ARK at E3: Primal Survival, Redwood Biomes, Titanosaur, and Primitive+

Jatheish

25 minutes ago, INFCTDxGAMR said:

Devs, please consider a timer spawn for Gigas, We do not want 30 gigas running around, There should only be mayb 2 gigas at the same time. 

By timer i mean sample: every 3 hours or so a random player gets a message if he wants to be a Giga or not. He may choose to be a giga untill killed or limit time reached? then it continues on. This way we avoid having GIGAS all over the place. Or honestly. I think it be better of without human controlled gigas. 

Just a note that all players in Primal survival will be dinosaurs.  There will not be any human players in that mode because it is a Total Conversion.  Maybe just watch out for the servers that are advertised as "All Gigas all the time!" :)

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, LOUiECOG said:

Just a note that all players in Primal survival will be dinosaurs.  There will not be any human players in that mode because it is a Total Conversion.  Maybe just watch out for the servers that are advertised as "All Gigas all the time!" :)

I don't know about that actually. There's been confirmation that humans will be in Primal Survival, but there's been no confirmation whether the humans will be AI or Players. There's strong feeling they will be players, and therefore you might be able to chose to play as dino or human.

1 hour ago, GamerPerfection said:

I don't know about that actually. There's been confirmation that humans will be in Primal Survival, but there's been no confirmation whether the humans will be AI or Players. There's strong feeling they will be players, and therefore you might be able to chose to play as dino or human

I have never been so hyped about anything before...really..

can´t wait for more Informations, i think this should be really possible to balance. The Humans would need a kind of head Start, or the Dinos could just work together and crush them inside their Thatch and Wood Bases.

Later on it should be kind of even i guess, the Humans got Weapons, tamed Dinos.. vs. "wild-Stats" Dinos (which could work together to defeat a Tribe).

But it should have limitations of some sort, like even if all "Dino-Players" start with LvL 1 there should be like only 1-2 Gigas, Brontos, Rexes etc...(for Players to choose from)

I also think it should really hurt as a "Dino-Player" to be killed, like if you loose your Base as a Human.

I could think of this like: i choose a Giga, playing for weeks, getting killed -> then i cannot play as a Giga again for a period of time. So you would prevent "Giga spamming" upon the "Humans". And other "Dino-Players" will have the Option to take the Giga.

Edited by Vangr

On 6/14/2016 at 5:04 AM, Lewiatan said:

New biome looks nice. BUT. Will you reduce the bloom effect? Its brightness is ridiculous to the point it hurts your eyes. 

It looks like this now: 

20160608212044_1.jpg

Why not disable it if it is hurting your eyes? Hit TAB to bring up the command console and enter:

r.bloomquality 0

You can also disable light shafts in a similar way:

r.lightshafts 0

• Administrator
13 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

I don't know about that actually. There's been confirmation that humans will be in Primal Survival, but there's been no confirmation whether the humans will be AI or Players. There's strong feeling they will be players, and therefore you might be able to chose to play as dino or human.

Those are human players in Primal Survival. And servers can control which species can be chosen by players, but there are never ANY AI humans. I'm just not good enough with AI to even attempt it ;)

(however... I bet the 'NPC Bush People' Mod dude will have a blast)

Cheers,
Jeremy

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Those are human players in Primal Survival. And servers can control which species can be chosen by players, but there are never ANY AI humans. I'm just not good enough with AI to even attempt it ;)

Cheers,
Jeremy

Awesome, thanks for the clarification Jeremy!

2 hours ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Cheers,
Jeremy

Just a idea, let us play as humans on a primal server, looks fun tranqing a primal player, putting a saddle on him and putting him in a dino garage 24/7. :)

Eating from troughs with spoiled meat.

Or am I just evil.

5 hours ago, PommieGamer said:

Why not disable it if it is hurting your eyes? Hit TAB to bring up the command console and enter:

r.bloomquality 0

You can also disable light shafts in a similar way:

r.lightshafts 0

I only use r.bloomquality 0, but it is still too bright. I want some bloom in game, but not as intense as it is now. I think the texture of clouds emits too much light even with r.bloomquality 0.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, NukeZX said:

Just a idea, let us play as humans on a primal server, looks fun tranqing a primal player, putting a saddle on him and putting him in a dino garage 24/7. :)

Eating from troughs with spoiled meat.

Or am I just evil.

But you will be able to play as humans on a Primal Server.

8 hours ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Cheers,
Jeremy

Can you add a server option to "allow/no allow" human players in Primal Survival? maybe some servers only want NPC Bush People (without real humans in their servers)

Is Primal Survival created by the same creator of "Play as Dino" mod? or is Primal Survival created by ARK devs?

Edited by Neizan

On 6/13/2016 at 3:32 PM, OnePotatoChip said:

Okay, I know I said that I'm a vanilla Primitive guy... but Primitive + does look absolutely sick. I can only imagine a Primitive + with a No Flyer restriction. Resource Transport caravan raids, village defense battles and tribe specialties, oh man. Gonna love it.

No matter how awesome everything looks.  In an official server people will still build the same way they always do behemoth gates everywhere in a circle. 

hello my name is Ivan Craft and come to tell some of the animals that I thought an
Marella, marine animal
Age and place: Canada Cambrian
Diet: crne
Special Ability: every time you get hit the attacker also
Domesticable
Pterygotus: marine animal
Age and place: Europe, North America in shallow seas
Diet: Meat
Size: 2.3 m. more than a man
Special Ability: jet-self-propelled and hold marine animals in their tenacious
Comparison: scorpion
Domesticable
Amonite(Scaphites) marine animal
Age and place: Europe, Africa, India, America in shallow seas
Size: that of an adult hand
Special Ability: no run defends But check ink that makes the enemy go blind for a moment
Comparitively: a squid in a shell
Although small is smart to have similarity with squid and octopuses current is so domesticable
By haora is all I have a book full of dinosaurs and large ire looking more for more goodbye

I wonder if we'll be able to control how many players can play as a dino at once. This seems like an awesome feature that I really would like to add to our server, once we finish building ours, but I don't want to add a feature that's going to cause 75 - 80% of the server to play as a dino. I think only having two tribes of human players and a load of dinos might take away from what I personally am trying to get out of Ark from an RP perspective.

Regardless I still think it's a nice addition to the game. It really will spice things up a bit. What happens if a player attempts to tame a player controlled dino? Does the player playing as the dino have to restart on a new dino because they were tamed? I'm assuming that's the case unless player controlled dinos can't be tamed at all which would be sort of a buzzkill.