ARK at E3: Primal Survival, Redwood Biomes, Titanosaur, and Primitive+

Jatheish

47 minutes ago, LOUiECOG said:

So I saw that you can cut down the Redwood trees.  What is stopping a team from just chopping down the redwoods and destroying the base that is connected to those trees?  Will there be a function where the tree becomes impervious to harvest once a structure has been built upon it?

From what I understand, only the smaller ones can be chopped down or harvested. The ones that are built on can't though? But I could be wrong haha.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, LOUiECOG said:

So I saw that you can cut down the Redwood trees.  What is stopping a team from just chopping down the redwoods and destroying the base that is connected to those trees?  Will there be a function where the tree becomes impervious to harvest once a structure has been built upon it?

The larger Redwood tress that you can build on can't be knocked down and harvested.

11 hours ago, y0himba said:

I cannot wait for there to more official Primitive Plus servers with lower ping times.  The current official servers all have above 110 ping at all times, sometimes even worse.  I am dying to play it, but the high ping times make game play less than enjoyable.

346110_screenshots_20160613162450_1.jpg

So will there be new "fresh" Servers coming up at July 28th for the PrimitivPlus?

17 hours ago, gaiainruin said:

I could not contain myitement when I saw Primal Survival and that it's coming to Xbox One too!!  This has to be the best thing ever, love you guys and love this game....great work!

Me Too. Cant Wait. But this Summer has been a long one so its going to feel A lot longer to wait.

Just gonna say I loved this game since I first saw it on PC then fell even more in love with it even with the lag and rendering problems we have on Xbox one and now I know I will have a game to pass on to my kids and still be able to play with them due to all the great content and graphics. So good job everyone for making a good game and letting us be alpha testers for your game. Now Lol.... I know I'm gonna get alil dirt for this and someone has probably thought of it but does anyone ever wanna see a gears of war mod for ark? Me as a 26 yr old who plays a lot of games and work as a living has come to this funny idea that it would be funny to retro lance some Dino's along with chainsaw action. The locust armor can be crafted with keratin or chitin along with cementing paste and metal. Cog gear can be made with obsidian,metal and electronics(for the built in coms and l.e.d.s). All the guns can be made with metal obsidian and electronics. (The reason for obsidian is that obsidian currently doesn't have a lot of use at the moment) the locust can be NPS that try and envade your base. Alright that's enough rambling of a random idea. Ty again wildcard and steam for a great game.

I like the idea of Primal Survival. But the trailer made me think that some of those details should already be in the game. Like the wolf den, argentavis nests, bears fishing for salmon, raptors should be coordinated similar to the dire wolves or terror birds. (Raptor's AI is stupid, every time I fight one its AI is to stupid to even hit me, they also don't coordinate in packs very well. 

I do like the idea of the Primal survival. Just some things should already be in the vanilla game that I saw from the trailer.

Also in the Primal Survival they included the addition of mating as the Dino. I hope they keep it clean and don't make the Dinos hump. :)

Devs, please consider a timer spawn for Gigas, We do not want 30 gigas running around, There should only be mayb 2 gigas at the same time. 

By timer i mean sample: every 3 hours or so a random player gets a message if he wants to be a Giga or not. He may choose to be a giga untill killed or limit time reached? then it continues on. This way we avoid having GIGAS all over the place. Or honestly. I think it be better of without human controlled gigas.