Regaliceratops - The Hellboy Trike! The Boss Supporter Herbivore!

RaptorRapture19

Suggestion

This is my second creature submission, Regaliceratops. Regaliceratops is a creature near and dear to me because it was my first time visiting the Royal Tyrell Museum when I was still in school, just the thought of a Hellboy Trike smacking everything was really cool to me. A new powerful herbivore which potentially the coolest abilities! I hope you enjoy reading! Also checkout Dracovenator!

Regaliceratops.webp.8ac3cecd3c2ba4c56e62647743fd270f.webp

An Artists Illustration Of Regaliceratops.

What is Regaliceratops?
Regaliceratops is a relative of Triceratops, it is believed to have lived in the late Cretaceous period, it is believed to have an estimated length of 5m and an estimated weight of 2 tonnes. The reason it is called Hellboy is due to where it was discovered and the stubby horns it has above it's eyes. Personally I would like to make Regaliceratops more larger to better suit its Hellboy nickname, let's say around the size of a Allo.

Regaliceratops Dossier

Wild: Regaliceratops better known as Hellboy is one of the Ark's most regal and territorial creature's, especially around their nest sites. The males boast larger horns than the females, and seek to fend of any large carnivores away from their nesting grounds. From what I've seen Regaliceratops is almost treated as royalty as smaller carnivores than it tend to avoid it.

Tamed: The beauty of having a Regaliceratops is their friendliness towards your tamed large carnivores, it's almost like raising a dog not to get scared by other larger dogs. However when the time calls, Regaliceratops will put every ton of muscle to use, protecting you from even the likes of Giganotosaurus (that's if you can get away). Regaliceratops is also useful in other ways, due to its bulk it can carry a lot of resources like metal and black pearls.

Behaviour

Regaliceratops is a fairly passive herbivore unless there is a large carnivore nearby, the Alpha males will seek out the predator and put an end to it quickly.

Appearance

Regaliceratops displays convergent evolution, looking like a mix between Chasmosaurus and Triceratops. Obviously since this is Ark and we have a supersized Giga and Carchar, I would like to have the Regaliceratops around Allosaurus sized.

The Herd

All Regaliceratops spawn in a herd, there is one Alpha male among them which is an Alpha akin to Alpha Raptors/Carnos/Rex's, the Alpha Male only attacks large carnivores unless deliberately attacked by a survivor and its tames.

Taming

Regaliceratops has a special taming method where you have to gain the trust of the Alpha male by first throwing an apex drop from a rex, allosaurus or yuty (depending on the drop depends how much the Regaliceratops trusts you) then after that the Regaliceratops will nods its head in recognition of your strength, you must then throw wood and thatch to it, the male then proceeds to carry these items to the female, and once the nest has been completed, you will be rewarded an egg which would be based on the male and females levels. The levels of Regaliceratops go to 225.

Combat

It is advised not to use a large carnivore, as your damage will be reduced heavily. It is ideal to use Carno or smaller creatures as Regaliceratops ignores them until you attack. Any creatures which have a bleeding effect are also a good choice.

Attacks

Primary: Headbutt similar to Trike with knockback but dealing a bleed tick similar to Deinonychus.

Secondary: Is a slam attack where it raises up on 2 legs and slams down with it's entire weight, this is an AOE attack which stuns survivors and small dinosaurs.

Tertiary: Armour Buff Call, the description is in PvE abilities.

Abilities - PvP

Regaliceratops whilst being a herbivore is a very useful soaker taking a lot less damage on its head, this effects all turrets. Whilst riding Regaliceratops you are immune from being dismounted and immune from the effects of Plant X.

Abilities - PvE

Regaliceratops is a great boss fighter, dealing a bleed tick similar to that of the Deinonychus, but having better overall damage and a lot better health. However that's not where it ends, Regaliceratops has a special call which gives 50% incoming damage reduction to all creatures smaller than a Carnotaurus, this helps a lot of creatures which struggled to fight due to them either having low health or no armour, a few creatures in this size range will be excluded though.

Frill Colour change mechanic, Regaliceratops is able to change its frill to 4 different colours, each providing a harvest bonus, red will represent red gem, blue for blue gems, green for green gems and purple for element.

Passive Abilities

Apex fighter, Regaliceratops is able to take decreased damage from large carnivores, the bigger the carnivore, the bigger the buff. Regaliceratops gains the apex buff where all carnivores smaller than it, will ignore you.

Reduced weight for metal, black pearls, red gems, blue gems, green gems and element (shards and dust only).

Saddle

Regaliceratops has 2 saddles, a standard hide one and the flashy apex killer saddle. The Apex Killer saddle does not give anything extra, it only gives a cooler look, to acquire this saddle you need Rex arms, Giga hearts, Yuty lungs and Allosaurus brains.

For Studio Wildcard looking at this, here's some more information on Regaliceratops: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regaliceratops

3 replies to this server topic

Archived