Issues With New Chat Filter

Muucow

6 hours ago, Muucow said:

so apparently this atrocious attempt at bad word filtering claims bigger you know the word for larger and big ger are bad words but it's quite perfectly fine to toss pretty much every cuss in the dictionary around wow just wow talk about tight tolerances

yeah, try to seperate the berries from the honey from a bears inventory by typeing the first two letters of honey in the search bar......can't do it, you can't say that, can't search that, can't name creatures things like that.

But then my mom names our first woolly mammoth "Wood for days".......Yes, it was a male XD

• Haha 1

Slowly but surely all words are getting narrowed down either for violations or just a bug. For instance. I can't type the word "raw" as a search to transfer items such as raw fish and raw meat or raw primes as well. Used to be able to. Can't as of today. Makes it difficult for quick transfers if you just got home from work and you're trying to load food for starving animals. Regardless of situation it still narrows down affective use of in game things only you can see. 

2 hours ago, Keyless1 said:

Slowly but surely all words are getting narrowed down either for violations or just a bug. For instance. I can't type the word "raw" as a search to transfer items such as raw fish and raw meat or raw primes as well. Used to be able to. Can't as of today. Makes it difficult for quick transfers if you just got home from work and you're trying to load food for starving animals. Regardless of situation it still narrows down affective use of in game things only you can see. 

I haven't been playing much (I'm bored of Ark), just been rendering in bases.  But if this is true and I can no longer sort by 'raw', this may be the straw.  This just made the game so very much harder.

3 hours ago, Keyless1 said:

have you just tried searching by aw?  I would think that's 1/3 less letters, and should be the same result.

• Like 1

Words like 10, could, for can't be used.

Now the word "he" is banned. 

How are we gonna chat referring to another male person? 

I can't even say "look for the obelisk" because the word look is banned.

There are more words banned that don't even resemble anything bad. 

Like blood which is part of the game like blood packs, blood wyvern. 

Cement is also a banned word. 

LOL ia banned but LMAO isn't. 

I'm getting frustrated cause I can't memorize all the banned words and I don't even know what the new banned words are. 

Are you guys making ark1 unpleasant for us to stop playing this? 

6 minutes ago, raxus said:

Words like 10, could, for can't be used.

Now the word "he" is banned. 

How are we gonna chat referring to another male person? 

I can't even say "look for the obelisk" because the word look is banned.

There are more words banned that don't even resemble anything bad. 

Like blood which is part of the game like blood packs, blood wyvern. 

Cement is also a banned word. 

LOL ia banned but LMAO isn't. 

I'm getting frustrated cause I can't memorize all the banned words and I don't even know what the new banned words are. 

Are you guys making ark1 unpleasant for us to stop playing this? 

I"m pretty sure WC has nothing to do with these new banned words.  You might want to bring it up with Microsoft.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Issues With New Chat Filter
11 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

I"m pretty sure WC has nothing to do with these new banned words.  You might want to bring it up with Microsoft.

I don't think it's Microsoft.  If it was, then I wouldn't be able to use every word (including the F bomb) in a MS chat.  It's only Ark that seems to have this radical of a filter.

6 minutes ago, NightSnake said:

I don't think it's Microsoft.  If it was, then I wouldn't be able to use every word (including the F bomb) in a MS chat.  It's only Ark that seems to have this radical of a filter.

then you all should be complaining to where you will get some sort of answer. 

https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us

In the upper right corner of the page, you click log in, then click on submit a request.  That will open an actual ticket to report a bug with the chat.  This will get you a more definitive answer than going here on the forums, where none of us have a view of the internal workings on this.

If someone did that, they could come back here and give us a run down on the wildcard response.  This will help us focus our energy in the right places.

Edited by GrumpyBear
  • Thanks 1