Cryodrakon, the Semi Aquatic Raid Flyer

ShotgunDilo

Suggestion

Image credit: PaleoEquii

Cryodrakon is a relative of Quetzalcoatlus from late cretaceous Canada. It was probably around the same size and appearance as Quetzalcoatlus, although this is based off of very fragmentary remains from a juvenile.

I imagine that in-game Cryodrakon would be smaller than a Quetzal but bigger than a Tropeo, and be able to dive underwater as well as fly. Its oxygen stat would be high to allow it to stay submerged for a decent length of time similar to a Spino. It would be able to move at a decent speed both in the air and underwater, and on the ground it would move quite slow like all the other Pterosaurs in the game. It would have a large health pool and a small amount of armor, although it should be used during a raid as a getaway dino that can tank a lot of hits rather than a turret soaker. With its primary attack it can deal a medium amount of damage, not too high but not too low either. It could possess a small platform saddle which could allow the player to stay protected during a raid. Another saddle suggestion is a turret saddle that can fire rockets, making it a dino you can use at the start and end of a raid.

Here are some suggestions for abilities that could improve the creature and make it more useful:

Adrenaline

By activating this ability the Cryodrakon temporarily gains increased damage reduction and speed. As mentioned earlier the Crydrakon should be used as a fail safe while escaping a raid, whether you successfully raided a base or just have to run away because you underestimated your enemy. This ability can help if you're enemy is on a mount that is too fast to escape with your regular speed.

Blockade

The Crydrakon could use its massive wings to temporarily shield allies from incoming damage like bullets and attacks from other dinos. This could help, again, during a raid, as well as when one of your friends is getting chased by something small but deadly like raptors or troodons and needs assistance. The Crydrakon will continue to shield allies even when dismounted while the ability is in use.

Glide

This ability can help when you just don't have enough stamina to finish flying to a location you're just about to reach. Using this ability will cause the Cryodrakon to start gliding like a Rock Drake or Maewing, which consumes less stamina than regular flying. You can use this ability to dive bomb enemy dinos and players, dive into water, or simply move faster.

Other suggestions:

- A dive attack that stuns other dinos (suggested by Sufli)

- A saddle similar to the Andrewsarchus that allows underwater breathing without scuba gear (suggested by pudgysaurus)

If anyone has any other ideas comment it and I'll be sure to include it and credit you, just keep in mind most of the suggestions probably won't make it in if the creature is added to the game.

800px-Cryodrakon.jpg

4 replies to this server topic

This would be cool, but I think this suggestion for its abilities or at least some of it:

I like what this guy posted:

"TheEmeraldDodo

• TheEmeraldDodoNaked
  • Early Birds

My tribe and I are very into avatar, so I was wondering what looks like an Ikran/Banshee from the movie. There is nothing like it, I just thought of this while raising my reaper, so I don't have any dossier or anything, but I have ideas. 

Taming: You have to search for a mountain they are inhabiting and go on foot, then you have to prove your worth by either falling from a height or fight it hand to claw, the creature will target you, this is indicated by a red line connecting both of you. Once you tame it you can ride it without a saddle, but you want to make a saddle. 

Riding with no saddle: This will be like flying a fast Pteranodon, like really fast. Nothing special.

Riding with saddle: This is where the specialties come in, with the saddle you can dive and swoop. With the saddle you will be more mobile than anything else in the game, you will be able to outrun anything in the game.

Breeding and Raising: They will not be able to breed because they are supposed to be special and one at a time tames.

Tamed Abilities: Like said in the riding section you will be super agile with a saddle but not that special without the saddle. Another ability it has is a roar that increases speed, this can only be used with a pack of them, with the roar it also makes others of this creature friendly to you and help you attack creatures, when this runs out you better fly fast. 

Wild Abilities: These creatures will make the sky dangerous, the sky in Ark has always been passive and never really dangerous. These will try to swoop down and pluck you from you mount and with target the player rather than the mount, but only if you are in their territory, once out of their territory they will be neutral and not attack you unless there. 

Eggs: When you are in their territory they will have nests, the eggs in these are very nutritious and can hatch baby versions of these creatures that can be used as sentries to protect your base but be careful because as you get closer to the nest more will be aggressive.

Sentry Mode: When you take an egg and successfully make it to base you can hatch it, when hatched they will need to grow like any other tame, then when they are fully grown, they will act as guards for their assigned area. You can set a location for them to patrol or protect and they will attack any creature in that area."

So here is my addition to Emeralds:

I suggest a roar probably wouldn't work. Since it has a very long beak. So maybe a very high piercing screech which the big banshee does. Though this could make deafness for a certain amount of time.

The Wild abilities he suggests might just be like the Shadowmane but in air. If you are spotted by them, they attack fiercely. But will attack anything in site.

Mind you it would also work with both suggestions too.

Though I think I would also like to suggest that since they have such long beaks that it would be useful to able to use them in the water somehow. Like maybe able to dive in deep waters for a certain amount of time. But would also be able to grab small water creatures.

I think it might make hunting them more fun if there are certain kinds in certain areas but means you wouldn't be able to color them. Like Ice would be white and only found in the snow area but they are weak to fire. There is the fire(red) one which is found in or near Lava, but they are weak to snow but also means they can't dive in water, but they can dive in Lava. {which means you can make it grab your items in the lava or carry a small creature through it to kill it.} Then the black ones that spawn in caves which is very rare because they are immune to both elements and have the power of shadow. {which basically anywhere it is really dark you cannot be seen while riding it. They can see in the dark, so it kind of can do what an owl can do} Also riding the element gives you instant immune to that element. Also thinking on this I would suggest that you can get their eggs but not raise one but able to get special random items from it. {like rare items- Black pearls, white pearls, electronics, element dust, gems and maybe occasionally a rare recipe. To maybe make it more interesting hunting these eggs. You would have to dig for them in their elements. Once the egg is out it attracts anything around it. Making everything attacking its holder. But if you are riding the black one it can silence the egg.

I know it does seem a lot for the Devs to do. But you got to admit it would make the game a lot more interesting. I would also like to point out that their name means cold dragon. en.m.wikipedia.org   If not all of it at least make it the frozen one then at least.

I think it would also benefit all players. 

But if this wins and the devs only do one or some of these ideas. I figured out another good use for this flying lizard or bird. I've remembered when I was in school learning about a bird that would carry their eggs or hatchlings in their beaks. So my idea also goes with it's name. Maybe we can have a special holding for cryopods in their mouths where it keeps them frozen. They could be like a moving, living mini fridge. Maybe could even work for other things that decay.

(These are not my drawings or pictures. Linked them from the websites.

th?q=Frozen%2BDragon%2BFound%2Bin%2BCana th?q=Cryodrakon%2BBorealis&w=138&h=138&c th?id=OVP.Gi7f_TVqrEOHv1uPT6PIewHgFo&w=2 th?id=OIP.H7oVrU-WhljmPcIeNyShVQHaHa&ehk cryodrakon_joschua-knueppe.png?w=2000&fm 

Thanks for reading my whole spill. I truly hope it gets a lot of votes.

I know some of you probably don't want another flyer. But these two are right there needs to be more danger in the skies. And truly want something that we can really truly get something out of for all of us. Though it truly depends on the devs. Yes, we need a new water animal but not much else can make the waters better. We already have the biggest water animal. Plus, the waters are already dangerous enough.

The caves seem boring even though most have artifacts.

Hoping a lot that the devs can put my egg idea into this which would bring a whole new experience to the game. And we also get another better but dangerous way on getting the rare items. 

And then to able to carry all your perishables with you would also be Grande.

Archived