Fantasy creatures or not?

Mackiecool

I also want to know this. If you mean fantasy as mythological creatures I suppose we could get them in DLC. But also thought that fantasy creatures could include alien creatures (shadowmane, astrodelphis, etc...). We saw that chamaleon on the trailer, so I think we might get new alien creatures on the base game and DLC cycle of ARK 2.

Would love to hear everyones opinion on this :)

19 minutes ago, Theismarius said:

I also want to know this. If you mean fantasy as mythological creatures I suppose we could get them in DLC. But also thought that fantasy creatures could include alien creatures (shadowmane, astrodelphis, etc...). We saw that chamaleon on the trailer, so I think we might get new alien creatures on the base game and DLC cycle of ARK 2.

Would love to hear everyones opinion on this :)

Yeah, that's why i wondered because isn't it supposed to be primitive.

9 minutes ago, 1david25 said:

Taking a guess but even primitive themes could have fantasy creatures in them. It's a reasonable guess. But maybe untamable? Guess we will have to wait and see! So exciting. 

Yeah, I know feel like wildcard is going to make it good because the time and effort they are putting into it.

Has to be good.

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty sure, they'll add fantasy creatures sooner or later.
But even that I'm a massive fantasy fan, I would absolutely leave out fantasy creatures from ARK 2 (or have a separate map for them). Why? There are hundreds or even thousands of (fantasy) games where I can meet or even tame/acquire typical fantasy creatures, but there are a lot-lot less games focusing on prehistoric animals. 

If im not mistaken the Genesis Ship is wrecked on the new world we'll be on in ARK 2 so at the very least I expect to see fictional creatures or evolved forms of them from that ship like R-Reapers very much alive in ARK 2 somewhere.

Though honestly im far more curious to know how creatures that we never did see officially in ARK 1 have come into existence in ARK 2 like the confirmed Brachy.

8 hours ago, Teratus said:

If im not mistaken the Genesis Ship is wrecked on the new world we'll be on in ARK 2 so at the very least I expect to see fictional creatures or evolved forms of them from that ship like R-Reapers very much alive in ARK 2 somewhere.

Though honestly im far more curious to know how creatures that we never did see officially in ARK 1 have come into existence in ARK 2 like the confirmed Brachy.

the ship along with the rockwell ring are gone exploded the eden ring is the only thing left.

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect there will be a few. IIRC the world the ship crashed on already had life on it, so it would only make sense that there would be fantastical creatures that were already living there. Even if taming them, at least initially, is exclusive to the locals.

On 2/22/2023 at 4:37 PM, Teratus said:

My theory is that they (The Ark/Genesis Project) had generated considerably more creatures than we had seen in the various ARKs, and the means to create them was on the Genesis ship. However, they weren't seen as nessissary to maintaining the biosphere in the Eden Ring, which is why we never saw them, but the ship crashing caused a malfunction that started spitting out newly-birthed creatures at random, including ones that hadn't be on the Genesis ship beforehand.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2023 at 9:14 PM, Foefaller said:

I suspect there will be a few. IIRC the world the ship crashed on already had life on it, so it would only make sense that there would be fantastical creatures that were already living there. Even if taming them, at least initially, is exclusive to the locals.

My theory is that they (The Ark/Genesis Project) had generated considerably more creatures than we had seen in the various ARKs, and the means to create them was on the Genesis ship. However, they weren't seen as nessissary to maintaining the biosphere in the Eden Ring, which is why we never saw them, but the ship crashing caused a malfunction that started spitting out newly-birthed creatures at random, including ones that hadn't be on the Genesis ship beforehand.

That would be soo cool, hope something like that happens, or even the native species of the planet.

Archived