Community Crunch 348: Valentine's EVO Event, Creature Vote Winner, and More!

StudioWildcard

HighresScreenshot_1920.jpg

Welcome to another edition of the Community Crunch!

roadmap.png

We're excited to announce that we'll reveal a development roadmap across all iterations of the ARK Franchise next month.  

votewinner.png

With 65,870 votes, this Community Vote has been a popular one!  Ideas from the past and new entries battled it out in RankedVote to determine the next creature.  One of the entries returns to claim a victory and reminds us that bugs are mite-y cool creatures 😎.

rhy.png

56c1b371745ca.jpg

Credit: Prehistoric Bugs and Insects

Rhyniognatha is an extinct genus of arthropod of disputed placement and is considered by many as the oldest insect known.  It lived 35 million years before the first amphibians.

We are excited to get this to the creature design team and start working on Rhyniognatha!  Look for Rhyniognatha to make a grand appearance in ARK: Survival Evolved later this year!

Voting Results

tsotfconsole.png

We're expecting The Survival of the Fittest console to launch next week between Wednesday and Friday!  Stay tuned for more information!

valentinesevo.png

ARK_LoveEvolved3_2022_KeyArt_Msft_2560x1440.jpg

Our Love Evolved EVO event is live until February 17th! Unlike traditional ARK holiday events, only rates and wild dino colors will be active for holiday EVO Events.  

Survivors on Nintendo Switch can experience a traditional Love Evolved experience until Feb 16th!

eventdates_le.png

• 2/10/23 - 2/17/23

eventrates_le.png

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates. 

• Official Servers: 3x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, 5x Harvesting, 5x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Classic: 6x XP, 6x Harvesting, 6x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval

eventcolors_le.png

• Dark Lavender
  • Dark Magenta
  • Magenta
  • Dino Dark Purple
  • Dino Light Red
  • Deep Pink
  • Dark Red
  • Lemon Lime
  • Red
  • Actual Black

evoeventblue.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving an Valentine's EVO Event! It will be active until  Friday, the 17th of Feb. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates. 

• Official Servers: 3x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, 5x Harvesting, 5x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Classic: 6x XP, 6x Harvesting, 6x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval

communitycornerblue.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot GalleryArtist Feedback Form

clipsandvideosblue.png

Creator: Mr Smart Guy

Mr Smart Guy Split 100 ark players into 4 civilizations to see what would happen if they were left alone in each of their different biomes. Would they make war or peace?

Creator: Sypher Sam

Looking for ideas on your next viking house build?  Sypher Sam will give you some inspiration in his recent video.

fanartblue.png

Untitled by @VELUKO1

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_348_VELUKO1_19

The Fight is Not Over by @WolfTek7

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_348_WolfTek7_1

Lystrosaurus by @MazdaTiger

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_348_MazdaTiger

[Commission] Defeating Fjordur! by MayaPatch

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_348_MayaPatch_

Explaining TEK technology by @Ampraeh

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_348_Ampraeh_19

Fishy Time! by Scutal

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_348_Scutal_192

acreenshotsblue.png

SuperDooM#2527

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_348_SuperDooM_

Necross#6852

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_348_Necross_19

༒LaSopadeRockwell༒#6863

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_348_LaSopadeRo

Enjoy your weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

48 minutes ago, Xelz said:

a complete disappointment the voting, that style of voting is complete garbage, the favorites lost by hate votes, the worst of all is that Wildcard let people vote who don't even play ARK.

Still, at least panther's crap didn't win.

The original vote style was far worse since letting people actually see the votes allowed players to sway it far more heavily out of spite or made them drop out entirely when it was obvious their choice was losing.

31 minutes ago, Vesdied said:

But..... this is a giant beetle....

Dragonfly. Well...kinda.

Honestly, I'm not too happy with the winner. We had all these cool creatures in the votes, Gorgonopsid, Nothosaurus, Hatzegopteryx, The Crocodile thing, the Cave lion the giant cheetah, hell, I would've been happy with the goat or bison but out of all the creatures in the vote, the Butterfly/Moth won? Well, at least the beetle didn't win so its the lesser of two evils I guess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, SuperDooM said:

heheh the interior is fully detailed too! Check out my YT video!
And thank you @StudioWildcardfor featuring my build in the CC!! I'm honored for the recognition!  :)

Good stuff lad, but be honest, how hard does it brick your frames loading that behemoth into render?

1 minute ago, tyrantlizard said:

Honestly, I'm not too happy with the winner. We had all these cool creatures in the votes, Gorgonopsid, Nothosaurus, Hatzegopteryx, The Crocodile thing, the Cave lion the giant cheetah, hell, I would've been happy with the goat or bison but out of all the creatures in the vote, the Butterfly/Moth won? Well, at least the beetle didn't win so its the lesser of two evils I guess.

I'd hardly call the lion a good contender seeing as it got a leg up from outside influence despite it being a pretty mediocre creature who's only real claim to fame was being another suggestion to counter shadowmanes. The others were nice though.

• Like 1

So everyone was upset when the Carcharo was announced because it was "just another giga" and didn't want it in the game/ wanted it to be a giga tlc instead.

But then you all see "Sky giga" proposed and it gets over half of all the points voted in the system.

Gets another giga creature: complains

gets another giga-creature submission right after that: ILL TAKE YOUR ENTIRE STOCK

Y'all are something else.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Good stuff lad, but be honest, how hard does it brick your frames loading that behemoth into render?

Honestly, I have to circle over the ship two or three times with my dino before it's done loading.
But once its all in, things run pretty smooth. We keep the structure limits-per-area a bit lower than official servers and I haven't maxed out any areas yet.

47 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

The original vote style was far worse since letting people actually see the votes allowed players to sway it far more heavily out of spite or made them drop out entirely when it was obvious their choice was losing.

I think a method should be implemented that involves a player at least voting with their character's implant number since this type of voting where people who don't even have the game or have heard of it can enter to vote. What's the point of someone who doesn't play ARK being able to decide the creature selected just because someone else asked them to? it's complete stupidity.

• Like 2