New Player Feedback

Bazslaz

It can be frustrating to try to start on official pve, but it's also frustrating to get started and have someone box you in and pave over the nearby resources where you'd selected your base spot to be near e.g. metal nodes and beaver spawns or obsidian or crystal. Let someone snuggle up a thatch one by one right where you planed your barn a few times, and you'll think ten times before your done trying to throw out enough pillars.

18 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

But yes, dying in ARK is part of the game. It's natural. You die, you go back, get your stuff, do more stuff, die, rinse and repeat.

Not so much for me though :) My first 4k hours were on hardcore mode. When I started playing I did SP for an hour or so then I immediatly went straight to hardcore mode... Really another game though! Especially considering this was pre-release. I only died a few times during hardcore. And I remember them all, RIP...
First time I died I was able to claim back my dinos after they became claimable. That was possible back in the day...
Made me really, really know the game. Ultra prepping and knowing facts..
Though in the first few weeks I didnt knew if dinos would eat you when you would be offline or something, I didnt know crap, so my first tame was actually after a week or 2 into the game...
It was nervebreaking at a lot of times, but I wouldnt have missed this experience for gold, though I was so happy to be able to die when I finally went normal mode after the hardcore servers were wiped. I just kept on killing myself over and over, it felt SOOO good :)

7 minutes ago, SunsetErosion said:

Not so much for me though :) My first 4k hours were on hardcore mode. When I started playing I did SP for an hour or so then I immediatly went straight to hardcore mode... Really another game though! Especially considering this was pre-release. I only died a few times during hardcore. And I remember them all, RIP...
First time I died I was able to claim back my dinos after they became claimable. That was possible back in the day...
Though in the first few weeks I didnt knew if dinos would eat you when you would be offline or something, I didnt know crap, so my first tame was actually after a week or 2 into the game...
It was nervebreaking at a lot of times, but I wouldnt have missed this experience for gold, though I was so happy to be able to die when I finally went normal mode after the hardcore servers were wiped. I just kept on killing myself over and over, it felt SOOO good :)

the hardest core

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

You literally could not pay me enough to play this game on hardcore mode. Way, WAY, WAY too many ways for lame bugs, server issues, glitches, Xbox live going down, power outages, world wars or other acts of Slejo to cause you to start over again having made no mistakes. No way.

10 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

You literally could not pay me enough to play this game on hardcore mode. Way, WAY, WAY too many ways for lame bugs, servers issues, glitches, power outages... world wars to cause you to start over again having made no mistakes. No way.

I wouldnt do it again if I knew how deep it dragged me into the game, or i actually would, I dunno. But when I started playing I wanted an ultimate hardcore survival experience. I didnt know what the game had to offer at all. All i knew it was a game with dinosaurs. I didnt look up wikis, well, as limited as possible, but the deepness of Ark dragged me to no possible way of quiting... I never intended to play the game so long... So the more I played, the lesser chances i got of escaping the strong grip of Ark :)

My hardcore rules: Always carry a torch, slot parachutes, wear ghillie, have flippers on you to travel back home through water, dimo on shoulder, dont fly over water, had my oxygen on 400 i think in case of crash above water anyway etc etc. I know it doesnt really sound appealing no :)

On 2/9/2023 at 2:22 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

Well it does sound like something interesting to try after you've kinda milked the game for everything else. 

Well, it would somewhat still be interesting I guess, but I doubt you will have to go through any of the learning curves and all anymore. You are probably an Ark god already, :) so wildlife isnt really much interesting and all. I remember watching, observing and learning about wildlifes behaviour from my raft with a spyglass, save in the ocean. As you most likely know, moving speed leveling up was ridiculous back in the day, but looking at those Allos from my raft at that one spot at Western Plains, these things just killed my convidence...

I log onto beginner servers from time to time, they are really still complicating the survival aspect of the game pretty good, but i would still soon end up with Gigas and all... Maybe I should try primitive servers or unofficial servers some time that block tek or something...

14 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

Well, it would somewhat still be interesting I guess, but I doubt you will have to go through any of the learning curves and all anymore. You are probably an Ark god already, :) so wildlife isnt really much interesting and all. I remember watching, observing and learning about wildlifes behaviour from my raft with a spyglass, save in the ocean. As you most likely know, moving speed leveling up was ridiculous back in the day, but looking at those Allos from my raft at that one spot at Western Plains, these things just killed my convidence...

I log onto beginner servers from time to time, they are really still complicating the survival aspect of the game pretty good, but i would still soon end up with Gigas and all... Maybe I should try primitive servers or unofficial servers some time that block tek or something...

You sound like helena Walker mate :D. It's really impressive to play ark on hardcore mode and not quit. I quess thats the thing about ark - you might hate it sometimes, but always come back.

Archived