wild rex getting shreddd by carno

sjskdjkfa

Did something change recently because I don't remember it being this frustrating and difficult. Basically what's going on is I've built my trap in the same spot but every time I go out looking for wild rex to kite into it, it dies like a minuet or two after I spot it because it agros on a wild carnotaurus and then two or three more appear and the carno pack just shreds the crap outa it like some kinda helacious meat grinder freak fest!!@#$%@%^! I've like actually tamed a few carnos instead because they are all that's left wandering the beaches lol :(

2 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Did something change recently because I don't remember it being this frustrating and difficult. Basically what's going on is I've built my trap in the same spot but every time I go out looking for wild rex to kite into it, it dies like a minuet or two after I spot it because it agros on a wild carnotaurus and then two or three more appear and the carno pack just shreds the crap outa it like some kinda helacious meat grinder freak fest!!@#$%@%^! I've like actually tamed a few carnos instead because they are all that's left wandering the beaches lol :(

its all about levels man. If those rex's lost to carno's, they was prolly only level 5 or 10.....or you got a bunch of near max level carno's.

Its allways funny to watch a lvl 5 rex trying to kill a couple mate boosted 130+ something trikes. They get wrecked so hard every time...

welp.. i got really really mad and went on a killing rampage killed dozens of dinos near that trap, expeciallly focused on killin carnos XD XD.. came back a few hours later. Spotted FIVE rex!! 😮 all engaged in battle!! No time to scope out i first tried to kill some stuff but quickly switched tacts and got a raft trap in there and scooped up a bloody rex and was able to sail away and the FIVE dinos agroed on it stayed at the island.

4 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

in which map and in which map position? Isn't there a Yuti stuck somewhere nearby?

Uhmm.. island, carno island. No yuti.

Another possible reason that rexes are getting wrecked by carnos is their bleed. It's nothing to scoff at, and a pack of good carnos can probably make short work of most alphas. Carno island is a very bad place to do anything apart from that cave. Dangerous animals are all over the place, and pretty much anything short of a super high level rex will get wrecked hard. Very bad idea to tame rexes there, try the southeast part of the map (near herbivore island). Rexes are rare there, but the land is flat and generally pretty safe. I saw a rex there a while back fighting a pair of stegos. I returned hardly a couple minutes later with tranqs and the thing was dead. Stegos are no joke. Anyways, it's a really good place to tame them in. Just kill the rex that's there if you don't want, and then rinse and repeat. You can easily just kite it around or build a trap there, there's literally nothing dangerous there apart from the raptor packs that roam there. I think I've seen a carno or two near that area, but not that many times.

Cheers, good luck taming rexes, and happy ARKing! Laters gators!

Archived