Possible to place this foundation?

BobInSeattle

I'm building an outpost out in the boonies but I didn't realize the ground was so slanted here, and the foundation blocks I'm trying to add won't place presumably because they're too far off the ground. Here's a pic: 

https://imgur.com/a/zjdllU7

Is there any way to remedy this by placing something underneath the foundation, or terraforming the dirt below, or any other ideas welcomed.

Thanks for any insights or suggestions.

it all depends on what you are playing on.  If you were on single player steam , you could run S+ mod which has foundations that will do just that, stack onto each other.

For most of us, the trick we have available is to run pillars.  In most cases, the best way to approach a slopped situation is to run pillars from the lowest point of the build first. and then just do a row of pillars uphill until you want (and are able) to place foundations.  This can be difficult to start from the top with the floor you like

The way I would probably approach it is, figure out how far down I want to go and then use the ceiling out , pillar down to work all the way to the end that I want to reach.  Then I set a pillar down beside that bottom most pillar.  THen I would remove everything I laid out to start, and then start from that bottom pillar I left off to the side.  I then extend it however much to get the width done.  On the ends, I run a line of pillars uphill until the point I want to switch to foundations.   Then switch to foundations.  FInallize width and length.  THen fill in rows of pillars that are spaced such that rows are Xs and empty space is 0s . 

X 0 0 0 X 0 0 0 X 0 0 0 X     A grid like that would support everything above.

Heres a picture to give an idea what I mean.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

The ceilings here were used mostly before I realized how the building uphill first worked better.  Going downhill produces many problems later on.   By the end of the build in the back of this picture you can see I learned how much easier it was to do and saved a great deal of metal not using ceilings as much.

I sort of did the same thing you are trying to do, I started with foundations on one side, and worked down into the water and back up to foundations on the other end of the building.

keep in mind that: the roofs, stairs and walls do not necessarily have to touch all the pillars below, foundations and pillars on the surface serve to create support at any height above them even without physically touching them, therefore starting with walls, roof stairs from one any of the foundations you will be able to keep everything suspended above, IMPORTANT do not remove the pillars afterwards or a hole will form above it. Good to know: a pillar or foundation placed alone (not connected to any other structure) will self-destruct after a while, you need to connect at least two together to remain stable

what @CervantesMor says about snapping together is correct for pve servers.  A lone pillar or foundation by itself will blank after 12 hours if it isn't snapped to something else.  2 pillars snapped side by side would not work, but 2 foundations snapped together would... its a bit wonky, but if you run rows of pillars and want to go to sleep and finish later on - snap a ceiling or ladder to one of the pillars in the chain.  That will preserve the chain for several days instead of 12 hours.

Archived