tame them, I mean, C'MON! Look at all we've got! https://ark.fandom.com/wiki/Invertebrates

You think that's enough?!?

Of the creatures in that list, only about 10 of them are actually insects. Compared to the 400-450 creatures in Ark, that's not a lot. Besides, you said it yourself that most of them aren't useful or ridable, so we're exited about getting a giant insect to fly on.

• Volunteer Moderator
23 minutes ago, Ian1the1Survivalist said:

Of course it'll be on console, eventually. I've seen just about every sponsored mod supported make it's way into console, be it Building+'s items, and of course every modded map that made the cut.

No you have not at all.

The only sponsored mods you've seen become official are maps, with the exception of a minute section of S+ and then Primitive Plus which was long before the sponsored mod program.

Look at all these Sponsored mods, you've seen none of those and some of them have been there a long time. So how you've seen about every sponsored mod make its way to console is beyond me, because only a fraction of them have, and again they've all been maps.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/ark-sponsored-mods/

6 minutes ago, GP said:

No you have not at all.

The only sponsored mods you've seen become official are maps, with the exception of a minute section of S+ and then Primitive Plus which was long before the sponsored mod program.

Look at all these Sponsored mods, you've seen none of those and some of them have been there a long time. So how you've seen about every sponsored mod make its way to console is beyond me, because only a fraction of them have, and again they've all been maps.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/ark-sponsored-mods/

Well, ARK Additions may yet come to console. I have strong confidence it will.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Ian1the1Survivalist said:

Well, ARK Additions may yet come to console. I have strong confidence it will.

Yes there's always a chance, just like any sponsored mod. But I think there's a reason why it's generally only been maps that have come as they are much easier to balance.

16 hours ago, Ian1the1Survivalist said:

well that's the thing, there was a period of time on earth where the entire planet was overrun with giant insects. The giant centipede, dung beetle, ect. ect. It actually happened.
Legitimately, I am bummed too at the results, but am not disappointed. The vote system is for the masses, 60k votes is the highest turnout yet, as such I accept that the community has spoken, and spoken loudly. As such, we will have to wait and see what happens next. Something tells me that they are not going to keep releasing "giga this" and "giga that" Sooner or later they will release some PvE creatures as well. Maybe something to help us solo players with the hide we have problems collecting for the ascendent saddles we have.

8 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

well that's the thing, there was a period of time on earth where the entire planet was overrun with giant insects. The giant centipede, dung beetle, ect. ect. It actually happened.
Legitimately, I am bummed too at the results, but am not disappointed. The vote system is for the masses, 60k votes is the highest turnout yet, as such I accept that the community has spoken, and spoken loudly. As such, we will have to wait and see what happens next. Something tells me that they are not going to keep releasing "giga this" and "giga that" Sooner or later they will release some PvE creatures as well. Maybe something to help us solo players with the hide we have problems collecting for the ascendent saddles we have.

Perhaps... I made a point earlier that I believe the Cave Lion at least deserves another chance, since it came in third place before the end. And I stand by that opinion. It's only fair.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Ian1the1Survivalist said:

Perhaps... I made a point earlier that I believe the Cave Lion at least deserves another chance, since it came in third place before the end. And I stand by that opinion. It's only fair.

It had a chance. It was voted into 3rd place. Or as people in sports call it, winning at last.

3 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

It had a chance. It was voted into 3rd place. Or as people in sports call it, winning at last.

And therefore deserves a possible chance in the near future. The Carcarodontosaurus struck out in the last creature vote, yet still made it into the game. What's the Cave Lion's excuse?

Archived