are people on PvE allowed to build at every explorer note?

multicolorjet

someone has small 6-sided 2 wall high bases around every explorer note they can access on the map.  If they can't they create a jump pad to get to it I'm not certain, but I believe they are selling explorer note runs. they will find either gaps in pillars or if it's in your base (not covered at all just within your gates they will hassle you for ally or threaten reports

Generally speaking its pretty rude to cover over a note on PVE.  Building a base around one and leaving a way to reach is polite, but I don't think its mandatory.

" Blocking access to important resources (ie. charge nodes, Extinction City Terminals, Orbital supply crates on Extinction, Teleporters, Dispatchers, or Mission Terminals and etc) "

That is the only line in the CoC that comes close to talking about it.  As you can see, they didn't specifically spell out explorer notes.   But since there is an etc, I would assume that gives a GM room to make a judgement call.  But again, Joe knows his Ark, I wouldn't doubt his knowledge.

8 hours ago, multicolorjet said:

someone has small 6-sided 2 wall high bases around every explorer note they can access on the map.  If they can't they create a jump pad to get to it I'm not certain, but I believe they are selling explorer note runs. they will find either gaps in pillars or if it's in your base (not covered at all just within your gates they will hassle you for ally or threaten reports

As Joe and Grumpy have explained, this is legal. However, that doesn't prevent you from talking to other people on the server to see if this tribe is a well known problem. Becoming involved with the community (or more accurate communities, plural) on your PvE server can be a very useful way to get problems like this fixed. If you intend to stay on that PvE server for a long time then getting to know the bigger and most active tribes, in other words getting involved in the social "politics" of the server can be very helpful. It might be something as simple as talking to someone in that tribe and just asking them to let you in.

Selling note runs? Always wondered why more and more beds were springing up around notes. Like once you get the note you don't really need a base there lol. I think it should be illegal if it's clear they are doing real money transaction which if they put a base over every note, what the hell else are they doing? Rmts are against coc, combine that with blocking one of the etc...

55 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Selling note runs? Always wondered why more and more beds were springing up around notes. Like once you get the note you don't really need a base there lol. I think it should be illegal if it's clear they are doing real money transaction which if they put a base over every note, what the hell else are they doing? Rmts are against coc, combine that with blocking one of the etc...

you would need undeniable proof that it was an RMT service.  FOr all we know they could be trading in element dust, or thousands of tek ceilings for a run through a map.  Plus, there's a video out there explaining some of the seedier problems with ark, I'm just not going to share it here.  You can find it pretty easily if you look for it on reddit.

7 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Generally speaking its pretty rude to cover over a note on PVE.  Building a base around one and leaving a way to reach is polite, but I don't think its mandatory.

" Blocking access to important resources (ie. charge nodes, Extinction City Terminals, Orbital supply crates on Extinction, Teleporters, Dispatchers, or Mission Terminals and etc) "

That is the only line in the CoC that comes close to talking about it.  As you can see, they didn't specifically spell out explorer notes.   But since there is an etc, I would assume that gives a GM room to make a judgement call.  But again, Joe knows his Ark, I wouldn't doubt his knowledge.

There are so many explorer notes, dossiers, glitches etc. Its almost necessary to let people build ontop of them. If everyone has to take those in account, then there would be a lot less space to build properly... 
There are over a 100 explorer notes on almost every map...

PvE servers are generally highly crowded...

14 hours ago, multicolorjet said:

I wish them good luck trying to get money out of that...
My guess is they dont. If I would do a noterun, and I find it hard to get a note, im not going to spend time trying to contact those people, I just find another server. Besides that there are servers that I have in favorites that are perfect for noteruns. Just remember those. Some servers have people on them that do the actual opposite and facilitate for free a good note run. 

Archived