Community Crunch 346: Ragnarok on Nintendo Switch, Community Creature Voting, and More!

StudioWildcard

On 1/28/2023 at 1:15 AM, ladyteruki said:

May the best creature win ! Or best-ish.
(I'm hoping for no giant insects XD )

Imo ark is lacking in useful arthropods. We’ve got scores of useful mammals, reptiles, birds and fish, but the only arthropods of any notability that come to mind are the arthro, mantis, and karkinos, so it would be nice to get some more with utility beyond being trophy tames

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

It's generally agreed upon that most mod creatures remain just that: mod creatures. Unless wildcard is willing to shell out the cash to pay for the rights to use them it would basically be stealing the works of others for their profit. As far as your suggestion is concerned, it wasn't ever brought up in the vote, even if it were it would've been disqualified as it's not a real world prehistoric creature. The closest you'd have to it would be the haast eagle which while submitted received very little support.

There's plenty of mod creatures and maps already added to official Ark and the Giant Bison and Cheetah aren't prehistoric! Your entire argument point is void😂And yes I was talking about the Haast Eagle also called the Giant Eagle King and yes it's prehistoric. Google pre historic bird of prey and there it is. I would've voted for it.

Spoiler

giant_haasts_eagle_attacking_new_zealand_moa_web.jpg

Edited by Caligamer1
misspelling
  • Facepalm 1

19 hours ago, Caligamer1 said:

There's plenty of mod creatures and maps already added to official Ark and the Giant Bison and Cheetah aren't prehistoric! Your entire argument point is void😂And yes I was talking about the Haast Eagle also called the Giant Eagle King and yes it's prehistoric. Google pre historic bird of prey and there it is. I would've voted for it.

The key word there was "most". Things like crystal isles and crystal wyverns made it as official yes but on the other side of things you have the acro and deinosuchus whom, if memory serves, stayed mods because that was the wish of the mod maker when they were brought up for the very first vote. As to your other point:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bison_latifrons

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acinonyx_pardinensis

Yes, they were. Google is a powerful tool. If you wish to quibble about their names do keep in mind that the species names of the creatures of the ark do not line up 1 to 1 with real world counterparts (i.e. Tyrannosaurus dominium, Utah raptor prime, spinosaurus aquareliga) Regarding the haast eagle I've not heard that name used for it before. A cursory glance here: https://nzbirdsonline.org.nz/species/haasts-eagle 

lists common names. Regarding the maori, Pouakai translates to "old glutton" where as hōkioi (better know as Te Hōkioi) doesn't seem to have a translation that I've found and seems to function more akin to a name.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Dying huh.

image.png

Hard to believe in these numbers.
Servers (at least official one) are so empty, no players here, just ghost bases.
Yes, there are people.. logging in, walking around base not to decay, logging out.

Is this is a real player base? Or just confused players for whom it is a pity to leave the achievements of their Ark life to oblivion.

Empty numbers. without life. Of course, you can put on rose-colored glasses and pretend everything is ok. After all, for some people, masturbation is also sex.

• Facepalm 1

@Joebl0w13

Player base and social involvement is a bit dead, because how to explain only a lively discussion between a complainer and addictive facepalmer on the official website, and there are no masses of people literally eager to discuss spectacular ARK news.

And if there was a new map for Ark 1.... then I wouldn't complain, you would have peace, people would liven up.

Win - win scenario :)

• Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, GP said:

That's because forums are old school for chatting, you'll find a very different scenario over on the official ARK Discord.

Im at official Discord since the first day.
Do you think there are masses of people literally eager to discuss spectacular ARK news?
If you are mod there too, please make survey if politics of abandoning ARK1 and not feeding with ARK2 sneak peaks is the right choice. You will get answer.

• 1 month later...

The Ragnarok DLC for Nintendo switch is good and also the map is amazing but in the trailer it is sponsoring the Griffin, but yet it is not in the game also yesterday I was playing and I was looking for a wyvern egg for two hours just to find out that there is no wyvern eggs, nor or their nest in the game😢

Edited by Chuy240

• 2 months later...