What are your new structure ideas

Mackiecool

I'd like to see a Large Ceiling.  It would be a 2x2 ceiling structure, and its placement requirements would be the same as a Giant Hatchframe.  They would be available in Wood, Stone, Metal, Adobe, and Tek variants.  Since this would only count as one structure, it would be immensely helpful in building large builds.

• Like 3

1.yes for biger structures. everyone who plays ark knows how slow it is to load larger bases, which mostly consist of a thousand + pieces. all this causes the base to load slowly, and base laging your game. biger structures could optimize the base render/loading.
medium and big version for basic structures aka, foundations, walls, ceilings, pillars,roofs.
small structure = classic 1x1
medium = 2x2 for pillar 2x long
big = 4x4, 2x4 for pillar 4x long

2. beter glass structures. glass now is useles. decay time, and glass hp. maybe tek glass version?  
3. tek version Refrigerator with 100+ inventory and snaping more Refrigerators. 
4.snaping system for container structures,aka vaults,refrigenators, (best is activate and deactivate snapping wits some key.)
5. repair througs. many time after death all throughs in base  have activate visual indicator. and you must go relog for repair this bug
6. repair small gate snapping, (if you snap 10+- gates and you destroy one on end or start, all other destroy to. why?)
7. make paintable all structures  🙂

i still wait for promised structure tlc

Edited by tomlutom
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, tomlutom said:

1.yes for biger structures. everyone who plays ark knows how slow it is to load larger bases, which mostly consist of a thousand + pieces. all this causes the base to load slowly, and base laging your game. biger structures could optimize the base render/loading.
medium and big version for basic structures aka, foundations, walls, ceilings, pillars,roofs.
small structure = classic 1x1
medium = 2x2 for pillar 2x long
big = 4x4, 2x4 for pillar 4x long

2. beter glass structures. glass now is useles. decay time, and glass hp. maybe tek glass version?  
3. tek version Refrigerator with 100+ inventory and snaping more Refrigerators. 
4.snaping system for container structures,aka vaults,refrigenators, (best is activate and deactivate snapping wits some key.)
5. repair througs. many time after death all throughs in base  have activate visual indicator. and you must go relog for repair this bug
6. repair small gate snapping, (if you snap 10+- gates and you destroy one on end or start, all other destroy to. why?)
7. make paintable all structures  🙂

i still wait for promised structure tlc

Sounds good

I would like to see an industrial jerky maker, since in vanilla Ark there is no way to speed up jerky making aside from running a bunch of preserving bins in parallel, and that looks out of place next to fridges, industrial grills & cookers. I would also like to see a gate that is midway between the behemouth and standard dino gate sizes; would be nice for rexes & spinos.  Armored glass & tek glass would be nice as well; make the armoured glass be on par with stone structures, and tek glass with metal ones.  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Dreadcthulhu said:

I would like to see an industrial jerky maker, since in vanilla Ark there is no way to speed up jerky making aside from running a bunch of preserving bins in parallel, and that looks out of place next to fridges, industrial grills & cookers. I would also like to see a gate that is midway between the behemouth and standard dino gate sizes; would be nice for rexes & spinos.  Armored glass & tek glass would be nice as well; make the armoured glass be on par with stone structures, and tek glass with metal ones.  

I second this idea, Set me up with an electric smoker from Home Depot please!!!!   Or even better, make it like a glass box we can put meat in it and watch it age.   I paid good money at a restaurant in vegas for some shriveled up steak.  2 for one; all glass smoker chamber so I can RP being Salt Bae AND it doesn't require me to babysit 50 preserve bins.

Edited by GrumpyBear

I thing that’s a great idea I don’t use jerky cause it takes forever.

14 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

I second this idea, Set me up with an electric smoker from Home Depot please!!!!   Or even better, make it like a glass box we can put meat in it and watch it age.   I paid good money at a restaurant in vegas for some shriveled up steak.  2 for one; all glass smoker chamber so I can RP being Salt Bae AND it doesn't require me to babysit 50 preserve bins.

Some kind of device that could monitor, control and enhance the breeding of non-egg laying creatures.
Why only have boosts for eggs, with the eggcubator you dont even have to be right on time to claim the babies. Keeps breeding mammals too hard in comparison :/

Maybe some kind of device that picks up nearby born babies and just cryos them in some kind of way, still unclaimed.

Edited by SunsetErosion

15 minutes ago, SunsetErosion said:

Some kind of device that could monitor, control and enhance the breeding of non-egg laying creatures.

@Joebl0w13shared a tip not so long ago around leaving an "unclaimed" MaeWing in your hatch / baby area. That will keep unclaimed babies alive until they are claimed. its a good tip! (clearly you need to stuff it with food and turn on nursing before you unclaim it)

Edited by DirkInSA
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, DirkInSA said:

@Joebl0w13shared a tip not so long ago around leaving an "unclaimed" MaeWing in your hatch / baby area. That will keep unclaimed babies alive until they are claimed. its a good tip! (clearly you need to stuff it with food and turn on nursing before you unclaim it)

So you are saying that if you leave an unclaimed maewing of "yours" at a site where the mammal babies will be born, it will feed the unclaimed babies? Even when there is no "faction" at all registered for those just popped babies? Hmm never realized that. Even though its not perfect, its a good workaround if thats true...

How long do unclaimed creatures (maewing/babies) stay on the server before they despawn? I always thought they would despawn as soon as they are out of render but I know thats not true. Though I dont know the facts about it eitherway...

Best would be a device though that actually picks them up/cryos them...

7 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

So you are saying that if you leave an unclaimed maewing of "yours" at a site where the mammal babies will be born, it will feed the unclaimed babies? Even when there is no "faction" at all registered for those just popped babies? Hmm never realized that. Even though its not perfect, its a good workaround if thats true...

How long do unclaimed creatures (maewing/babies) stay on the server before they despawn? I always thought they would despawn as soon as they are out of render but I know thats not true. Though I dont know the facts about it eitherway...

Best would be a device though that actually picks them up/cryos them...

Since the unclaimed babies are not in a tribe, and the unclaimed maewing is not in a tribe - they end up both being in the same tribe.  This allows the unclaimed maewing to feed the babies who haven't been claimed.  I've had babies raise to full adult this way on events before I even claimed them.  My assumption would be they would all disappear in 8 days after unclaiming, since that is the blanking point for a tribe's dinos that are out and unvisited.

That would be pretty extreme case, and it would defeat the purposes of doing so.  THe food would spoil long before then and you would end up with the babies all dead if you waited 7 days.  This is an overnight, or under 20 hrs kind of solution.

I leave unclaimed dinos lying around maps all the time.  They definitely last through not being rendered.  They can't be attacked or killed by anything on pve.  Just the blankasaurus after 8 days.

Edited by GrumpyBear
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Giant Tek Hatchframe / Trapdoor - Very much needed, really wish it could become a thing before ASE shuts down please! :)

Tek Glass -  Perhaps one large glass pane (similar to Tek vacuum compartment), except smaller border. Also a bit more clear than greenhouse glass, and one-way only (can see out, but not in, perhaps toggleable)! :)

Tek Refrigerator - As suggested by someone else above, and perhaps can snap together with additional ones (like dedi boxes can).

Edited by Mike585x
  • Like 2