Panthera Atrox - The largest feline of all time is here!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, EMI0410 said:

One question, I'm looking at the list and a blue circle appears next to the candidates, but the phantera gives me a star, what does the star mean?

While not being 100% sure. I think the star is on a thread you have posted in. The circle, you haven't. 

I could be wrong.

It's happened before.

4 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

While not being 100% sure. I think the star is on a thread you have posted in. The circle, you haven't. 

I could be wrong.

It's happened before.

I'm really new to these forums but I think I can confirm this to be correct.

The only threads I see with stars next to them are threads I have definitely posted in, as well as the one thread I started which was my creature submission.

No others have stars for me.

On 1/25/2023 at 10:43 AM, arilion said:

Don't you know that this feline can become the shadowmane's counter?

Don't you know that making it the counter to a single creature doesn't automatically make it worth a vote? Seriously, hanging onto the "but it counter shadowmane" argument is tired. It won't change the fact that by and large it's the most boring of the final contenders.

On 1/25/2023 at 6:47 AM, predator97427 said:

Yeah this lion is boring and uninteresting just like the damn goat and bison(but at least they didn't cheat). I can't actually believe people are ok to waste Ark's last creature with this streamer's useless Idea. If it makes it way to the game and not one of the great suggestion of this vote like the Beetle, Gorgonopsid, Nothosaur or Rynognatha it's an absolute scandal. You can ask your 800K subscribers to vote for your suggestion if it's good and your subscribers care about the future of Ark, but come on this creature is useless, required like 10minutes to elaborate, has a basic design and NOTHING special and NONE of your fcking spanish subscribers care about ARK. This creature was just made to fullfill the author's need or recognition so do not waste the Ark's last creature and don't vote for the big useless cat, vote for something truly unique with a better design, there are plenty of them !

The bison and goat offered some rather nice pve aspects to them that made them a palette cleanser of sorts after multiple pvp creatures getting in. That aside I really don't want to point this out but I've seen it mentioned enough now that I gotta ask: Why is it always the Spanish community that gets caught up in the scandals with outside/streamer influence? Make no mistake I've seen other communities here in the same boat but to my memory none of them ever got as raucous or at least had a passing interest in the game.

3 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

That aside I really don't want to point this out but I've seen it mentioned enough now that I gotta ask: Why is it always the Spanish community that gets caught up in the scandals with outside/streamer influence? Make no mistake I've seen other communities here in the same boat but to my memory none of them ever got as raucous or at least had a passing interest in the game.

Well, in Spain there's this weird, comical, amusing "streamer culture" even we latin americans laugh about:

Young people idolize streamers, and with 21 spanish speaking countries, it makes them truly popular amongst the young and teens around the world. However, being these glorified public figures they are, it escalates to the point of mob mentality, and having thousands of eager teenagers willing to do what you suggest without taking accountability for it... is not precisely the best possible thing to have.

This is a really good example of what I said in action. Someone suggested the submission, the streamer got involved, and the sheeps just followed the flock. Next thing that we knew was that in record time this submission made it up to the top10, then there was the outburst of the community calling her out for rigging the vote, then the streamer felt entitled and made a "we" (spanish speakers) vs "them" (anyone else) statement and the ruckus just kept going.

But anyway, who cares about the xenophobia involved into this drama? who cares about the Ark community's identity? Who cares about non-written etiquette? In the end, the only thing that matter is votes. Right?

6 hours ago, vageera said:

Well, in Spain there's this weird, comical, amusing "streamer culture" even we latin americans laugh about:

Young people idolize streamers, and with 21 spanish speaking countries, it makes them truly popular amongst the young and teens around the world. However, being these glorified public figures they are, it escalates to the point of mob mentality, and having thousands of eager teenagers willing to do what you suggest without taking accountability for it... is not precisely the best possible thing to have.

This is a really good example of what I said in action. Someone suggested the submission, the streamer got involved, and the sheeps just followed the flock. Next thing that we knew was that in record time this submission made it up to the top10, then there was the outburst of the community calling her out for rigging the vote, then the streamer felt entitled and made a "we" (spanish speakers) vs "them" (anyone else) statement and the ruckus just kept going.

But anyway, who cares about the xenophobia involved into this drama? who cares about the Ark community's identity? Who cares about non-written etiquette? In the end, the only thing that matter is votes. Right?

I suppose you're right that in the end the votes are what matters, but now that you've brought up the we v. them statement I can't help but feel like things will only get worse unless that sort of mentality gets curbed.

I suggest with all the creature submissions that have a grapple, that the grapple be similar to a net gun. So The creature can do a short lunge to activate the grapple, and it will do the initial melee damage of the bite, but the damage stops there, unless more melee inputs are added by the rider. But after the grapple, the rider can dismount, and either attack, or tranquilize the victim. Maybe make the grapple only last as long as there is stamina, and maybe make the grappled creature unable to attack if only grappled, but do thrash damage if more melee inputs are added by the rider. This would be nice to use as an alternative to the net gun, and make it fun to hunt wyverns for crystal/milk by plucking them out of the sky, stopping a yuty from fearing you away if you have good timing, catching a maewing before it runs, or just simply having a really nice taming buddy... if you do not accidentally shoot your buddy in the face while it holds your prey.

3 hours ago, BlakeEIves said:

I suggest with all the creature submissions that have a grapple, that the grapple be similar to a net gun. So The creature can do a short lunge to activate the grapple, and it will do the initial melee damage of the bite, but the damage stops there, unless more melee inputs are added by the rider. But after the grapple, the rider can dismount, and either attack, or tranquilize the victim. Maybe make the grapple only last as long as there is stamina, and maybe make the grappled creature unable to attack if only grappled, but do thrash damage if more melee inputs are added by the rider. This would be nice to use as an alternative to the net gun, and make it fun to hunt wyverns for crystal/milk by plucking them out of the sky, stopping a yuty from fearing you away if you have good timing, catching a maewing before it runs, or just simply having a really nice taming buddy... if you do not accidentally shoot your buddy in the face while it holds your prey.

I love this I idea. 

Damn this blew up more than expected 😅 shame about the controversy surrounding the submission though! 

4 hours ago, BlakeEIves said:

Oh this is cooool I like the idea of a creature that acts like a net gun 😁

2 hours ago, katann77573 said:

More I see about this cat the more I  hope it wins, but I hope one of the mammals gets to be in game, we need more mammals especially useful ones like the cats, goat or the bison. Good luck.

I feel like we need good arthropods a lot more since no one uses any of them except the mantis and the karkinos. Plus the previous 2 creature vote winners have also been mammals.

4 hours ago, katann77573 said:

More I see about this cat the more I  hope it wins, but I hope one of the mammals gets to be in game, we need more mammals especially useful ones like the cats, goat or the bison. Good luck.

Funny thing is, I tend to think that about so many creatures in ARK that I just end up coming to the conclusion that I just want everything in ARK XD

If I really have to pick my top two though it's going to have to be Bugs and Water Creatures that I really want to see more of in ARK.
Mammals certainly are up there too but Bugs and Swimmers are a bit higher for me.

1 hour ago, Kingkestrel373 said:

I feel like we need good arthropods a lot more since no one uses any of them except the mantis and the karkinos. Plus the previous 2 creature vote winners have also been mammals.

Agreed.

I don't really use it often but I have bred up some Arthropluera.

It's not always about the "best" creatures for me, a lot of the things I bred in ARK I do so because I just like them. ^^

First thing I ever bred to max stats in fact was Terror Birds.
I literally made a Terror Bird Chocobo army hahaha

Obsidian.jpg

es bueno pero su tameo es mas peligroso que el de un Shadowmane que es mas util, también ahi que tomar en cuenta que todos le bajan a la calidad de imagen para ver mejor a los jugadores y dinos en pvp por lo que es facil remplazarlo, aparte el shadowmane lo puedes conseguir gratuitamente en Fjordur Asgard y solo ocuparias el transmisor tek para transportarlo a otro ark sin problemas aparte esos leones no tienen tan buenas habilidades que un shadowmane que es una gran criatura para pvp

It's good but its tameo is more dangerous than that of a Shadowmane that is more useful, also there to take into account that everyone lowers the image quality to see the players better and tell us in pvp so it's easy to replace it, apart from the shadowmane you can get it for free in Fjordur Asgard and you would only occupy the te

Archived