PuutyCuuty

Suggestion

1063399389_images(4).jpeg.0527352dd8ee1c4377f6fcfb6ed372ec.jpeg

Species: Hippocampus Sarmaticus/Leviathan

Time: Middle Miocene

Diet: Carnivore

Temperament: Aggressive

images.png.dcaa28023725088eb1db57eba2227b67.png

I feel Ark's oceans need a bit of love. What better way than with a new mount. Seahorses are pretty cool looking as well as sea dragons, and who wouldn't want to ride around on one. A saddled mount of course

images.jpeg.12237040a285f52ba1beceb48c622a15.jpeg

They're like master ninjas, so this mount could have some sort of camo ability, maybe when they're within underwater vegetation. They could function similar to an underwater purlovia, and their first strike from being hidden could cause massive burst damage. Kinda like sneak damage. Because of this sneakyness, make all wild creatures non aggressive to it unless provoked. This includes the jellies. In fact, let's make this creature immune to jellies shock to have another mount to fight against them. Maybe even have cnidaria actively run away from them like the piranha does to the sarco. These could be the best biotoxin gatherers.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.cbd9b85e553133ac6e98deaefc9a1b95.jpg

(A sea slug pic, but the patterns and appendages look cool, and I invision this ark creature taking visual cues from it)

Seahorses also are very tanky with their bone like ridges down their body. Instead of their body and tails being cylindrical, they're more square, thus able to take more damage and even be compressed and be able to bounce back unharmed. This means the ark creature could make for a very tanky mount with possibly even recoil damage. Add a good saddle for even more tanking. Seahorses also have great mobility, so it can control similar to an underwater Tapejara.

970079506_images(2).jpeg.96f9284e5bdafed97f189265c3a67651.jpeg

This is a very interesting video below about Seahorses.

Utility is a big thing the ocean needs too. With the males pouch, it could function as an underwater maewing, able to nurse or improve imprints. Maybe a player can use its pouch to be transported underwater and give oxygen. Again, immunity to jelly stings.

989766692_images(5).jpeg.ec0ec6890c8d9f467bd78f8e4d7be1a4.jpeg

seahorse-anatomy-male-female.png.1f3c530f92353547125339f73fd7deaa.png

They have these cool prehensile tails too. They can use this to latch onto different things underwater to stay put, and enter a sort of turret mode. We can use these prehensile tails to grab small to some medium sized creatures, which has a multitude of uses, but also make it able to pick players underwater from their mounts. To balance this, make it ridden only or something.

50015962_1248703578600849_9100194432094830592_n_large.jpg.4cc00ac045be6d1ae53812181571d0e1.jpg

seahorses.jpg.0f281304ded3b602abe38755bfad9e64.jpg

These tails could have another purpose too. There aren't any underwater shoulder pets. Until they're grown, while they're still a baby/adolescent, they can use the tail to become a shoulder mount. Adding stun immunity or reduction, or adding armor and recoil damage to the player while assisting in battle with their attack/breath. The balance to this would be that it's temporary, until the baby reaches a certain size, then it auto dismounts. Killing cnidaria could make it grow faster, or feeding it biotoxin. It would speed up raising. You could ignore this mechanic to keep it smaller for longer to keep the shoulder benefits, because it's raise time could be long without using it.

9mi2mteazt441.thumb.jpg.db7d609432dc4096bb890719d4051429.jpg

With all these positives, maybe give the creature lower stamina, or make it opposite of the bear. Super fast burst speed that eventually slows down. Same with dps. Stupid high burst speed dps, that slows a lot over time.

The way I imagine it looking is some kind of Seahorse/Seadragon hybrid with some draconian features. This is ark afterall, and some dinos aren't 100% real world accurate, so we can spice this up a bit.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sea+dragon&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwj_ttH9nMj8AhWTFmIAHQ8kBcAQ2-cCegQIABAC&oq=sea+dragon&gs_lcp=ChJtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1pbWcQAzIECCMQJzIKCAAQgAQQsQMQDTIECAAQQzIECAAQQzIECAAQQzoFCAAQgAQ6BAgAEAM6CAgAEIAEELEDOgsIABCABBCxAxCDAToHCAAQsQMQQ1CBCFjmJGC-KWgAcAB4AIABe4gBgAuSAQM2LjiYAQCgAQHAAQE&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-img&ei=WzzDY7-dA5OtiLMPj8iUgAw&bih=647&biw=412&client=ms-android-americamovil-us-revc#imgrc=t00DU5k3vLyQlM&imgdii=w_wkJPB5AToXmM

163538699_images(1).jpeg.49e7744130d9f9028cd2f11abe9b8585.jpeg

Another cool option would be some kind of underwater breath attack. Bubbles that stun or slow so they can assassinate prey, or superheated water jet, but I'd like for them to have some sort of poison breath. It would go with the assassin theme. This poison would accumulate in its inventory similar to acatina, maybe increasing production for a time with cnidaria kills stacking. We could coat our weapons or even dino claws with the poison to give special debuffs and inreased damage per hit for a time. This would benefit high attack speed dinos a lot like the raptor, giving more use for its faster attack buff from its alpha call.

I hope you all like and upvote.

31 replies to this server topic

20 hours ago, Firedg21 said:

Id love something like this i also wanted some op horses to do boss fights. It be cool if it could collect and hold bp easier. Yeah the angler and dunk have that but it be also awesome with this thing having all regions id like to see more rainbow dinos. Oooooh and if you kill enough of these u cn make sick armor oohhhh ohhh or or they can be underwater maewings for holding 5 babies on it on for the pouch the male has and the female saddle could be like the beetle. They got 2 saddles so theres a armor saddle and a nursing saddle the females get armor and the male can have the armor OR the extra pouch saddle. Oh oh and maybe introduce underwater plants....ok i need to stop my mind went crazy lol

I love everything you said. I hope wildcard sees these posts.

Just now, wittyisme said:

I created an account because I want to vote for this!! I don't know how to vote exactly... I'm hoping it's a comment to vote sort of deal? So yeah, seabiscuit ftw!

The initial vote is over. It ended 1pm on Monday. I sadly didn't make it to the top 10. The top 10 voting just started if you want to go and vote for one of them. No sea creatures tho.

11 minutes ago, MisfitToy said:

I love it !! I have 2700 hours in and still have spent NO time underwater.  Scares the crap out of me.  Id love to have something pretty and potent. ITs seems like they cant do both.

Also think there should be  three categories.  Land water and sky , for entries. They are all vastly different.

Agreed. There should be a separate vote. It's been so long since we've got a new water creature. I'd love for some more sky creatures too. That Sky Giga bug suggestion was cool, if it was toned down a bit. 

Id love something like this i also wanted some op horses to do boss fights. It be cool if it could collect and hold bp easier. Yeah the angler and dunk have that but it be also awesome with this thing having all regions id like to see more rainbow dinos. Oooooh and if you kill enough of these u cn make sick armor oohhhh ohhh or or they can be underwater maewings for holding 5 babies on it on for the pouch the male has and the female saddle could be like the beetle. They got 2 saddles so theres a armor saddle and a nursing saddle the females get armor and the male can have the armor OR the extra pouch saddle. Oh oh and maybe introduce underwater plants....ok i need to stop my mind went crazy lol

9 hours ago, Madavar said:

I realy realy like the seahorse idea!!!!

And the reverse oxigen Feature would be cool.

Maybe when breeding its a reverse thing too? Males get "pregnant" with the babies. (Like in real life) So you can mate different males with one female. Breeding timer for the males ;)

That actually sounds cool. I wish my submission made it in the top ten. Hopefully they think it's cool and add it too.

Archived