Whistle Commands Not Working

brandon0335

Anyone ever ran into the issue with whistle commands not working on official with their character and maybe found a fix? I seem to have an issue where I can't whistle my dinos to go (passive, neutral, attack my target, etc). I have reset my keybinds, verified game files, died, transferred servers and everything seems to be working normal. It is my oldest character that I am having issues with and the other 3 characters do not have the same issue. Their whistle commands work fine.

• Volunteer Moderator
47 minutes ago, brandon0335 said:

Anyone ever ran into the issue with whistle commands not working on official with their character and maybe found a fix? I seem to have an issue where I can't whistle my dinos to go (passive, neutral, attack my target, etc). I have reset my keybinds, verified game files, died, transferred servers and everything seems to be working normal. It is my oldest character that I am having issues with and the other 3 characters do not have the same issue. Their whistle commands work fine.

Have you checked your uh... forgot the name. Dino grouping? You may be set to only whistle to certain dinos/dino classes...

Somebody will chime in with the right terminology.

2 hours ago, brandon0335 said:

thanks for the replies but that is not the issue as i never assign groups like that or ignore whistles. its with every dino i have and it doesn't matter what server i'm on

It's possible to accidentally select a whistle group, even if you've never assigned any dino's to any whistle groups. If you accidentally select an empty whistle group then you're guaranteed to not be able to whistle any dino's.

You'll need to go to your Tame Groups page and see if there is an "Active Group" number showing. If you see a number then you need to used your tame group keys to un-select so that you have no tame groups selected.

image.png.32441b335036e9679489829a70297968.png

image.png.73922e1fdd3b9c6c8f5a6d0a26b67b97.png

Edited by Pipinghot

On 1/23/2023 at 11:50 PM, brandon0335 said:

(by me, on XBox) using whistles: to set "attack your target" I have to use the "aggressive" whistle command, instead if I whistle the command "attack your target" nothing happens because it just doesn't work. i dont think thats your problem if with other characters it works for you but i would think you may have changed the key assignments for that character if you are using the keyboard but you said you already checked. but since when did this happen to you? always or from a recent crash of that character? Are you on XBox, Pc, PlayStstion? Have you tried reinstalling the game as well? (<-- some errors arise from some crashes suffered, reinstallation could solve them, other small errors persist on some objects simply because they are not automatically updated in some patch and from that moment they will always keep that defect and to solve it you simply have to rebuild/replace that 'object (counter saddles, kitchens, etc, for example) )

• 8 months later...
On 1/23/2023 at 5:50 PM, brandon0335 said:

I play on pc and what makes this happen for me is having an Xbox controller plugged in if your playing with a controller try unplugging it and deactivating game pad in pause tab then it'll work on your keyboard idk how to make it work with controller