The Tiger beetle (Cretotetracha grandis)

AFatFrog

Suggestion

The Tiger beetle

(Cretotetracha grandis)

2e426512fc8d8c24c472bd600ee40d77.png

Sources: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0195667118303604

https://www.mindat.org/taxon-P378730.html

Description: 

A brightly colored and small (for Ark) sized insect that makes up for its size with its ferocity. Similar to its living counterpart, it would probably spawn and wander around beaches and other sandy areas or locations without tree cover but it would be fairly rare. I would consider it a mid to late tier tame as its bite is going to be very nasty and a high level beetle could easily kill a survivor in flak if they don't have anything to stave off its attack while its pinning them. Its role would be akin to something like a attack dog, where you sicc them on a dino or survivor and take them out of the fight for a moment. I wanted to design it as more of a support rather than just a attack dog as well, appling a debuff that could help a tribe if they have to use T-rexes to fight of a giga or are outmatched in a 1-on-1. As for taming, I feel like knocking it out doesn't fit with the creature. Either a passive tame or feeding it meat while it chews your leg off would fit with its aesthetic. 

Ability one: Siccing

Once tamed, a tiger beetle can be picked up and carried in a similar fashion to Sinomacrops where it rides upon your back. When on your back, whistling "Attack this target" will cause the beetle to immediately charge and attack the creature under the crosshair. The beetle gains a buff while it flies/runs to its target that prevents it from being slowed, stopped or knocked back and increases its speed. After it hits a large target, it will return to the survivor's back until it is sent again. The attack inflicts a debuff called "Beetle's bite" and caused the inflicted creature to be slowed and reduce its health and stamina regen. (I toyed around the idea of the bite applying bleed instead of the debuff, but i felt like bleed would make it a bit too strong as it could hit and run large dinos without any worries. The debuff allows you to catch up to faster dinos if your riding a bigger slower one and evens the playing field if your T-rex is not up to par with your opponents.)

Ability two: Pinning

When a beetle attacks a survivor sized or smaller creature, the beetle will pin it to the ground. Where its stamina will drain as it holds it in place, once its stamina or health reaches a threshold, it will let go and rush back to the survivor. This applies the same debuff as Siccing but a option can be used in its menu to tell it to chew or to hold, chewing makes it deal damage as it holds the creature or survivor in place. This also pulls survivors off of mounts similar to how kaprosuchus and raptors grab and pin survivors but for far longer. On the other hand, the beetle would have less health and would let go if it reaches a stamina or health threshold. 

If you guys have any other suggestions let me know. 

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived