Community Crunch 348: Valentine's EVO Event, Creature Vote Winner, and More!

StudioWildcard

3 minutes ago, GP said:

Don't blame Wildcard they gave the public the opportunity to vote. The result is on the public.

Also I don't believe WC have said this is the last creature to be added. I don't believe they have said either way yet.

So how come people are saying that it is Wild Cards decision what creature gets added?

I hope you are right with this not being the last creature!

2 hours ago, TigerBlossom said:

Wild Card really?

I mean welldone to the person that created this thing, great effort but don't we have enough insects in the game?

I certainly won't be in any rush to tame a fly...

A mammal would of been ideal to be honest.

Reading through the replies to this topic, there are alot of disappointment people. Come on Wild Card, seeing as this is the last creature add maybe you can sneek another one in there and make it 2 new creatures coming to the game? Just a thought. :)

I think that there are actually to many mammals in the game seeing as All the previous winners of the creature votes have been mammal. Also, people saying that there are to many bugs in the game have no idea what they are talking about since I feel like we are really lacking in arthropods in ark.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TigerBlossom said:

Wild Card really?

I mean welldone to the person that created this thing, great effort but don't we have enough insects in the game?

I certainly won't be in any rush to tame a fly...

A mammal would of been ideal to be honest.

Reading through the replies to this topic, there are alot of disappointment people. Come on Wild Card, seeing as this is the last creature add maybe you can sneek another one in there and make it 2 new creatures coming to the game? Just a thought. :)

C'mon man, give us bug fans some love. 
The last 2 votes have had at least one mammal in it. Fjordur had andrewsarchus, desmodus, and I guess you could argue that fenrir is a mammal too. Lost island gave us the dinopithecus, we haven't had a tamable bug since genesis.
I've also checked and we've had a new mammal every dlc besides crystal isles, ragnarok, and valguero. 13 new tamable mammals in total since scorched earth. That's not counting the base game mammals.
We have 14 bugs total in game, thats counting bosses and non tamable bugs.

Edited by Vesdied
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vesdied said:

Wildcard didn't even need to do another creature vote, don't be rude just because you don't like it.

Ves, my buddy, my pal, my amigo...we both knew that no matter the outcome there'd be people complaining. Best to just pour a drink and enjoy the ride. With all the salt I'll be able to rim a bars worth of margarita glasses

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Xelz said:

a complete disappointment the voting, that style of voting is complete garbage, the favorites lost by hate votes, the worst of all is that Wildcard let people vote who don't even play ARK.

Still, at least panther's crap didn't win.

Sorry but how is it a bad voting system? It lets you organise them by preference so you don’t have to just pick one to vote for. If something lost  that’s because either not enough people wanted it or many people who did, wanted something else more. Don’t get salty just because the thing you wanted didn’t make it

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TINTE said:

The fly thing won? Darn that's disappointing. I wish something interesting would've won like the Gorgonopsid, the Bison or the Cheetah. Hopefully they make it realistically small and not rideable. Maybe the next vote 🙄.

“Interesting” like animals that aren’t even extinct or a thyla/wolf mashup? Insects are way more thematically interesting and we’re significantly lacking in useful arthropods as is

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AUTO6 said:

True but I don't expect a lot of people to buy the game, install it just to vote and refund game after this. So there will be much less votes made by people not playing ARK.

People didn't think someone would make bots with the sole purpose of filling tf2 lobbies and shunt out real players to farm for hats to sell, but here we are. I put nothing past the human desire to come out on top.

On 2/10/2023 at 8:16 PM, CosmicSkeleton said:

Whew lad, Rhynio really pulled a dark horse on us and came in hard to take the win. Congrats to the supporters. Also I'm glad this time the devs didn't cheapen the vote by giving us the runnerup any way. Really wasn't that up for doing the whole song and dance about vote integrity a third time

See. I'm the opposite, I hope they feel generous and give us the runner up and/or three anyway. More creatures the merrier and for those of us who are disappointed/not enthused by a giant bug it would be awesome.

3 hours ago, margifish said:

See. I'm the opposite, I hope they feel generous and give us the runner up and/or three anyway. More creatures the merrier and for those of us who are disappointed/not enthused by a giant bug it would be awesome.

Doing it thrice would just prove that they genuinely don't care about the entire point of a vote and further bolster the mentality that they should just add stuff that loses in anyway. The fact that people were already suggesting it before the vote was even concluded was proof of that. 

On 2/11/2023 at 7:25 AM, RyniognathaFAN said:

The Beetle look lame wym? And it looked super BORING the rynio has such a cool design and it can act as an under water tuso, but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder 😒

Just because you want it to go underwater it doesnt mean its going to have that ability they could add completly diferent skills .... plus no beetle is much cooler than a stupid moth ..... we already have a moth 

Can’t wait till the Rhyniognatha is added to the game and it’s the size of a dung beetle lmao. People do realize that just because the initial post says it’s huge doesn’t mean Wildcard is gonna actually make it big at all right? The original post is a SEVERELY exaggerated sizing of the real world bug and Wildcard certainly isn’t gonna make it anywhere close to as big as people expect. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zoroarkillusion said:

Can’t wait till the Rhyniognatha is added to the game and it’s the size of a dung beetle lmao. People do realize that just because the initial post says it’s huge doesn’t mean Wildcard is gonna actually make it big at all right? The original post is a SEVERELY exaggerated sizing of the real world bug and Wildcard certainly isn’t gonna make it anywhere close to as big as people expect. 

They didn't do it with desmodus. No reason to expect them to do it now. Hoping a creature suggestion is bad out of sheer spite really ain't it chief.

On 2/10/2023 at 6:58 PM, TekTusoteuthis said:

Disagree big time, thematically bugs are 10× more interesting than cats and cattle. The Gorg is only interesting because it's a Synapsid but will like be dog like in role in the game.

The only reason it won is because loudedcrysis hyped it up and it does everything in the game from resource gathering to anything else you need its just not a great creature

On 2/10/2023 at 5:20 PM, tyrantlizard said:

Honestly, I'm not too happy with the winner. We had all these cool creatures in the votes, Gorgonopsid, Nothosaurus, Hatzegopteryx, The Crocodile thing, the Cave lion the giant cheetah, hell, I would've been happy with the goat or bison but out of all the creatures in the vote, the Butterfly/Moth won? Well, at least the beetle didn't win so its the lesser of two evils I guess.

cmon, at least it gives a reminder tuso exists. also what wrong wit da beetles?

13 hours ago, Zoroarkillusion said:

COUGH COUGH 50% of ark creatures (giga, tape, deino, utah, araneo, titanosaur, leed, purlovia, do i really need to continue?) r miss-sized COUGH COUGH