PvP On The Island

Logan96

On 1/21/2023 at 4:34 AM, Logan96 said:

My game plan for the island is to play as though I am going to get wiped literally every single day. The plan is to make a crafting/kibble production raft and immediately after that make stuff for a second one but upload it. After that I'll tame duplicates of the starter dinos...for me that is argy, anky, frog, doed, beaver...those go straight to upload. It will be a pain to pull them out and refresh upload each night, but I'm confident that with a duplicate set I can recover everything mentioned within two hours even if fully wiped...

Thats the starter plan at least. Getting my rex lines and water mounts going for the caves/bosses is where things are going to get tricky. 

Yes, if you play every day, the best suggest is to upload on Ark's data the very important object and your character.. but you know that this is very very complicated!!! You seems expert on Ark, GOOD LUCK BOY :)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CervantesMor said:

Yes, if you play every day, the best suggest is to upload on Ark's data the very important object and your character.. but you know that this is very very complicated!!! You seems expert on Ark, GOOD LUCK BOY :)

Thanks man, even if failure is the result it has already been a hell of a run. really enjoyed the second day. On a mission, to beat this these maps, LETS GO!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DirkInSA said:

You make me jealous!!!! But between work pressure and South African "load shedding" or electric supply brown outs for up to 10 hours in a day - I just can't see myself going there :(

Yeah that's hard. Im hoping Ark 2 will have a refined offline raid protection mode. It use to be my favorite mode and let you still have a life, but everyone started building in the caves and obelisks. Couldn't make progress after that.  

13 hours ago, Logan96 said:

really enjoyed the second day.

Dear Diary, Day 1: Really looking forward to this challenge.

Dear Diary, Day 2: Woohoo! this is so exciting.

Dear Diary, Day 5: Ok, I've settled into my daily groove, looks like this will go according to plan.

Dear Diary, Day 12: Wow these people are good at finding my base and wrecking my stuff. 12 wipes in 12 days.

Dear Diary, Day 18: Why? WildCard, why on God's green earth did you add detection radar to parasaurs?!? Why do you hate me so much?

Dear Diary, Day 35: So.    Many.    Jerks.   They.   Must.   All.   Die.   In.   A.   Fire.

Dear Diary, Day 112: So tired. Can't focus at work. I'm dreaming in 1920x1080 resolution.

Dear Diary, Day 135: When was the last time I ate? Do I still have a job? Why does my family look at me like they're afraid I'll eat their brains?

Dear Diary, Day 157: I should have chosen an easier quest, like maybe bring peace to the Middle East, or curing cancer.

Dear Diary, Day 181: Speaking of cancer, *#@)$@$&%!(@# parasaur radar. Oh my %*#@#(@#($ god.

Dear Diary, Day 203: I think I just met Helena in real life. At the grocery store. In the produce section. I don't know why I was surprised that asparagus is her favorite vegatable.

Dear Diary, Day 228: What is reality? Are we all just sentient programs? Has my mind permanently entered the ARK metaverse? Earth is just a dream...

• Haha 3

Week 1 Update

After my last progress post I made the decision to risk one night with all my tames and gear stored in the same location. After all it was only day 2 and nobody knew of my presence so far. What a mistake that was...woke up the following morning with everything destroyed, although not to a player, but a glitch. Looks like I built too close to a border and got everything erased...oops! 

Spent the next few sleep deprived nights and mornings before work trying to double time it and catch up.  Despite not having a base anymore I actually have been pretty successful living out of raided bases and using the scraps left behind to recuperate. Despite the overall success it was a pretty hard recovery, with multiple setbacks along the way, but I'm pretty determined to see this through.

By the weeks end I have made my recovery and am back on track to pursue the veggie cake production. Then I can finally start pushing the PvE goals. 

20230128233823_1.thumb.jpg.7b17c9181a2933ba7ba4b58ef8dda0f5.jpg

24 minutes ago, Logan96 said:

with everything destroyed, although not to a player, but a glitch. Looks like I built too close to a border and got everything erased...oops! 

Noooooo - that ain't good!

30 minutes ago, Logan96 said:

Then I can finally start pushing the PvE goals. 

But you are proceeding. Well done!

• Like 1

Week 1 Update (Part 2)

Slight change of plans, as I was scouting for some ovis this morning I came across a megatherium, level 115! Used my bear to honey tame it and it came out decent...level 165 with 5k health. Now I was ready to take on the swamp cave, standing at just level 81 myself, It seemed like a good opportunity to try and get some blueprints, levels and snag another artifact. 

20230129164002_1.thumb.jpg.19135fff9512d53f38f8b45f3e091219.jpg

The run was mostly a success, no good loot except for a journeyman longneck...might come in useful. Got my newest tame up to level 213, with 20k health and 300 melee. My strongest tame yet, left in upload along with my best argie and bear for safekeeping. I did however run into my first major hurdle of the run...at the end of the cave, just before the artifact, someone left a level 417 therizinosaurus on aggressive. 

Currently I have zero tools at my disposal to handle a threat like that and I had to pull out. At least the rest of the cave is open for farming still. At the moment It looks like I'll need to transfer servers If I want to get the next artifact...really not looking to make an enemy on my home server. Finished up the morning by taming an aurthropluera as suggested by @DrSmithDVM.

Coming into week 2 I think the plan is take it a little easy and make up some extra staches as well as do a cave run each morning. With any luck a stronger tribe will run the cave and take care of the theri for me. In the meantime I could continue my ovis hunt and possibly even get some sleep...

Edited by Logan96

Week 2 Update

Some great progress was made this week. For starters a GM was able to reimburse the dinos I lost from the prior weeks border glitch. It was my first time submitting a ticket for support and despite what people say, the process was actually pretty simple and the GM was extremely helpful. While the gear I lost couldn't be recovered, the tames were reimbursed at level 225 unleveled...basically as though they were all perfect kibble tames. 

I went ahead and set up a breeding station, as I have a 3 day weekend on the way and It's a great time to breed up a couple of those reimbursed argies. One thing I noticed is that I haven't really been relaxed in this run. Every corner has felt pretty stressful and grindy. I decided to make my breeding setup somewhat PvEish to get back the good old relaxing feeling of playing ark...something that I think many PvPers forget to enjoy. 

20230131154134_1.thumb.jpg.c6f2093485dd810c0442923d19e25d13.jpg

Since I can safely upload the dimetrodons I won't lose anything if somebody comes to grief me. My hope is that they will simply leave the breeding dock alone as there is nothing worthwhile here to raid. 

Additionally, I managed to get a male and female ovis for breeding. The calculator on dododex states that using mutton on a 150 is only a 4 level difference from kibble these days, so the plan is to also start raising up sheep for my initial rex line as well. 

Last but not least I managed to get past the aggressive theri in the swamp cave and get my artifact. I went as far as I could with my megatherium and then I used grapples to get past the theri without aggroing it. Thats 3 artifacts down now! 

On a final side note I'd like to say that this has been a pretty enjoyable run so far, however If something happens that results in a total wipe I will probably call it quits on this challenge. I won't allow myself to be upset as its what I've signed up for, but It has taken so much effort to stay hidden and get this far and I simply don't care to start over by this point. That aside, I do intend to see this through. 

Almost at the breeding stage of the game now! 

• Like 1

Week 2 Summary-Big Progress-TLDR: Did Stuff LOL

The breeding station has been fairly successful so far. Being slightly submerged the offspring from the ovis ended up falling through the floor and drowning which was a bit unfortunate. I also was not able to find any decent rex's to tame either, but I did find 2 direwolfs of opposite genders to tame up instead.

I'm very happy with the starting stats on this line. One has 3300 health after taming and the other has 373 melee. With the imprint boost and pack bonus I expect these puppies to shred. I was even lucky enough to get 2 twin females on the first breeding session. In addition to the wolves I'm also raising up a direbear that has +53 melee base stats. I think a wolf/bear combo will be able to see me through the northern ice cave with some preparation. 

With my list of tames and supplies growing, the micromanagement of all my hidden caches has been getting out of hand, so I figured It was finally time to set up a central base. The island is still too dangerous to build on, but now I have the resources to fend off the leeds attacks, making raft life possible again...so here is my own take on a PvP expedition raft.

20230204153832_1.thumb.jpg.fbdef87efeae8ae39bd52bbe8685c775.jpg 

With the raft assembled, I expect that I will start drawing more attention from raiders, so going into week 3 I think It's about time I made some allies on the server. I don't feel quite ready to introduce myself to the alphas, but I have been watching a couple smaller tribes attempting to get setup on the island as well. The plan will be to gift them the lower level tames that I started out with, along with a few defenses.

With any luck we can start to unite the server and help each other rebuild after each attack. It's probably a pipe dream but this stage right here is my favorite in Ark. Still vulnerable but powerful enough to make a difference on the server. Week 3 is going to be all about fortification and assisting the little guys, while I continue my hunt for some decent boss rex's. 

• Like 2

• Logan96 changed the title to PvP On The Island