I Don’t Get Genesis Part 1

BontonexHunt

Ever since it came out, I’ve been confused on how to start on Genesis Part 1. I never got into it, and eventually drifted off from Ark around the time part 2 released. Recently I got back into Ark, and I’ve got a new view on most of the maps since my first time - I even managed to understand Scorched Earth in a way. But genesis? nope, still don’t get it

The “easiest” bog is a nightmare where 9/10 times you spawn right by a pack of X-Raptors, a baryonyx or a daeodon and end up dying eventually. The ocean is the most forgiving, until you actually get into the ocean where you’ll likely be turned into compost by electrophorus or manta rays. Trying to survive in the arctic or the lunar as a start point is a sick joke, and the volcano is filled with carnivores, both insects and dinosaurs. Genuinely, how do I get through the start without being cooked into a primal steak or thrown into some meaner, uglier creatures dinner plate? Any tips would be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2023 at 1:56 PM, BontonexHunt said:

Ever since it came out, I’ve been confused on how to start on Genesis Part 1. I never got into it, and eventually drifted off from Ark around the time part 2 released. Recently I got back into Ark, and I’ve got a new view on most of the maps since my first time - I even managed to understand Scorched Earth in a way. But genesis? nope, still don’t get it

The “easiest” bog is a nightmare where 9/10 times you spawn right by a pack of X-Raptors, a baryonyx or a daeodon and end up dying eventually. The ocean is the most forgiving, until you actually get into the ocean where you’ll likely be turned into compost by electrophorus or manta rays. Trying to survive in the arctic or the lunar as a start point is a sick joke, and the volcano is filled with carnivores, both insects and dinosaurs. Genuinely, how do I get through the start without being cooked into a primal steak or thrown into some meaner, uglier creatures dinner plate? Any tips would be fine.

The easy, medium, and hard descriptors generally don't have much to do with the actual difficulty. In Gen 1, I always start in the ocean biome and build a base on the island in the South East or East spawn point, I believe, with the mission terminal on it. It is the one where you search for stuff. It is also pretty close to the Manta Ray 64.  SInce you are in SP, you can disable building restrictions for gen 1, so you can build anywhere. That island has a spawn point right next to it on a high plateau, which I use to farm most of my wood, berries, etc. Early on, I use HLNA to buy some basic materials I can't get on the Ocean biome.  I do the Manta 64 mission and use credits to buy fur, hide, etc and then teleport to the South West snow biome, which is actually pretty easy. There, I get basic gatherers pretty easily and it is the least dangerous place outside the ocean.  Then return to the ocean and chill, farm. 

Going around the map with the teleport feature is always Russian Roulette. YOu literally do not have any control over what you will spawn into. Sometimes, you can get to a zone fine. Other times, it is a clown circus. There is no trick to it.  

But if you want the best possible, safeist start, spawn ocean East, or South East, build on theat island. Farm waveray 64. Buy stuff  you need and gear out, then go snow South West. 

On 2/19/2023 at 3:47 AM, Zeldei said:

The easy, medium, and hard descriptors generally don't have much to do with the actual difficulty. In Gen 1, I always start in the ocean biome and build a base on the island in the South East or East spawn point, I believe, with the mission terminal on it. It is the one where you search for stuff. It is also pretty close to the Manta Ray 64.  SInce you are in SP, you can disable building restrictions for gen 1, so you can build anywhere. That island has a spawn point right next to it on a high plateau, which I use to farm most of my wood, berries, etc. Early on, I use HLNA to buy some basic materials I can't get on the Ocean biome.  I do the Manta 64 mission and use credits to buy fur, hide, etc and then teleport to the South West snow biome, which is actually pretty easy. There, I get basic gatherers pretty easily and it is the least dangerous place outside the ocean.  Then return to the ocean and chill, farm. 

Going around the map with the teleport feature is always Russian Roulette. YOu literally do not have any control over what you will spawn into. Sometimes, you can get to a zone fine. Other times, it is a clown circus. There is no trick to it.  

But if you want the best possible, safeist start, spawn ocean East, or South East, build on theat island. Farm waveray 64. Buy stuff  you need and gear out, then go snow South West. 

I’ll try this out, thanks! More complicated/tedious than I expected, but if it works then nothing to worry about I guess

On 2/25/2023 at 1:55 PM, BontonexHunt said:

I’ll try this out, thanks! More complicated/tedious than I expected, but if it works then nothing to worry about I guess

Yea np. It is extremely unintuitive at first because where you think is dangerous it actually isn't.  I mean, the snow can be dangerous, but I found that the Southwest spawn point is pretty tame. And the Ocean Biome you are basically invincible.  The key is farming the easy ocean missions and getting loot, buying what you need before you go anywhere else.  If you don't turn off gen 1 building restrictions, though, it becomes more difficult as a lot of the ocean is taken up by mission zones. 

Archived