Suggestion

I think we can all agree that the dinosaurs are the most attention-grabbing thing in the game, and I get it, they're cool. However, I believe that the mammals deserve to be loved too, and what better way to do it than by adding a new member to their ranks, and a pretty good one at that!

I present to you...

153806269_hippopotamusgorgopsdossier.thumb.jpg.dbe733f4db39cb45552c25fcea90b895.jpg

That's right! We're getting a hippo in the game, hopefully. Let's not get ahead of ourselves though, first we need to talk more about our chunky friend over here.

As you've read, it can't be tamed by the ol' tranq and feed, instead I thought of something to make it stand out from the rest of the mammals. Much like the Wyverns and their many predecessors, it must be raised in orden to tame it, making it the first mammal to have the raise-only taming method. And I know what you're thinking, 'wouldn't it be dangerous to separate a future killing machine from its family of killing machines?' to which I answer 'Yes. A lot.', but don't fret, as in exchange for performing such a treacherous task successfully, you'll be rewarded with one beast of a creature! Be it for traveling across the land, gathering and transporting resources or turn the tides of a battle in your favor, Hippopotamus Gorgops won't dissapoint. Now, let's go into a little more detail about its abilities.

1. Mouse Left Click (Tap): This is your standard bite attack used by 90% of ARK's wildlife, still, you should never underestimate the power of a hippo's jaws.

2. Mouse Left Click (Hold): This is another bite attack, but not an ordinary one, mind you. The longer you hold the button, the more powerful the attack will be, culminating in a massive bite, capable of damaging up to stone structures.

3. Mouse Right Click: This allows it to carry any small to medium-sized creatures in its jaws.

4. Passive Hyperthermic Insulation: Similar to their modern relatives, Hippopotamus Gorgops have a special sweat that gives them resistance to UV rays, which they can share with their rider, protecting them both from high temperatures.

5 replies to this server topic

4AEF9B88-1290-46B6-9BDB-6CC285F5FE35.jpeg.d8f4403666c0fa21a7995042bb2b4b10.jpegCommon name:

Hippopotamus 

Species: Hippopotamus antiquus 

Time: Late Pliocene 

Temperament: Aggressive 

Wild:
Hippopotamus antiquus always hunts in pack. You can find them in a hot climate areas beside the lakes.Hippopotamus mostly living in the water ,sometimes comes to the coast to get some food.Hippopotamus antiquus is a very strong creature with a good natural armor ,buffs and speed. They're roughly the same size as a Wooly Rhino ,their durable leather and long sharp teeth makes them a dominant predator in their living area. Hippopotamus antiquus looks like a very large ,heavy and slow mammal ,but it's very fast like Andrewsarchus and can jump like Andrewsarchus aswell. 
Domesticated

Tamed hippopotamus antiquus would be very good for traveling ,farming ,fighting and exploring the ARK. As it has unlimited Oxygen It would be helpful to explore the underwater part of ark. Hippopotamus antiquus is a very fast dino especially in water. 
Hippopotamus uniqueness 

Hippopotamus antiquus has a an average HP(225lvl has around 6-7k)

Hippopotamus antiquus has 50natural armor (also there is a saddle)

Hippopotamus antiquus has a high damage he can easily kill Sarcosuchus(roughly 60) they also have a pack buff (+attack speed and some damage)

Also Hippopotamus antiquus can be used for farming. What can it farm?

1#Mutagel
1#Black Pearls

Organic polymer

Silica Pearls

Gems

Oil

Berries 

Meat

Time for a herbivore that can match gigas and rexes. Imagine the amphibious herbivore version of a spino. But has the bulk and melee  to take on top predators. Hippos are considered the most dangerous animal on the four legs today. Imagine an ARK one.

The archaeopotamus is an extremely volatile herbivore. Merely wandering too deep into its territory can be cause for aggression. They spend most of their time wading in rivers and lakes or feeding on plants and berries around their territory. They have been known to take on rexes alone. And in the more common packs of three have been known to bully spinos for over lapping territory. 

Taming: they are the standard knock out tame but due to the high torpidity and how quickly they wake it’s advised to have all narcotics on hand as well preferred foods of surprising poly and organic poly, with organic poly being the preferred. This is the only food they will take during taming with a massive difference in taming speed between organic poly and hard poly. Trapping them is also not an option as their ivory teeth and aggressive nature allows them to tear through all forms of building material with ease. Even tek stands little chance against the gaping jaws of the Archaeoptumus.

Once tamed Archaeoptumus makes a great land and sea mount. They gain a movement boast when in water and tend to move a lot slower on land. If you’re able to tame one be prepared to have a bulky fearless mount to ride into battle. The saddle comes with added defense for the rider. It also closes around them allowing no need for a scuba tank while submerged. Their body insulation gives protection to the rider from not only cold and extreme heat but also radiation. They are able to begin eating crops amd berries becoming much easier to feed once tamed. Although raising babies is a chore as the babies feeds exclusively on organic poly until thy are adolesent phase due to their stomaches finally maturing to be able to process the lipids in berries and crops

B44E446F-A0CB-4E62-8E9B-D2B5D43E479D.jpeg

It is one of only two extant species  in the family Hippopotamidae , the other being the pygmy hippopotamus . Its name comes from the ancient Greek for "river horse". Hippos inhabit rivers, lakes, and mangrove swamps. Territorial bulls each preside over a stretch of water and a group of five to thirty cows and calves. Mating and birth both occur in the water. During the day, hippos remain cool by staying in water or mud, emerging at dusk to graze on grasses. While hippos rest near each other in the water, grazing is a solitary activity and hippos typically do not display territorial behaviour on land. Hippos are among the most dangerous animals in the world due to their aggressive and unpredictable nature. They are threatened by habitat loss and poaching for their meat and ivory (canine teeth).

It Can be a great Dino for Land and Water . Can be active knockout tamed with meat and fish. It will be a good dino for all the maps in Ark Survival Evolved. Would like to see the real life Creature in the Maps.

Hope Everyone will like it . Please Vote for this one .

Thank you

index.jpg

A hippo e I guess it will be strong even to beat idk a rex with its charge up bite crushing bone and slowing dinos also dealing bleed will act like a tank for hopefully boss fights might be able to beat giga tbh I don't expect this to be added but imagine tho ye it'll be as fast as raptor on land but but lose stamina 0.5x faster but ye if this does get added I wanna see it on ark mobile yours truly-rooster fan 1837502416_images(1).jpeg.fee202da0c6867094d989809573f99a0.jpeg

images.jpeg

Archived