ARK at E3: Primal Survival, Redwood Biomes, Titanosaur, and Primitive+

Jatheish

• Administrator

large.575f001e0d6d7_RedwoodLEAD.jpg

Hello Survivors!

We are very excited to share a titanic amount of news with you! Today at E3 with PC Gamer, we were able to reveal some of the upcoming updates coming to the ARK! First of all, let’s begin with what you’re all curious to hear about, our new gamemode…

ARK: Primal Survival!

ARK: Primal Survival is an upcoming Total Conversion where survivors will be able to play, live, and breed as any of the ARK’s creatures! Survivors will experience full survival mechanics and lifecycles, including mating, growing, recruiting more creatures to your ‘pack,’ even constructing primitive dens.

Playing Primal Survival, which will launch later this year on PC and Xbox One as an Official Total Conversion, will allow survivors to experience;

large.575f00020a9a9_ARKPrimalRaptorPack.jpg

Live life as a Raptor, communicate and coordinate tactical attacks on other species. 

large.575f000607171_PrimalSurvivalSpidersden.jpg

Spend your nights creepily crawling around the caves as the Araneo, catching your victims with your web spinning ability and spraying them paralyzing venom, while laying eggs to expand your brood!

large.575f000b5c141_PrimalSurvivalWolf.jpg

Work together as one to execute strategic attacks alongside your pack to chase and takedown prey! Train and protect your young through the harsh winters so that they are ready to join the hunt by the time they are full grown adults.

large.575f000685e58_BearFamily.jpg

Cuddle up with your cubs and forget about your worries and your strife whilst you spend the day fishing, wandering and roaming the land with your sleuth!

large.575f00045d467_ArmyofAnts.jpg

Experience the ARK through the eyes of a Titanomyrma, building a thriving colony centered around ‘ant hills’, and survive against the elements and the dangers that the island brings!

Furthermore the new functionality associated with this Primal Survival mode will also enable mod creators to build much more intricate mods involving playing as these various creatures and detailing their lifecycles & survival mechanics, with new capabilities for creating asymmetric gameplay modes. ;)!

?

The Redwood Biome and Spotlight: Titanosaur!

Releasing June 22 on Steam via the v243 update, and shortly thereafter on Xbox One, The Redwood Biome is an all-new biome filled with lush, giant trees sturdy enough in which to build treehouses and villages.

large.575f0010b862c_RedwoodFlyby.jpg

Harvest lumber from these gigantic arbors to create your fortress super high up in the air, providing a safer place to to build a village as well as providing height advantage for a superb tactical defense stance, or tap into the massive redwoods to extract their sap for healthy concoctions.

large.575f001083aab_RedwoodGroundLevel.jpg

large.575f0025504c4_TitanosaurPlatformBase.jpg

Also making its debut in ARK v243, the extremely rare Titanosaur (Titanosaurus Vagacastrum) is the largest creature found on ARK island, operating for many players as a mobile superfortress capable of ferrying obscene amounts of weight, structures, defenses and creatures upon its back. 

large.575f00193b2d5_TitanoSmash.jpg

Essentially a walking mountain, this herbivore often crushes creatures and buildings within its path and takes issue with any creature invading his personal space.

Primitive Plus Official Mod Launch!

The second official mod, Primitive+, will launch directly within ARK: Survival Evolved on Thursday, July 28 for both PC and Xbox One players!

large.575f000ba91a4_PrimitiveVillage.jpg

Primitive+ explores the idea of what life may be like with common-day knowledge and resources provided by the land. It incorporates primitive tools and techniques that are still being used by indigenous tribes around the world today! 

large.575f000d5345b_PrimitiveLakeSettlement.jpg

Players are challenged to use primarily wood and stone without the benefit of advanced metals. A whole new set of items and detailed new mechanics focus the player on 'primitive' survival, which fits snugly in the world of ARK. Primitive+ will be playable as a functionality mod on all official ARK maps.

The mod will include;

- Over 100 primitive-themed structures
- 3 ancient building tiers (adobe, lumber, brick & cement)
- Diverse resource system - live off the land with 40 different resources
- Primitive trapping system (deadfall trap / fishing traps)
- Advanced farming - 10 historic crops and resources (Wheat, Barley, Coffee, Tea, etc)
- 11 iconic weapons (Flintlock pistol, Musket, Viking Axe, Battleaxe, etc)
- 60 types of food recipes to craft
- Enhanced role-playing experience (market stalls for trading, meals, etc)

With even more update and features to come!

We hope you guys are excited for today’s announcements just as much as we are! And don’t worry, we’ve still got loads more exciting developments coming up this year, and we’re excited to continuing to work with you to create ARK: Survival Evolved and its many extended features!

All the best,

Wildcard Jat & the ARK: Survival Evolved Team

View full article

• Volunteer Moderator

I am so hyped about all of this. I can't wait to build my Ewok village when the patch is released.

And ARK Primal Survival TC is gonna be so awesome, I can't wait to play a Dodo!

And Primitive Plus, i've been waiting to play until it is officially released so I can't wait for that. @complexminded has done an amazing job on this!

Survival Primal is going to be awesome. I cannot wait to see what life as a Giganotosaurus will be like. I dare survivors to try & tame me and force me into their pointless raids & squabbles!

Fingers crossed over time we get to see life through the eyes of our 3 favorite bosses. Dragon, anybody?! lol. Seriously, this is looking awesome, the whole update. I can't wait until Xbox users get the Titanosaur as well.

1 minute ago, Dustiest-Ninja said:

Alright alright alright; you guys have done awesome so far......bbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuut you yet need to fix the bugs, then and only then, will this game be perfect and truly complete. It's for posterity man!

Its early access for a reason, to improve the game and add new things, then begin polishing it. otherwise they would have to optimize the game after every new thing that's being added.

Before I start I will say that this is hands down on of the best games ever.....seriously.  With that being said however and the redwood looks so damn cool we all know that unless you take the day off from work you will never be able to build your base in there at least in PvE.  The land claiming that some people (not all) do is kind of ridiculous I got on to play on a PvE on the center map and I saw people where their main base was in the snow north or south but were land claiming most if not all the ruins in the jungles.  

I cant wait to see the redwood and think it will be bad-ass but devs need to do something about the land claiming or else all we are going to do is run off the new people who play casually.