Antarctotrechus Balli, The Bastion beetle

37 minutes ago, willowthewisp said:

Oh yes and we want a some stupid goat that neddy suggests? that he uses fan base to go vote for his stuff, I think he needs to be banned from making votes

For your information I'm not a fan of the goat either and i agree what big YouTubers shouldn't be able to submit ideas cause they use there there subscribers to vote for it remember the sinomacrops situation when I say I want something to win I mean the gorgonopsid Nothosaurus hatezgoptryx which are all none dinosaurs the problem I have with this beetle is only known from one piece of a shell fragment which isn't much to work off of the idea is cool as a fantasy creature not as a prehistoric creature and idk if will get anymore these vote I just want a good prehistoric creature that represents the animal too we have barely any Triassic or paleozoic animals what why I want the gorogonopsid and Nothosaurus to win plus we desperately need an aquatic we have enough arthropods in the game (insects arachnids crustaceans ect) and not enough aquatic or paleozoic (life before the dinosaurs) creatures

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, MockOx said:

so i got a few questions regarding the beetle.

1. why spawn in swamps and forests? if this beetle is to be as big as the pictures show for maps like the Island it would be a smaller megachelon in every swamp or forest. wouldn't it be better for something of this magnitude to be like in hot caves like the SW cave on the Island or near volcanoes such as the burnt biome on the center/ragnarok? it wouldn't fit in the described biomes well.

2nd. the saddle having different weapons depending on gender is really interesting. but will it have one universal saddle that switches or will there be two different saddles for different genders? having weapons change like that just doesn't sound right. but also making a male saddle to just get a female would be aggravating. the best option would to have the cannon and MG's be later unlocks as modules similar to the Mek. early game beetle tamers can ride the beetle on a basic saddle with no weaponry, but as they get higher level (lets say level 60) they can unlock the weapon mods for the beetle.

lastly, how does the Beetle fit in with modern aerial PvP? like why would someone pick this over a Tropeo or a Astrodelphis. is its purpose being a flying tank? if so cool!

other than these the beetle seems pretty awesome being another fighter aircraft/ sky artillery. if it gets added i hope it retains some of these abilities.

1. I think that the reason the author suggested swamps and forests for its spawn is because that's where the real creature probably would've lived, but that's just an idea, and I think that the devs will take consideration as to where they'll make this creature spawn if it wins. Personally, I think that it'd fit well in the redwoods, clinging to trees like Thylas, or found on cliffs.

2. If it does get a weaponry saddle, I'd hope that there's a universal basic saddle without the weaponry. For the weaponry saddle, I think that it'd be better off as only one saddle item, as that just feels like it'd be better gameplay-wise, even if it doesn't make as much sense. Otherwise players might get confused about the difference between the items and craft the wrong one...

lol poor ronaldo! it gives him anxiety that the author took creative liberties as wildcard does since the game was created woaah (not to mention those created by wildcard), bro if you don't like the creature that's fine! just don't look for an excuse that you don't like the creature because it doesn't stick to reality when we see mammoths with 4 tusks, small megalodons and half of dinosaurs with incorrect size. 

5 hours ago, Voidwyrm94 said:

lol poor ronaldo! it gives him anxiety that the author took creative liberties as wildcard does since the game was created woaah (not to mention those created by wildcard), bro if you don't like the creature that's fine! just don't look for an excuse that you don't like the creature because it doesn't stick to reality when we see mammoths with 4 tusks, small megalodons and half of dinosaurs with incorrect size. 

You didn't listen I said don't hate this creature in general on paper it sa good idea if it was a fantasy creature submission which it isn't I'm not looking for excuses to hate it I just think you have the entirety of prehistory but no they chose a fragmentry bug theses barely any info on the real animal most of the people who want this cause cannon saddle better arm or lack of arthropods which there isn't there's plenty but reminder if this comes to the game you all realize that there's only a small chance that these things you want will come to the game right? You can sit here and call me names get mad at my statements but I don't can't and if this does make it I'll be happy cause at the end of the day we're getting a new creature 

On 1/20/2023 at 8:30 PM, rudi999 said:

Man i hope this wins just to see all these negative Nancies screech and lose it and even leave ARK over a new creature, imagine the level of entitlement, lmao, go outside in the sun and gather some fiber you beach bobs.
"BuT iT's A dInOsAuR gAmE, pLeAsE kEeP iT rEaL", you guys realize how many fantasy non dinosaur creatures there are in ark right? rock golem, griffin, wyverns, phoenix, shadowmane, gachas, snow owl, bloodstalker, magmasaur, THE F-ING GIANT FLYING SPACE WHALE. 
If you really wanted to leave ark over the "non-realism" you should have done it since SE expansion.
But nooo, let's reeee at a bettle because it suddenly got popular over your goat and bison.

I dont see why people are mad its a fair vote if it wins it wins 

On 1/21/2023 at 10:48 AM, Relarist said:

When did I imply that every creature in the game is a dinosaur? I merely said we don’t need more bugs. We have plenty. Let’s add dinosaurs or other prehistoric animals, not more bugs OR fictional creatures. Try comprehending before opening your pie hole.

There's only six bugs. Spiders, ants, moths, centipedes, dung beetles, and mantises (I don't count the deathworm, because I don't think you can tame it). One more would make it a lucky number.

Let the starship troopers reference live.

On 1/20/2023 at 9:19 AM, LordOfTheNuggets said:

Why tf does this thing have so many votes? It’s a bigass beetle, and with all these abilities it’s gonna get nerfed to poop if it does come to the game, it’s a waste of time

yeah. this is probably our last creature vote. and if it get wasted on it really sucks. there is no way in hell Wild Card will give the beetle these suggested abilities. it will be so bad. people seam to have forgotten the last vote. the monkey with guns never got it guns for wild card didn't want that.  its there game, they do as they want no matter how good the suggestions are  

On 1/19/2023 at 4:11 PM, Maria064 said:

sorry. i just hate bugs, in game and real life. they all make disgusting noise too. lol. (yes im a girl xD we have more bugs then that in game. ) 
Gasbag. Lamprey, Leech, Trilobite (the only one that ain't so creepy)
Araneo. Bloostalker. Arthropluera. Dung beetle. Jug Bug. Karkinos (crabs are related to spiders)
Mantis. Pulmonoscorpius, Titanomyrma, deathworm

And then this beetle start out as small larvae. ughh 
just feel like it won't have a much use as people think. remember Wild Card most likely wont go with the ideas here in the suggestions and do there version of the creature. 

Everyone have the right to there own opinion about the creatures on the vote list. This beetle just happen to be one i don't fancy at all.  if you others like its completely fine.  :) 

If you feel the need to announce that you don't enjoy this creature to it like this women don't be freaking toxic.

Archived