Most annoying thing in ark

Mackiecool

Ichtyornis it is sure to top anyone's charts.

But in my homebase the worst nightmare was.... DIPLODOCUS!!! .... my base has no closing walls from the first floor onwards, and still today it is the only animal that manages to find its way up the access ramps positioned in the water [actually it seems to spawn directly on the floor] and with immense sympathy he launches the animals positioned on that floor around, I completely paved the ground to eliminate any internal spawn, I closed the whole mound from which the Parasaurs were launched with thorns, I put a Yuti in Turret with Velona and Argi to follow (but the Diplo doesn't cause Agro because it doesn't cause damage), initially I couldn't put anyone in "aggressive" or even "X" plants because Titanosaur is also born between Redwood and the swamp so to prevent Titan from getting too close I just two solutions:

-raise side ramps along the whole floor and be able to put Yuti and plants "X" in "aggressive"

-or keep next to the ramps two teams of Dino "Titano's Killer"

.... and all only for >harmless< Diplodocus who enjoy throwing away my Gacha and Owls. (and not even the battle music that could warn at that moment, just because they do not cause damage....grrrrrrr!!!!)

4 minutes ago, CervantesMor said:

[actually it seems to spawn directly on the floor] and with immense sympathy he launches the animals positioned on that floor around, I completely paved the ground to eliminate any internal spawn,

Lots of times they just spawn in the air above, completely founding gets ignored if they spawn up high enough.

What I found most annoying last night was gliding around on a drake and constantly just falling with the drake not responding.  Darn game saves when you don't expect it lead you to a heart attack when you expect half its HP to disappear upon slamming into the ground or worse, the purple rivers in aberration's red zone.

21 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

21 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

Lots of times they just spawn in the air above, completely founding gets ignored if they spawn up high enough.

yes... and I also extended the roof of the top floor to cover that point (around I often see Titanos falling from the sky, soft and light like their size :D mhuhahahaha)

PS: the funniest thing is that I have the base in the middle of the most annoying creatures of the island being in the middle between Redwood (Pulrovia, Microraptor, TerrorBird, Raptor, Carnos, Spino, Tyla) and Swamp (Titanoboa, Sarco, Caprosuco, Barionix ) yet the only one I can't stand anymore is the one that can't even hurt you... mhuhahahahaha

9 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

To jump the gun on (sorry dude) @Joebl0w13 .... 
The "Time out Boss"

Mine's worse....."could not retrive address". Its because our internet is fed by a hotspot device, the ONLY solution for us out here in the sticks...Not allowed to play on ark, even though I can play on PUBG, WoT, Dayz, and every other online game. x.x

In addition to what has been listed here:

This new 2 second delay for transfers.

When there is a server save while you trying to land and dismount simultaneously, and after the server save you are rolled back to a higher altitude and ARK remembers you wanted to dismount, and you fall to your death.

Server crashes after transfers and losing your inventory.

The fact that you can't "top off" a stack in then inventory of a player, dino, or container that is at max slot count (black-weighted).

Just to name a few.

5 minutes ago, Errour said:

In addition to what has been listed here:

This new 2 second delay for transfers.

When there is a server save while you trying to land and dismount simultaneously, and after the server save you are rolled back to a higher altitude and ARK remembers you wanted to dismount, and you fall to your death.

Server crashes after transfers and losing your inventory.

The fact that you can't "top off" a stack in then inventory of a player, dino, or container that is at max slot count (black-weighted).

Just to name a few.

That happened to me I lost dinos and gear that was very good.

2 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

Another country chap? Yay (not technically a country chap, since I live in a medium sized town, but I was born to a farming family)!

yeah, we got just as many horse n buggy going by the house as trucks n cars. Allthough I think one amish is technically cheating. He goes by on his tractor all the time.....ALLLLLL the time XD

21 minutes ago, Griffin998 said:

Otter taming? Interesting. Why otters specifically? Wouldn't Icthyornis be more annoying?

I don't mean comparing otter taming to ichthyornis taming, I mean comparing otter taming to the existence of ichthyornis (since so many people complain about the existence of ichthyornis, pegomastax and microraptor). I would rather deal with ichthyornis stealing my stuff fifty times than taming an otter even once. Having ichthy's and pego's stealing your stuff requires nothing more than situational awareness, whereas running around with the fish constantly getting in your way, making it hard to time the pressing of the button to feed it fish is a painful and poorly executed game mechanic.

1 minute ago, Pipinghot said:

I don't mean comparing otter taming to ichthyornis taming, I mean comparing otter taming to the existence of ichthyornis (since so many people complain about the existence of ichthyornis, pegomastax and microraptor). I would rather deal with ichthyornis stealing my stuff fifty times than taming an otter even once. Having ichthy's and pego's stealing your stuff requires nothing more than situational awareness, whereas running around with the fish constantly getting in your way, making it hard to time the pressing of the button to feed it fish is a painful and poorly executed game mechanic.

Good point. I once tamed an otter on mobile, and it wasn't that bad, apart from the two spinos on the other side of the river constantly giving me anxiety. By the way, the safari hat is adorable on otters.

On 1/25/2023 at 2:35 AM, Pipinghot said:

I find otter taming much more annoying than pegomastax, ichthyornis and microraptors combined.

Pick it up in  an argies beak.....otter doesn't move, you have to look up at it to feed it the fish, so gravity pulls the fish out of line of sight, and you can dismount argy wth argy still holding otter in beak.

1 hour ago, wizard03 said:

Pick it up in  an argies beak.....otter doesn't move, you have to look up at it to feed it the fish, so gravity pulls the fish out of line of sight, and you can dismount argy wth argy still holding otter in beak.

Yup, that's the workaround (assuming you're not solo and you're on a map with flyers) but the mechanic itself is still poorly executed. Ichthy/pego/micro, on the other hand, work as intended.

Mind you, this is a subjective thread, you may not be annoyed by the same things I am. As this is a thread about personal preferences, regardless of workarounds I still find the otter taming more annoying.

On 1/23/2023 at 6:35 PM, CervantesMor said:

Ichtyornis it is sure to top anyone's charts.

But in my homebase the worst nightmare was.... DIPLODOCUS!!! .... my base has no closing walls from the first floor onwards, and still today it is the only animal that manages to find its way up the access ramps positioned in the water [actually it seems to spawn directly on the floor] and with immense sympathy he launches the animals positioned on that floor around, I completely paved the ground to eliminate any internal spawn, I closed the whole mound from which the Parasaurs were launched with thorns, I put a Yuti in Turret with Velona and Argi to follow (but the Diplo doesn't cause Agro because it doesn't cause damage), initially I couldn't put anyone in "aggressive" or even "X" plants because Titanosaur is also born between Redwood and the swamp so to prevent Titan from getting too close I just two solutions:

-raise side ramps along the whole floor and be able to put Yuti and plants "X" in "aggressive"

-or keep next to the ramps two teams of Dino "Titano's Killer"

.... and all only for >harmless< Diplodocus who enjoy throwing away my Gacha and Owls. (and not even the battle music that could warn at that moment, just because they do not cause damage....grrrrrrr!!!!)

Im on Fjordur.

In one ore spawning spot - crystals and obsidian few (bad word) players parked stryders . Now there are 3 parked there, So if you want to do with magama to collect crystals and obsidian is very hard to move between stryders legs - if not impossible.

Now reading your post im getting an idea to lure wild diplos in that spot lol.

Archived