ARK at E3: Primal Survival, Redwood Biomes, Titanosaur, and Primitive+

Jatheish

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Neizan said:

Can you add a server option to "allow/no allow" human players in Primal Survival? maybe some servers only want NPC Bush People (without real humans in their servers)

Is Primal Survival created by the same creator of "Play as Dino" mod? or is Primal Survival created by ARK devs?

Yes the servers can determine each species (including whether humans) that players are allowed to play as.

The Primal Survival Total Conversion is being developed by Instinct Games, who also work with Wildcard on ARK: Survival Evolved itself. It will add a lot of new features for Mod creators too, giving them much more control over how players can interact with the game world (looking forward to Uber-TRex vs humans competitive game mod... if someone doesn't create it, I'll try to get around to it myself ;) )

Cheers,
Jeremy

22 hours ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Those are human players in Primal Survival. And servers can control which species can be chosen by players, but there are never ANY AI humans. I'm just not good enough with AI to even attempt it ;)

(however... I bet the 'NPC Bush People' Mod dude will have a blast)

Cheers,
Jeremy

Found the original quote and I can't wait to kill me some human's :D 

On ‎15‎.‎06‎.‎2016 at 10:34 AM, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Those are human players in Primal Survival. And servers can control which species can be chosen by players, but there are never ANY AI humans. I'm just not good enough with AI to even attempt it ;)

(however... I bet the 'NPC Bush People' Mod dude will have a blast)

Cheers,
Jeremy

Thats so epci! Thank you so much for letting us know!

So will it be like in a MMORPG which you have to choose a Side like Humans or Dinos? I guess so, don`t think you can Switch between them.

On 6/14/2016 at 2:19 PM, LOUiECOG said:

Just a note that all players in Primal survival will be dinosaurs.  There will not be any human players in that mode because it is a Total Conversion.  Maybe just watch out for the servers that are advertised as "All Gigas all the time!" :)

i was hoping it was Humans vs humans controllig dinos? lol no AI. but all Gigas? idk im sure they must have some control over how may can spawn at the same time.. or atleast i hope. I mean another THE ISLE really? i think human controlled humas and Humanc controlled dinos will be the ultimate game 

On 6/13/2016 at 3:39 PM, Zuthraa said:

Before I start I will say that this is hands down on of the best games ever.....seriously.  With that being said however and the redwood looks so damn cool we all know that unless you take the day off from work you will never be able to build your base in there at least in PvE.  The land claiming that some people (not all) do is kind of ridiculous I got on to play on a PvE on the center map and I saw people where their main base was in the snow north or south but were land claiming most if not all the ruins in the jungles.  

I cant wait to see the redwood and think it will be bad-ass but devs need to do something about the land claiming or else all we are going to do is run off the new people who play casually.  

I agree with you completely but I'm not sure that there is a way to stop people from land claiming. Short of giving each tribe a max amount of space they can occupy. It would be a cool idea but no matter what they do the players will figure out a way to take advantage of whatever they can.

If people want to be jerks there's not much anyone can do about it. Luckily my PVE server is pretty cool about helping people out.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, INFCTDxGAMR said:

i was hoping it was Humans vs humans controllig dinos? lol no AI. but all Gigas? idk im sure they must have some control over how may can spawn at the same time.. or atleast i hope. I mean another THE ISLE really? i think human controlled humas and Humanc controlled dinos will be the ultimate game 

It will be human against human controlled dinos. Read Jeremy's posts in this thread and you'll see he confirms it.

Omg! it's here the Titanosaur!![well technically not] and though I may not have access to the RedWood forests at this moment,I can extract from trailers tgat the level of detail applied to the new biome wil lbe beyond the rest... there has even been dinos specifically teased too function more effectivly in the area. with the snow biome I had thought is was a rather bright contrast to the rest of the island, the stalagtites, dead/knocked over trees were subtle details I appreciated but despised. it one upped the maps standard and it could only go higher from there. my point being the snow biome basically made the plains, mountains and even swamps look at a lower standard meaning all of these would have too be improved, but not only that playing in the snow made me realise how bad some parts of the map were,and this caused me too resent them. Redwood sI believe will have a similar effect. This can relate too the dinos too, new ohes are added with cool abilitys but the old... well with the exeption of the Pteranodons barrel role. Whqt I attempt to imply is Devs please, the game has had bugs for such a long time now witch havent been fixed. but due too the unparraled amount of content you add the more things that are left in the dust. just focus on the game and do things one at a time. Well not yet because I want a Titan now!, but after please.?

So excited to play this! I can't wait until the level cap is updated too! This looks so amazing!! Just updated my Xbox One earlier this morning and I already noticed several differences. I can't wait to see the new redwood area. Is that going where one of the smaller mountains was in the south zone?? I've got a green line running right by my camp that encompasses the entire mountain area behind base camp. (Good thing I'm not in the zone. Especially since the other side has a picture of a house blowing up..)

3 hours ago, LadyInBlack1910 said:

So excited to play this! I can't wait until the level cap is updated too! This looks so amazing!! Just updated my Xbox One earlier this morning and I already noticed several differences. I can't wait to see the new redwood area. Is that going where one of the smaller mountains was in the south zone?? I've got a green line running right by my camp that encompasses the entire mountain area behind base camp. (Good thing I'm not in the zone. Especially since the other side has a picture of a house blowing up..)

The redwoods will encompass the island basically in the middle of the map right above the swamp area.  There is another post on the news site that shows a map which covers the changes.  That may be what you are talking about though.