Most annoying thing in ark

Mackiecool

14 hours ago, Mackiecool said:

Ummm I didn’t know Argies use their beak

use, but its got to be very tiny creatures....Otter, dodo, so forth so on. I suspect Jerboa would be one too.

13 hours ago, Noa said:

Im on Fjordur. In one ore spawning spot - crystals and obsidian few (bad word) players parked stryders . Now there are 3 parked there, So if you want to do with magama to collect crystals and obsidian is very hard to move between stryders legs - if not impossible. Now reading your post im getting an idea to lure wild diplos in that spot lol.

Would be a good idea, just make sure its within rules or blind eyes from all.

3 hours ago, wizard03 said:

use, but its got to be very tiny creatures....Otter, dodo, so forth so on. I suspect Jerboa would be one too.

Holy cow... I thought you were joking or mistaken but somehow I completely missed that particular TLC2 change which allowed argy's to pick up creatures in their beak waaaay back in 2018. I've been enjoying all the other stuff for years (health regen, smithy saddle, etc.) but overlooked the beak pickup all this time. Yikes!

23 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Holy cow... I thought you were joking or mistaken but somehow I completely missed that particular TLC2 change which allowed argy's to pick up creatures in their beak waaaay back in 2018. I've been enjoying all the other stuff for years (health regen, smithy saddle, etc.) but overlooked the beak pickup all this time. Yikes!

sad there's no events on officials, no easter dodos you can easily round up now... :(  But for unofficial servers, fun can still be had.

On 1/24/2023 at 2:36 PM, Errour said:

This new 2 second delay for transfers.

When there is a server save while you trying to land and dismount simultaneously, and after the server save you are rolled back to a higher altitude and ARK remembers you wanted to dismount, and you fall to your death.

These 2 things have become much more prominent in my recent experience.  I think that's especially telling considering I'm playing 1/6 as much as I have in the past.

I've even seen the game snap back after a kill I made, and the animal was alive again waiting to be eaten again.  I can't remember that sort of thing occurring in the past often.

1 hour ago, GrumpyBear said:

These 2 things have become much more prominent in my recent experience.  I think that's especially telling considering I'm playing 1/6 as much as I have in the past.

With the obvious caveat that each person's experience is different, my experience was that this was always common, even in the early days of Early Access, it's one of the things that drove me away from Official servers. Flying into walls, tames getting un-tamed, rubber-banding many yards at a time, and so on. So many crazy (and time wasting things) used to happen during server saves that we basically gave up on doing end-game content (when losses are especially expensive and painful) on the Official servers.

Archived