Have I lost everything?

Shalost

I was at my new base at Crystal Isles. I transfered my charachter to my Lost Island base to get some stuff.

A seconds after, the game crashed. I was trying to enter the game again for minutes, and when I finally enter, my base and all my stuff was not mine. It doesn't recognize me as the tribe leader.

How can I recover my base and all my stuff?

Please, help me.

1 hour ago, TerrorSenpai said:

did you also lose your inventory? I just had this happen to me and my inventory was full of all the tek i just got done farming over the last 3 days on gen 2 that i was taking back to my main server

this is why you don't shift an inventory over to gen2 until the moments after the server comes back up from a crash.  I also only download items out of data in the minutes before a save on gen2.  Reducing your exposure is the only thing you can do to protect yourself.  Move nothing to gen2 that you aren't willing to lose.

6 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

this is why you don't shift an inventory over to gen2 until the moments after the server comes back up from a crash.  I also only download items out of data in the minutes before a save on gen2.  Reducing your exposure is the only thing you can do to protect yourself.  Move nothing to gen2 that you aren't willing to lose.

I wasnt going to gen 2 i was leaving gen 2 and going to the island. The problem is after i succesfully logged into the island and spawned on my bed the server immediately crashed. and saying you dont shift an inventory until after the server comes back up from a crash? please do tell how you can predict a server crashing to know what to wait for

5 minutes ago, TerrorSenpai said:

I wasnt going to gen 2 i was leaving gen 2 and going to the island. The problem is after i succesfully logged into the island and spawned on my bed the server immediately crashed. and saying you dont shift an inventory until after the server comes back up from a crash? please do tell how you can predict a server crashing to know what to wait for

for genesis 2, its super easy.  Because they crash about 10x a day.  Half the times I try to log on, its down.  I just go to battlemetrics and check how long its been down, then try to get on after the average downtime has passed.

And you shoudl never shift a full inventory on a weekend evo event.  2x brings pain and suffering to the servers and they crash more often.  This makes predicting them a little easier.

SInce you transfered to the island, that is a very rare circumstance at this point in my experience.  When that happens on servers I transfer to, sometimes I think it could have been my fault.  Reasons I've thought that is I've noticed that when transfering a full inventory of ingots to a server, I forgot to make sure I didn't have more than 300 stacks.  The storages love to give you more than 300 stacks when you click that button to dump a full load into inventory.   Then there's the automatically generated skins and costumes that some people forget to turn off the auto spawn.  Between those 2 things happening - I'd bet it causes some servers to crash the moments we transfer in w/ more than we are supposed to have in our character files.

On 1/24/2023 at 9:31 PM, TerrorSenpai said:

did you also lose your inventory? I just had this happen to me and my inventory was full of all the tek i just got done farming over the last 3 days on gen 2 that i was taking back to my main server

Yes, I lost my inventory, but I'm happy because my character is alive😅

On 1/24/2023 at 5:17 PM, Shalost said:

I was at my new base at Crystal Isles. I transfered my charachter to my Lost Island base to get some stuff.

A seconds after, the game crashed. I was trying to enter the game again for minutes, and when I finally enter, my base and all my stuff was not mine. It doesn't recognize me as the tribe leader.

How can I recover my base and all my stuff?

Please, help me.

You lost everything when you bought Ark

Archived