Sivatherium - Ark's New Strongman Herbivore

ZazaGaming

Suggestion

I'm not good at creating dossier text but maybe people, if interested, could run with this and add to it.

Size: Slightly larger and more muscular than Paracer. In real life they would have been smaller but a giga in this game is way larger than a Rex so, I think we can stretch it a bit. Plus, I think it would be nice to have a larger mammal.

Look: Like a giraffe, wildebeest, and moose combined. Horns maybe larger than normally would have been (again to look cool). Also think some sexual dimorphism - females will smaller horns.

Fun attribute: Gallops instead of plods. Picks up momentum like rhino and bear. Once it hits full gallop uninterrupted (some visual cue for this) it can lower its head and become a battering ram that can destroy up to at least wood structures.

Ram Saddle: A normal saddle for those that just want a fun giant steed for running around. Has huge spikes on the head. Wearing allows for the battering ram attack to damage stone.

Cart Saddle: A unique still of platform saddle. Instead of being on the back it would be a cart. Wheels with a platform on top. People could make fun "traveling salesman" saddles. Doesn't have to have a huge limit. Something between the Quetzal and the Paracer maybe.

I think this could fill a fun area that the Paracer and mammoth try to be but really can't quite fill.

raph-herrera-lomotan-sivatheriumwip.jpg

5 replies to this server topic

Looks like a really cool idea! The idea of needing a companion could also be part of its taming process- it could be a passive tame with honey or vegetables but only if you have tames nearby (the more friendly creatures you have nearby, the better the taming effectiveness)

Like the male Megaloceros maybe it could protect the rider from dimorphodons and onyc, maybe even microraptors?

Having more herbivores or even mammals that could hold their own against the bosses would also be good

1 hour ago, Normandem said:

Looks like a really cool idea! The idea of needing a companion could also be part of its taming process- it could be a passive tame with honey or vegetables but only if you have tames nearby (the more friendly creatures you have nearby, the better the taming effectiveness)

Like the male Megaloceros maybe it could protect the rider from dimorphodons and onyc, maybe even microraptors?

Having more herbivores or even mammals that could hold their own against the bosses would also be good

That could be a really interesting unique way to go about taming it, I definitely think it's taming has to be with something like honey being the most efficient or something

I truly believe that this would be a fun creature to add in ark. Why not add a prehistoric giraffe? The very first pre-historic giraffe in ark, I believe.

Time period: Miocene and Pleistocene.

The Sivatherium is roughly 7ft tall, (2.2m,) 9ft at full height. And estimated to be three thousand pounds. (1,360 kg.) Although sometimes is thought to be underestimated due to the antlers.

There were also paintings of the Sivatherium found on rocks. Maybe in a cave there could be a painting of it? Pr maybe it could be a drawn on explorer note.

Abilities/uses:

Push animals away using horns.

Is your tame in a bad spot? Use your Sivatherium to push it into a better place.

Provides a large amount of hide.

The reason the Sivatherium is believed to be extinct is because of early African Indian settlers killing them for meat and pelts.

Weight carriers.

The Sivatherium is assumed to have a lot of muscle from carrying their antlers everywhere.

Throwing smaller creatures.

Again, assumed to have a lot of muscle. Creature getting to close, just throw it!

560b6592d3fe9740579fbdedf5b81c1a.jpg

1468437798_Sivatheriummadebykiahonfire(1).thumb.jpg.384d6e76f8c797d7d156f94978921e97.jpg

Introducing: Sivatherium

Sivatherium, Arks new strong, yet nimble Herbivore. Appropriately named after the Hindu God of Destruction.

Hello everyone my name is KiahOnFire (Or Milkshake on here, old username struggles), I feel like in Ark we have plenty of unique and strong carnivores, but we pretty much only have the Theri or Rhino as stronger Herbivore options, especially when it comes to boss battles. 

I wanted to present something more unique here, something like a yutyrannus equivalent in the herbivore world.

If you like this idea - please don't forget to up vote it :)

What Does It Do?

This Majestic beast Is a rather muscular companion, especially in it's strong shoulders which support it's neck. Upon It's head a deadly set of horns capable of dishing lots of damage out and knocking back other creatures. 

Sivatherium has been found to be a grazer as well as a browser, they very much enjoy foraging for fruits and honey by using their strong heads to butt into trees. It is a joy to watch the creature when they discover a bee hive, they seem to have a really soft spot for honey and will happily do a little dance near trees if it has found a hive. Interestingly enough they seem to have an immunity to the stings, as they don't seem phased one bit by the bees attacking them.

Upon Taming the beast, It becomes much more apparent why they like honey so much. When this food is consumed Sivatherium almost goes into a sugar rush, trotting it's hoofs in a little dance and swishing it's tail. This increases it's vitality by incredible amounts, and slightly improves it's speed attacking. Fascinating enough, any companion creatures that witness the "honey dance" seem to be enamoured with it. To the point they also gain a boost in their vitality and speed.

Other Creature Pros/Cons:

Thankfully Sivatherium doesn't suffer from the same encumbered slow turning other large mammals suffer from, because of their more nimble long legs they are quick to travel upon. 

These creatures are incredibly expressive, If you specifically treat Sivatherium to Citronal it has been found that they will find you gifts such as but not limited to:

-Rare Flower
-Rare Mushroom
-Sap
-Thatch
-Wood

However this expressiveness can work against you, as Sivatherium really enjoys a companions company. If you travel alone on a Sivatherium without any other companion dinosaurs present, the creature gets sad and this sadness causes Sivatherium to be less motivated in battle, causing it to take more damage in a fight. 

This creature is more than happy to let you ride on it's back, I would advise you make a saddle for it though. It can be one heck of a bumpy ride!

For gathering Sivatherium can help you collect wood quite efficiently, and shred bark with it's horns producing Thatch.

A Bit Of History

Named after the Hindu God of Destruction, Sivatherium is a member of the Giraffe family. Resembling a modern-day Okapi, it reached a height of 3m (9.8ft) and weighed up to 500kg (1100lbs) or more, making it one of the largest members of its group.

Fossils of Sivatherium have been found throughout Africa and the Indian subcontinent, and two species are widely recognized. Studies on its teeth suggest that it would have grazed as well as browsed and, like modern day giraffes, it was a ruminant. Evolving during the late Miocene, Sivatherium is believed to have gone extinct roughly a million years ago.

Thankyou for reading! If you liked this Idea or have anything more to add on to it, or any other suggestions for a creature such as this. Feel free to discuss in the comments down below!
If you liked my idea please consider supporting 

-Kiah 

Archived