Mackiecool

Which one is really the King of ark  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What's better carch, giga or reaper. Leave how and why in the comments

• Reaper
    • Carcharodontosaurus
    • Giga

37 minutes ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

i know the giga is terrible at traversing that is why i said the carchar is better also there is a trick you can do with the carchar to get full 100

Maybe also remember if they were tamed you could mutate the carchar you cant with a reaper but in the wild a reaper would put on a good fight, but the poor giga back then if you tamed any level giga you were the alpha now it just sits thereSad Loneliness GIF by Angry Birds

On 1/22/2023 at 3:24 AM, Mackiecool said:

Vote for Which one you think is the king of the ark world make sure you say how and why but in my opinion Reaper wins 

I do not see thylo, titano, or wyvern....granted, I know the power of a giga, a titano, and a wyvern. However, the thylo is a mid level tame while the rest of them are all high to end level tames and today I killed a charco with a "ok" imprinted thylo. 5K health, 600% melee, default SP settings. Honestly, not too impressed with em.

24 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

I do not see thylo, titano, or wyvern....granted, I know the power of a giga, a titano, and a wyvern. However, the thylo is a mid level tame while the rest of them are all high to end level tames and today I killed a charco with a "ok" imprinted thylo. 5K health, 600% melee, default SP settings. Honestly, not too impressed with em.

i see what you mean i killed a titanosaur with a super terrible thyla its bleed is op (dont tell wildcard or they will nerf it)

17 hours ago, Mackiecool said:

i see what you mean i killed a titanosaur with a super terrible thyla its bleed is op (dont tell wildcard or they will nerf it)

I think they left it in on purpose, just to give bobs a hope.....Its not too tanky like a steggo, so if you get cornered by a giga you are very in trouble. And their damage output is on par with an argy, but they got the ability to cause a fight to end over a deal of time. Long enough for cryo sickness to end during a scuffle. And lastly, you can't bring them into the boss arena. So no cheesing boss's by sending one of them in at a time to drain boss HP.

In the end, the bleed and speed of a thylo truely is no joke, but you gotta have your wits about you. Can't just go face hug everything, or else you will be the one who looses.

1 hour ago, wizard03 said:

I think they left it in on purpose, just to give bobs a hope.....Its not too tanky like a steggo, so if you get cornered by a giga you are very in trouble. And their damage output is on par with an argy, but they got the ability to cause a fight to end over a deal of time. Long enough for cryo sickness to end during a scuffle. And lastly, you can't bring them into the boss arena. So no cheesing boss's by sending one of them in at a time to drain boss HP.

In the end, the bleed and speed of a thylo truely is no joke, but you gotta have your wits about you. Can't just go face hug everything, or else you will be the one who looses.

Yeah I agree but You could use it on the broodmother in Val but I don’t think it would work. 

11 hours ago, Mackiecool said:

Yeah I agree but You could use it on the broodmother in Val but I don’t think it would work. 

Unsure, never tried it, but if its like the mini boss's in Fjordur, its possible if you got a small army or a hyper mutated thylo with nothing but health bumps.
Im ever so slightly tempted to do a 50-70k health thylo with  an ascendent saddle for those types of fights........every fight would be over in 20 bites or so. 

With that said, Iv seen some imformation that the effect doesn't work on boss's, so may not be viable anyhow.

Hmm...out of the three choices I'm going to go giga but not because of its damage or combat capabilities. I think being a king means making a statement and/or presence...what dino makes a better statement than the towering giganotosaurus? 

All that being said everyone knows the true king of the Ark is your good old fashioned t-rex! Nothing will ever come close to this iconic beast. It's the face of not this game, but the entire Jurassic timeline! 

On 1/24/2023 at 11:37 PM, wizard03 said:

With that said, Iv seen some imformation that the effect doesn't work on boss's, so may not be viable anyhow.

Thyla bleed doesn't work on bosses. Deinons are the only creatures that do bleed to bosses. Also, a carchar and a giga both max melee and health battling against each other-giga will crush the carchar. But with 100 bloodrage, carchar sends giga corpse into the air, no problem. Their obscene healing rates as well make them crazy for prolonged battles, as does their "shredded" debuff. Their aoe is actually a lot better than the giga, because tail spin go brrrr. And, carchars have better animations and a better model, and are just better at traversing than gigas. Gigas have next to no stamina, but the carch as somewhat higher stam and much higher speed with the kill rage effect. Gigas and carchars will both easily crush reapers in terms of raw damage output, but the reaper's tankiness is incredible impressive. 75% damage reduction is obscene. And you can take reapers into boss fights, from what I remember. And the reaper just looks so goddamn cool it's not even a competition. The reaper even does damage when it dies! And yeah, thylas are not to be underestimated. Max melee and health thylas exist. Just one can probably take on the broodmother, no sweat.

Cheers, have a great day, and happy ARKing! Laters gators!

Archived