Has anyone come across this, please let me know.

Denverson

Island map, local game mode.
Deep sea containers and containers in underwater caves do not spawn. There is nothing at any known coordinates. Is this a bug and how can I fix it or am I missing something?
P.S.: I haven’t checked it in ordinary caves yet, I can’t say if it’s there or not, but I’ve explored the entire underwater part - there’s nothing.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot - I never installed any mods.

28 minutes ago, Denverson said:

Island map, local game mode.
Deep sea containers and containers in underwater caves do not spawn. There is nothing at any known coordinates. Is this a bug and how can I fix it or am I missing something?
P.S.: I haven’t checked it in ordinary caves yet, I can’t say if it’s there or not, but I’ve explored the entire underwater part - there’s nothing.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot - I never installed any mods.

Sounds like they just have not spawned in yet. Or you have not found the other ones that can be found in those caves.....when hitting drops in caves in solo mode, its best to do it slowly. Gives the game some time to load spawn them in. I tried smashing the swamp cave one time with a VERY op thylo. None of the loot drops has time to spawn in and I was dealing with the same thing.

Decided to go get the artifact, heal the thylo, kill absolutely everything that was left, and then on the way out I checked for the blue drop. Sure enough it had spawned. Checked the other spots and yeah, they all had spawned in just as I was calling it quits.

19 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Sounds like they just have not spawned in yet. Or you have not found the other ones that can be found in those caves.....when hitting drops in caves in solo mode, its best to do it slowly. Gives the game some time to load spawn them in. I tried smashing the swamp cave one time with a VERY op thylo. None of the loot drops has time to spawn in and I was dealing with the same thing.

Decided to go get the artifact, heal the thylo, kill absolutely everything that was left, and then on the way out I checked for the blue drop. Sure enough it had spawned. Checked the other spots and yeah, they all had spawned in just as I was calling it quits.

It turned out that I was looking in the wrong underwater caves, so the caves still need to be checked. But. Deep-sea boxes never appeared anywhere - I spent more than one hour of real time, but did not find spawn in any of the coordinates, and, in principle, having examined the bottom, I also did not find it anywhere.
Replaying the game is clearly not an option - a lot of time has been spent, and I don’t even know what to do.
Sad🙁

4 hours ago, Denverson said:

It turned out that I was looking in the wrong underwater caves, so the caves still need to be checked. But. Deep-sea boxes never appeared anywhere - I spent more than one hour of real time, but did not find spawn in any of the coordinates, and, in principle, having examined the bottom, I also did not find it anywhere.
Replaying the game is clearly not an option - a lot of time has been spent, and I don’t even know what to do.
Sad🙁

Deep sea loot crates might not appear until you load that area into memory a few times.  Also, the first time I went looking for them myself on official servers - I couldn't find any either.  It took me several attempts to establish where exactly they spawn, and I still haven't seen all of them show up after 5 years.   Honestly, it is a horrible experience.  They are really far apart , they are difficult to see, and not all will spawn so you can swim for hours and not find them even when they are there.

But , they are absolutely not the only way to get loot.  Other maps give out loot at much better rates.  The island is a starter spot, you should be able to escape that place after finishing everything without ever going into the ocean for anything other than the easy and hard water caves for the artifacts. 

Desert loot crates on Scorched are just as good as the deep sea loot crates, and you don't need to swim to find them.  Genesis 2 drops give away 124 armor saddle bps to the point that its sort of a joke.   DOn't get hung up on what you can't do on the island at this point.  You can come back later on after you have more experience, better tames, and you will find it to be super easy to get stuff done.

Also, deep sea loot crates aren't in the caves.  THey are on the floor of the ocean out in the "open" if you can call being able to see only 2 feet in front of you open.

6 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Deep sea loot crates might not appear until you load that area into memory a few times.  Also, the first time I went looking for them myself on official servers - I couldn't find any either.  It took me several attempts to establish where exactly they spawn, and I still haven't seen all of them show up after 5 years.   Honestly, it is a horrible experience.  They are really far apart , they are difficult to see, and not all will spawn so you can swim for hours and not find them even when they are there.

But , they are absolutely not the only way to get loot.  Other maps give out loot at much better rates.  The island is a starter spot, you should be able to escape that place after finishing everything without ever going into the ocean for anything other than the easy and hard water caves for the artifacts. 

Desert loot crates on Scorched are just as good as the deep sea loot crates, and you don't need to swim to find them.  Genesis 2 drops give away 124 armor saddle bps to the point that its sort of a joke.   DOn't get hung up on what you can't do on the island at this point.  You can come back later on after you have more experience, better tames, and you will find it to be super easy to get stuff done.

Also, deep sea loot crates aren't in the caves.  THey are on the floor of the ocean out in the "open" if you can call being able to see only 2 feet in front of you open.

It's all good when there are Scorched and Genesis, but unfortunately I don't have these cards and it's not known when they will be, since they are not sold separately, unfortunately for some reason.
Well, I’ll hope a miracle happens and at least one appears, otherwise I don’t know how you can go to the boss with gray saddles.
Very annoying bug.

The subwater crates at the same time it is possible to find a maximum of two in the whole ocean, by default after having collected one a certain time must pass before the regeneration (if I'm not mistaken at least 30 minutes must pass, but I don't remember with certainty), in your case it's possible that you have to combine GrumpyBear's suggestion with this information, it's just my guess but I think you should do a first run through all the ocean spawn points and then wait for that spawn time and then do the whole run again. I'm on Online Server today but the first time I played Ark I completed TheIsland in single player and managed to get them to spawn.

What saddles are you looking for anyway? for Rex? for Theri? For Megatherium?

PS: besides ScorcheredHeart there are also other maps that are not from the story but playable for free and contain better drops more frequently, do you see them in your game?

1 hour ago, Denverson said:

It's all good when there are Scorched and Genesis, but unfortunately I don't have these cards and it's not known when they will be, since they are not sold separately, unfortunately for some reason.
Well, I’ll hope a miracle happens and at least one appears, otherwise I don’t know how you can go to the boss with gray saddles.
Very annoying bug.

The drops inside the caves with the artifacts are better than your standard drops.  I've gotten good Rex saddle bps from the swamp cave in the redwoods.  You can improve your loot quality if you go tame a Liopleurodon in the oceans with honey.  The tame only stays with you for 30min, but the buff stays 6hours as long as you don't die.  That buff kicks up the quality of the drops you open.

You can also find the lio on crystal isles.  That map is free and the drops in the ocean and artifact caves are really good. And the drops on the snow biome there have the desert loot tables included there.  The lio will turn the 92ish ranged bp's to above 100 if you tame that first there.

59 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

The drops inside the caves with the artifacts are better than your standard drops.  I've gotten good Rex saddle bps from the swamp cave in the redwoods.  You can improve your loot quality if you go tame a Liopleurodon in the oceans with honey.  The tame only stays with you for 30min, but the buff stays 6hours as long as you don't die.  That buff kicks up the quality of the drops you open.

You can also find the lio on crystal isles.  That map is free and the drops in the ocean and artifact caves are really good. And the drops on the snow biome there have the desert loot tables included there.  The lio will turn the 92ish ranged bp's to above 100 if you tame that first there.

The Liopleurodon make no loot buff for me.

Me and a tribemate test it on official Pve Xbox, i had the buff and the mate not.

My mate look inside the red cave drop and see a Megaloceros BP than i look inside and it changes to pulmonoscrorpi bp lol.

No better loot at every drop only changed loot.

its not about

31 minutes ago, Austria said:

The Liopleurodon make no loot buff for me.

Me and a tribemate test it on official Pve Xbox, i had the buff and the mate not.

My mate look inside the red cave drop and see a Megaloceros BP than i look inside and it changes to pulmonoscrorpi bp lol.

No better loot at every drop only changed loot.

I'm not quite sure you are clear on what better means.  You will get random choices.  What it should do is improve the quality of it.  For every blueprint, there is a # attached that means a whole lot more to us.  You can't gauge how much it may improve the loot quality, until you have collected lots and lots of blueprints.  After you have collected enough to get a sense of what #s you are expecting to see, then you can use the lio and really guage whether your average # on the armor rating goes up or not.

*its also not impossible that your experience is spot on, things break, and sometimes things don't work the same between the different mediums we are playing on.  Some bugs that are xbox based don't show up with us PC players.  It would take another xbox player to really chime in on whether the lio has been broken or if its working as intended.

WHen a blueprint comes out ramshackle, journeyman, apprentice, mastercraft, ascendant - none of that really matters that much to us because you can get a 70 armor ascendant blueprint, and then its possible to get a 100 armor journeyman of the exact same animal saddle.   The # is all that matters.  Yes, you will get blueprints for animals that are totally useless most of the time.  But if you do it enough times, you will see what you need, or at the very least - find someone who gets it and make them your friend.  Trade with people.  That's what officials are really useful for.   IF you don't have the patience to play hours every day, you won't find lots of good stuff. 

The one thing that I am encouraged by your experience as you mentioned, you and your friend tested it and saw a difference inside the drop.  That tells you something is going on there.  WHen we check the same drops together, we usually see exactly the same things.  You demonstrate from your experience that there is definitely a difference.   I would be more accepting of your conclusion after you have learned to recognize what is the real average find in drops.  Once you have collected one or 2 of almost every type of blueprint and gotten several 80-92 armor blueprints(and have over 400 blueprints collected) , I think you will be able to spot the differences and similarities with more certainty.

Also, we can improve the armor ratings on our blueprints by respecing our characters for a day so that all level points are spend on crafting.  This can bump up the # on the armor ratings from blueprints.  IF the saddle has a base value of 25 from just using an engram and then you find a 75 armor saddle blueprint for that saddle, seeing a bump of 50% is easily possible.  This is a 50% bump on the number above 25.  SO if its a 75 armor saddle blueprint, a 50% craft bonus will turn it into a 100 armor saddle.   You don't need to find a 124 saddle to take on the boss.  If you find a 90-100, you could make a bunch of saddles and get lucky with 120+ every now and again.  Yes it will be many wasted saddles, but you can grind them for mats, and use those mats to make more.

At that point, that's when the journeyman, mastercraft, ascendant quality attached to the blueprints comes into play.  The ascendant will take more materials to make.  A really really good journeyman blueprint will take a much smaller amount of materials to make a saddle, which is why those can be the most sought after and expensive to trade for if someone is willing to give one up in a trade.

* collecting blueprints is a marathon, not a sprint.  It could take a month or months to develop a boss quality team of dinos to take on a boss.  Expect it to take that long to find the blueprints you need, and almost as much effort as finding the DNA you require to build your boss team.

4 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

This is what I wanted - the Rex saddle can be found in the cave where I farm cement, it's good, thanks (satisfied)
In this case, deep-water boxes fade into the background.

4 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

The subwater crates at the same time it is possible to find a maximum of two in the whole ocean, by default after having collected one a certain time must pass before the regeneration (if I'm not mistaken at least 30 minutes must pass, but I don't remember with certainty), in your case it's possible that you have to combine GrumpyBear's suggestion with this information, it's just my guess but I think you should do a first run through all the ocean spawn points and then wait for that spawn time and then do the whole run again. I'm on Online Server today but the first time I played Ark I completed TheIsland in single player and managed to get them to spawn.

What saddles are you looking for anyway? for Rex? for Theri? For Megatherium?

PS: besides ScorcheredHeart there are also other maps that are not from the story but playable for free and contain better drops more frequently, do you see them in your game?

I was looking for a saddle for Rex, but below they suggested where you can find it. The hint with the need to swim through all the spawn points is interesting, I'll try it.

After some time, boxes appeared, and then not everywhere, did nothing, except eter the cave for the artifact. After that, some places began to appear.
It would seem rejoicing, but... for some reason I watch streamers, in various videos on YouTube they open boxes and there is a gold engram, I didn’t have anything higher than blue, or even gray for some reason. I don’t know many nuances, so I’ll ask - the quality of the loot does not depend on the choice of game settings (dinosaur levels and difficulty, everything is standard with me from the very launch of the game, that is, not the most difficult level) or again wait and hope for a miracle?

on island map you must be very lucky for drop good rex sadle bp on drop rate 1x. on island is drop chance very very low. i play on server where is a rate drop quality2x an on island i play half year , going many caves many x times,  ocean drops x times and nothing.  my first rex bp (125) is from extintion purple drop. 
if yoou need go boss in ark is a many dinsaurs for go boss fight. why ppl going boses only with rexes?  try
allosaurs this dinosaursis a amazing,  have pack bonus for 50%+ damage and damage reduction 20%with pack (pack is a 3 ), 
therizinosaur very good damage, herbivore eating vegetable cakes that healing him, 
spinosaurus good damage good hp, water buff 
stegosaurus + shotgun. best tank ingame 🙂 slow movement, healing from cakes, big damage taken reductions. dismount prevention, with good shotgun you easy kill many boses in ark. best with combination other  up dinosaurs.
+ you have yutyrannus for dmg and resistence buf, and daeodon (with basic kibles in inventory for fast food recover )for healing.
this dinosaurs is on island, yes you must. spent some time for breeding and combining stats. all have very good chance for find good saddle bp.

18 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Are you running this on single player, or are in charge of a private server?  If so , difficulty settings will affect both dinos and drops. 

https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/Difficulty

I play the local version of the game.
I read that in the link and there we are talking about multiplayer, in the local version as well or not?

2 minutes ago, Denverson said:

I play the local version of the game.
I read that in the link and there we are talking about multiplayer, in the local version as well or not?

If you control the start up of the game,  then you may have picked a setting that is holding you back.  The link I provided works for any type of game session.

4 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

If you control the start up of the game,  then you may have picked a setting that is holding you back.  The link I provided works for any type of game session.

Does the link indicate the command that is entered in the server configuration, or is everything different here and can it be entered in the console (does it also work)?

on start up;   From the game launcher;  Difficulty level is the very first setting you can adjust on the general tab.

450516509_difficultysettingreduced.JPG.8a3c6df464824aaabda93770e3821e9a.JPG

This setting, if you hover your mouse over the slider, it tells you that it affects the level of dinos as well as the quality of loot drops.

Further down the list in the check boxes, you can over ride this setting with "MAXIMUM DIFFICULTY" .  By checking this box, it overrides the first setting I show above.  This will negate the need to know what the maps special quirks might be with the first setting not being a uniform number for every map.

1468890790_maximumdifficultyreduced.JPG.31466f8aa75309ba72fcc52bdea93a33.JPG

I'm not an expert on this stuff, I'm just going by what I'm reading online.   But as far as I know, you can change these things at this point, or you can change them with console commands while in the game. 

If you change these settings, you should use the cheat DestroyWildDinos to get a fresh batch of animals that reflect the new settings.

I don't know if this command will also redo the drops, we need someone else to chime in on that part.   I don't know about the other check boxes like 'singleplayer settings' .  I can't tell you if there's more to this or not.  @Pipinghot or someone from the moderator team would be better equipped to explain this stuff.

If you want to try crafting commands while in the game, I use https://arkids.net/commands  to look stuff up.

41 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

on start up;   From the game launcher;  Difficulty level is the very first setting you can adjust on the general tab.

This setting, if you hover your mouse over the slider, it tells you that it affects the level of dinos as well as the quality of loot drops.

Further down the list in the check boxes, you can over ride this setting with "MAXIMUM DIFFICULTY" .  By checking this box, it overrides the first setting I show above.  This will negate the need to know what the maps special quirks might be with the first setting not being a uniform number for every map.

I'm not an expert on this stuff, I'm just going by what I'm reading online.   But as far as I know, you can change these things at this point, or you can change them with console commands while in the game. 

If you change these settings, you should use the cheat DestroyWildDinos to get a fresh batch of animals that reflect the new settings.

I don't know if this command will also redo the drops, we need someone else to chime in on that part.   I don't know about the other check boxes like 'singleplayer settings' .  I can't tell you if there's more to this or not.  @Pipinghot or someone from the moderator team would be better equipped to explain this stuff.

If you want to try crafting commands while in the game, I use https://arkids.net/commands  to look stuff up.

I understood you, thank you for your attention to my problem and for trying to help, but apparently I will leave everything as it is, so as not to run into various problems and bugs, as happens in games, if you perform all these actions with the console, as in this case. Thanks again for trying to help, most importantly, I understood the answer to my question, does the quality affect the loot.

On 1/22/2023 at 8:50 PM, GrumpyBear said:

Today I encountered some difficulties, which, alas, suggest the idea of changing the level of the dino. Unfortunately, I did not find an answer to the question of what will happen to already tamed dinos, will they remain the same small or automatically change the level, do you happen to know?

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Denverson said:

Today I encountered some difficulties, which, alas, suggest the idea of changing the level of the dino. Unfortunately, I did not find an answer to the question of what will happen to already tamed dinos, will they remain the same small or automatically change the level, do you happen to know?

I don't think changes would affect tamed dinos. 

And I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, Denverson said:

Once a dino is already tamed none of those settings will affect it, it is what it is.

Sad, I spent a lot of time en all those dinos that I have. Ok, then let's put the question differently - how much does the boss differ in the amount of life, if we compare the standard values and the most difficult level? And then yesterday the alpha tusoteus almost killed me in the presence of 4 megalodon "guards" (he also killed one of them) and now I'm thinking how it will be with the boss. It's just that if the difference is, for example, 800,000 and 80,000, then it's acceptable, since my dinos have a maximum of 6000 life, and at the maximum I saw values 30,000 - 60,000 there. But if the boss's health level is not much less than the hard level, then unequivocally (whether I like it or not) it will be necessary to change the complexity, even if I lose my dynos (figuratively).

9 hours ago, Denverson said:

Sad, I spent a lot of time en all those dinos that I have. Ok, then let's put the question differently - how much does the boss differ in the amount of life, if we compare the standard values and the most difficult level? And then yesterday the alpha tusoteus almost killed me in the presence of 4 megalodon "guards" (he also killed one of them) and now I'm thinking how it will be with the boss. It's just that if the difference is, for example, 800,000 and 80,000, then it's acceptable, since my dinos have a maximum of 6000 life, and at the maximum I saw values 30,000 - 60,000 there. But if the boss's health level is not much less than the hard level, then unequivocally (whether I like it or not) it will be necessary to change the complexity, even if I lose my dynos (figuratively).

when I completed the island in Single Player I then wanted to test some commands and some settings just to understand how they worked, I also tried to change the percentage that each assigned point would earn the statistics and if I'm not mistaken it also affected the dinos already tamed, making him gain more health/stamina/etctra than the points I had previously put on him (I don't remember, however, if when I put the standard settings back they remained with those stats, because I then moved to Ragnarok with the standard setup). However I don't think this helps you because if you have a good level dino, it remains good both on low difficulty and on high difficulty, raising the difficulty the Bosses don't change the amount of their health but it changes the damage they receive (they are more resistant ) and the damage they do, health is always the same whatever level is set. also, the wild dino that will be born can be of higher level (up to 150 on maximum difficulty) but if you compare the same level of one you have already tamed on medium difficulty (for example a level 50) they will have no difference, a level 50 on medium difficulty it will distribute the points on the stats in exactly the same way as a level 50 on hard difficulty, if no other settings have been changed. PS: I've been playing on the Official server for a couple of years with a primary base on TheIsland and the highest Rex saddle Blueprint I found without looking too much was 46pt, looking more specifically I got a 76 but luckily I have an ally with whom we exchange often and I was able to receive from him an ascendant of 96 (it also becomes 120pt if I use 1000 points in creation); to date after more than two years I still haven't found a single BP of Thery, Yuti, Spino here on the island, while I have taken excellent BP of Stego and Mammut (besides Dino minor or less useful for bosses), I have the best BP found in the various journeys in the non-canonical maps (mainly CristalIsland, LostIsland, Fjordur)... ok sorry i'm rambling :D:D

Archived