Argentavis saddle on beginner server

Samael777

3 hours ago, Samael777 said:

What are the possibilities to get a saddle for Argentavis on the beginner server?

I saw that several tribes have saddles, but no one in the chat was willing to tell how they got them.

They hunt alpha tusos and mosa in order to get a good fishing rod.  Then they just fish.  That is the only loot table which you can access on beginner servers with that saddle.

There are underwater caverns in the oceans they can stage an attack from so they can use hand held weapons and feed turtles to the tuso to keep them focused on the turtle and not themselves.

Beginner servers are more difficult than regular servers.  That is why people work that hard to get those saddles, its a flex.

Edited by GrumpyBear

2 hours ago, Thekuervito said:

Like in other posts where newbies cry about cheaters,just fishing

We do all Bossfights what are open on Beginner server, run every cave tamed every dino as a Level one (incl. Unicorn). 

But we never get a Rex,Giga or Argy saddle from fishing!

Xbox official beginner.

Ps: Thuso and Alphas are easy to kill with a pack of 20 Megalodon 😉

• Thanks 1

Its from fishing and you dont need to feed turtles to the tusos. Just do what Austria said, 20 megalodons with their pack buff destroy anything in the water on the beginner servers. You will need a high percent rod to fish up the argy saddle bp (175+) and the rex/giga bps are even harder/rarer to get. People even have carcha saddles on the beginner servers. Maybe Xbox doesnt have the same fishing tables.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Samael777 said:

What are the possibilities to get a saddle for Argentavis on the beginner server?

I saw that several tribes have saddles, but no one in the chat was willing to tell how they got them.

Fishing = blueprints.....best fishing poles are in alpha mosa, and alpha tuso.....time to build a shark army!

Edited by wizard03
  • Thanks 1

The real secret is you don't even need to kill tusos. Those rods will get you better saddles but on beginner a tiny more armor on a 1k or less hp argy isn't gonna do much. Just go for prim bps using prim rods, leech blood, and fish around 1.7x (honey can catch bigger but more likely to get the bps from leech) 

Edited by Tylanater
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Everything done an Beginner Server is useless because the server wipes.  That said...

You cannot fish up blue prints with a normal crafted fishing rod.  Everyone is talking about a special fishing rod that drops 100% from an Alpha Tuso (20% chance alpha moso). 

In the past when there was only TheIsland Map no dlc's, players could attack alpha tuso with their mount or their player (same as you level a chibi) on multiplayer and get a drop called the ADVANCED FISHING ROD (some other rods but they are nerfed or gone from recorded history although I have their autorized cheat code and it still works in single player mode).   But you have to kill alpha tuso with your mount or character or this will never drop, if it is still in multiplayer at all.  To do so is madness of effort or perfect team coordination which no one on a beg server has.  Those who brag doing solo need to quit gaming get job as doctor or lawyer you accomplish beyond reason.  

Now a days, Beginner server has a time limit of 8 weeks before a wipe there is not time for such investment.  

Instead we now settle for the lesser fishing pole drop still from Alpha Tuso but we go at him with an army of sharks/sarco (level speed on your sharks a bit they cannot keep up).  You can ride any lead mount you want like dolphin or manta but it is best to choose the Diplocaulus.  Lead your horde searching the ocean floor for the rare rare rare rare rare spawn of alpha tuso hope you can find him before eight weeks is up with change to spare so you can pass out argy saddles to newbies who are going to quit the server in a few days anyway. 

It's a time challenge.

The problem with this is it takes a HUGE amount of effort as a solo player or with a newbie log-in-on-weekends-only-tribe.  Huge as in it is really much more advisable to simply play another server rather than a Beginner.  Those who do remain on Beginner pursuing this are doing so for the challenge not because it's easy.  Think, my friend, about why you want an argy saddle.  You want it because it makes collecting metal and picking up anky easy, right?  Ease.  You wanted it for ease.  Do you not see the hypocrisy in pursuing the hardest item to get - for ease?  It's an oxymoron incarnate.

You do not need to ride an argy on a beginner server to advance your base.  You can use other dinos or learn to simply use follow command whistles and have argy army follow you.  Diplodocus  has better weight carry than argy.  A level 17+ wild caught pelagornis has better stam/weight than a pter.  You have alternatives and that is what a beginner server is about.  Playing the game where the smaller creatures and land mounts matter.  To skip this is to deny the beginner server it's purpose; keeping you reliant on the lowly creatures so they still have value. 

Argy as a mount is not one of the lowly creatures.  

• Like 3

I’m on the beginner server to catch low level colored carchar since I breed them on official. 
So I don’t think it’s completely useless albeit trying to ‘ survive’ on the same map over and over each wipe with no real goal in mind is useless  and quite frankly boring  

but when I’m waiting on spawns why not do some experimenting I tame mosas without a trap, squid taming is really easy  I find taming mosas and squids easier than taming sharks  and for some reason there’s like 8 alpha tusos on the map at the same time  *edit* I also solo them on a mosa lol  and no I don’t want to be a doctor or a lawyer  I prefer my job since I can literally play ark all day and still make as much or more than a doctor  or lawyer lmao  

Riding an argy or tape is way better than a pt or pelagornis  in regards to fishing. It wasn’t really hard to get the saddle I have 5 ramshackle argy saddles and countless primitive ones.  Ive even got them using a prim rod. But on PS I’m trying to see if that 3% exist in between female low level carcha spawns. 

Edited by R34jeromegtr

omymoron incarnate is my tribe name next server wipe.

Okay so conflicting info... I've always heard it's near impossible to fish anything good with a regular crafted rod? 

what is the bigger time sink, taming shark pack and hunting alphas.... or trying your luck with a regular rod?

Any truth to leech blood being better than honey? thought the formula was essential, best bait x quality of rod x size of fishy, gave best odds?

1 hour ago, Illeyejah said:

Okay so conflicting info... I've always heard it's near impossible to fish anything good with a regular crafted rod? 

what is the bigger time sink, taming shark pack and hunting alphas.... or trying your luck with a regular rod?

Any truth to leech blood being better than honey? thought the formula was essential, best bait x quality of rod x size of fishy, gave best odds?

From what I'm reading, you don't get good percentages with a regular rod.   You can still get the blueprints you want, but not very good ones.  On beginner servers, simply having a blueprint that is otherwise unobtainable, has value in just that.

1 hour ago, Illeyejah said:

It is indeed a nice name. On beginner my tribe name is the T W A T S

well I didn’t think it was possible until I got 4 mosa saddles and a ramshackle rod with a crafted rod on a 1.3 fish with leach blood. 

well since it isn’t 2x :( I would tame mosas or squids and then hunt alphas. I tame like 4 a day. But add a few sharks in that mix and they go down really fast. 

Fish anything 1.1 to 1.8 with leach blood

honey for any bigger than 1.8

i think ram and app rod increases the loot quality not necessarily the bp’s that’s given. Which you have 10% chance to get the argy mosa etc

now to see if you can get a giga beaver rhino saddle 

Edited by R34jeromegtr

I allways got the argy saddle in beginner server in Xbox.
How the pople said, get a high quality rod from kill tuso alpha or musa alpha and fish a at least 1.3x salmon (sabertooth) with a leechblood

Create a little "aquarium" to isolate your fish from the smallers to prevent worng bite (the rod have a limit times to use, so dont fish small one and dont take the rod from water after launch the bite or you will loose durability unecessary)

In 5 chances you will get the argy saddle