official color combos--does WC have a list

PeachSalad

Of late Ive seen a LOT of dinos being called "galaxy" (and other color names that do not match from dino to dino).  Ive seen some black with purple and slight amount of blue. Ive seen some with dark purple and cyan blue with pink as well as other variations. All claim to be "galaxy" no two blues or purples etc are the same.
I googled to see if there was some "official" color chart and did not find one. One fellow posted a chart in an FB group which shows "galaxy" as cyan pink and a light purple.No idea where that chart came from. He said the lighter colors are galaxy and use of black was retired. Im stumped.
If WC has an official guide can someone point me to it? I think going forward if I trade I wont declare a name or care what the name is. If I like it I like it. If you like it you like it. But boy howdy wouldnt it be great if WC did have an official chart of color combo names? BTW if you google galaxy you will see what I mean. easier to see how different each is if you google on ebay as well. though I could swear we were not supposed to be doing that. ANyhooo... Id really love to see any lists. preferably an official one but others would be of interest as well because I dont really know the names of all these color combos. I know I have dead pool and now I know what three different people claim is galaxy. and Im really not sure what "joker" is other than some of it is green?

5 hours ago, PeachSalad said:

Of late Ive seen a LOT of dinos being called "galaxy" (and other color names that do not match from dino to dino).

I have no idea who/where/how/why a dino would be called "galaxy", but here is the wiki page showing all of the colors for animals and dyes.

https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/Color_IDs

12 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

I have no idea who/where/how/why a dino would be called "galaxy", but here is the wiki page showing all of the colors for animals and dyes.

https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/Color_IDs

apparently its a color combination. however, no one seems to agree on what the combo is. Ive seen the chart, but ty for posting it.

There is no “combo” colorings as far as I know.  

we as players informally have our own language for combos like ‘cotton candy’ which is not a set thing in the game.  Just how we interpret a blue mixed with magenta.  Both of which can vary between different colors that are similar.  

Cyan and magenta is the original combo for cotton candy and is still very popular with newer players.  As we mature we expand our horizons.

each animal has a variety of colors they can spawn with.  This variety can vary even more from map to map.  I believe you can look up the possibilities on ark.wiki.gg for each animal and maps they spawn on.

1 hour ago, PeachSalad said:

apparently its a color combination. however, no one seems to agree on what the combo is. Ive seen the chart, but ty for posting it.

All I can say is that (as far as I know) WildCard has never defined any color combo as being "galaxy", it must be an unofficial term that has come into common usage among players (which would also explain why different people give different answers for what it means.

Archived