How can i fill this gap between the ceilings and the ground?

Bramsv1lle

Dear survivors, i have an anoying problem, builing my platform around the edge of a rocky hill, seems that Ark thinks the gap is too small to put a ceiling in.
I'm using ''Builders Improvements'' mod, as well as ''Sructures Plus'' although this structure is not structures plus. The problem is also not foundation related, somehow it only says it can't place it there instead of ''obstructed'' error.
Can someone help to nice and neath solution? I already thought of placing fences around the gaps, but i wanted it to expand the floor area allong the edge.

20230130193755_1.thumb.jpg.2834a3ee0dc2f73fc6425f7e22349cb7.jpg

27 minutes ago, Bramsv1lle said:

Dear survivors, i have an anoying problem, builing my platform around the edge of a rocky hill, seems that Ark thinks the gap is too small to put a ceiling in.
I'm using ''Builders Improvements'' mod, as well as ''Sructures Plus'' although this structure is not structures plus. The problem is also not foundation related, somehow it only says it can't place it there instead of ''obstructed'' error.
Can someone help to nice and neath solution? I already thought of placing fences around the gaps, but i wanted it to expand the floor area allong the edge.

20230130193755_1.thumb.jpg.2834a3ee0dc2f73fc6425f7e22349cb7.jpg

I dont know about the functionality of those mods you use. But my suggestion is you think before you build...
Try placing a blueprint of just thatch, so you can get a look at the posibilities and layout of the most important thing, the foundations...

-> Besides that, there is this thing with the "Cant place structure here" -> Try to JUMP across the red highlighted ceiling you are trying to place.
Hop around, walk around till you find an angle in which the game will actually let you place it. If its not possible, bad luck. Find a way to adjust your base at that specific spot, so that its functionality doesnt go to waste. Eg, build out 1 or 2 levels higher and make a balcony at that spot or something...

2 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

I dont know about the functionality of those mods you use. But my suggestion is you think before you build...
Try placing a blueprint of just thatch, so you can get a look at the posibilities and layout of the most important thing, the foundations...

-> Besides that, there is this thing with the "Cant place structure here" -> Try to JUMP across the red highlighted ceiling you are trying to place.
Hop around, walk around till you find an angle in which the game will actually let you place it. If its not possible, bad luck. Find a way to adjust your base at that specific spot, so that its functionality doesnt go to waste. Eg, build out 1 or 2 levels higher and make a balcony at that spot or something...

Hi, the jumping around and trying different angles i already tried, thanks for your tip though. I just wish that ARK would improve this building, so you can build more sleek, without the possibillity of running into these glitches, i mean building would be more fun if walls and ceilings could stick through ground even if it is for 70 or 90 percent in the ground...

19 minutes ago, Bramsv1lle said:

Hi, the jumping around and trying different angles i already tried, thanks for your tip though. I just wish that ARK would improve this building, so you can build more sleek, without the possibillity of running into these glitches, i mean building would be more fun if walls and ceilings could stick through ground even if it is for 70 or 90 percent in the ground...

If you're playing single-player or a non-dedicated server, then Grumpy gave the solution.

If you're playing on a dedicated server you need this entry in your Game.ini file.

bDisableStructurePlacementCollision=true

5 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

If you're playing single-player or a non-dedicated server, then Grumpy gave the solution.

If you're playing on a dedicated server you need this entry in your Game.ini file.

bDisableStructurePlacementCollision=true

Yes, i am playing single player, i'm sorry i didn't mention that. That did the trick!

2 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

There’s a setting to allow clipping.  Go to start up setting a and find it.

Its called 'Disable structure placement collision'  .  Its down towards the bottom of the list on the general tab when you are starting up your game.

Thank you Grumpy!!! That did the trick! It was called: ''Disable Structure Placement Collision''

Appearently i didn't read your complete comment, just read you already mentioned the setting when i wanted to reply you xD

3 hours ago, Bramsv1lle said:

Thank you Grumpy!!! That did the trick! It was called: ''Disable Structure Placement Collision''

Appearently i didn't read your complete comment, just read you already mentioned the setting when i wanted to reply you xD

I was at work, so I added that extra bit after I got back and looked it up in game.

Archived