Antarctotrechus Balli, The Bastion beetle

so i got a few questions regarding the beetle.

1. why spawn in swamps and forests? if this beetle is to be as big as the pictures show for maps like the Island it would be a smaller megachelon in every swamp or forest. wouldn't it be better for something of this magnitude to be like in hot caves like the SW cave on the Island or near volcanoes such as the burnt biome on the center/ragnarok? it wouldn't fit in the described biomes well.

2nd. the saddle having different weapons depending on gender is really interesting. but will it have one universal saddle that switches or will there be two different saddles for different genders? having weapons change like that just doesn't sound right. but also making a male saddle to just get a female would be aggravating. the best option would to have the cannon and MG's be later unlocks as modules similar to the Mek. early game beetle tamers can ride the beetle on a basic saddle with no weaponry, but as they get higher level (lets say level 60) they can unlock the weapon mods for the beetle.

lastly, how does the Beetle fit in with modern aerial PvP? like why would someone pick this over a Tropeo or a Astrodelphis. is its purpose being a flying tank? if so cool!

other than these the beetle seems pretty awesome being another fighter aircraft/ sky artillery. if it gets added i hope it retains some of these abilities.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope it’s not going to be like the dinopithecus where people only want it cus the guns we all know wild card puts there own ideas and does what they feel is more balanced and beneficial to the game it might not have the interesting saddle options like is being hoped for a lot of people got there hopes up that the dinopithecus would be a gun toting badass but got disappointed when it was released and it wasn’t what was anticipated but maybe just maybe by luck they actually use the saddle concept it is just a concept not the finished design after all I’m just saying don’t get your hopes up for the concept it may disappoint you or may surprise you 

Honestly, I like the idea of this being a natural helicopter. And, imagine you can have a rope that could repel your tribe mates down. You could fly into the jungle, drop them off, and provide aerial support. Imagine how cool it would be in pvp. I am down for this idea. And, I think ark also doesn't have enough insects/arachnids. Although, I think this needs a little saddle upgrade or attachment, and it's just a box that the beetle carries around, and can hold like, 6 tribe members. So that way, you could use it for heavy duty transport. Also, if you couldn't tell, a lot of my ideas were inspired by Vietnam.

There are so many good creatures in this vote that I’m struggling to know what I want to root for exactly but this is defiantly one of them. Sucks we only get one creature from this vote instead of perhaps 3 new creatures but I’ll be fine as long as one of the creatures I’m excited for gets added. Personally me I’m hoping if this doesn’t win for either Rhynia or the duck king since both of those are also likely gonna be in the top ten. Hope if neither of those win this does. 

12 hours ago, tomfromwhataburger said:

How do I vote

you click on arrow left of the page it says 1444 currently just click the arrow it will go up also i want this so bad pls make this beetle breedable maybe be a maxed out poly and crystal farmer pick up buildings like you said and breedable pls breedable then would be useful pvp and pve if it can fly to with the saddle.

On 1/16/2023 at 1:41 AM, Xelz said:

LETS GO GUYS!!! this is the best idea I've seen by far! I raptoring love the interactive growth process of this beetle, carrying it on your shoulder as it grows, the pupation phase and the usefulness of each genus is just incredible! not to mention the armor upgrade that no one uses even though it is good but very expensive to make.

I NEED IT IN ARK!!! COME ON ASK YOUR FRIENDS TO VOTE FOR THIS GREAT IDEA!

I agree , we need a unique creature with different abilities. Beetle has everything for it , but I’m afraid that devs can cut some of his suggested abilities , like it was with dinopithecus . But we need a real flying warmachine . Tougher than Wyvern , useful as quetzal and interesting type of tame such as shadowmane or desmodus .

On 1/17/2023 at 2:14 AM, CosmicSkeleton said:

Ah yes, who could forget all of the prehistoric fossil records of majestic dinosaurs such as the shadowmane? Or the wyvern, bloodstalker, fenrir, reaper, shine horn, bulb dog, glow tail, feather light, rock drake, ravager, rock golem, basilisk, megechelon, snow owl, velonasaur, gas bag, gacha, ferox, noglin, astrocetus, and astrodelphis? Truly, such majestic dinosaurs. Some advice for the future: Next time you decide to open your gob to be condescending try and actually think about the subject you chime in on.

When did I imply that every creature in the game is a dinosaur? I merely said we don’t need more bugs. We have plenty. Let’s add dinosaurs or other prehistoric animals, not more bugs OR fictional creatures. Try comprehending before opening your pie hole.

On 1/15/2023 at 1:36 AM, TorchuJACK117 said:

i feel like having a dung beetle power where it rolls up a ball of stone/dirt that can roll into battle could be cool for damage /cc depending on where they went with it it could also block sight of turrets for a small window of time if the ball got big enough. this power would be quite powerful so i large stamina or having the ball have a durra that can brake it might be needed.

On 1/15/2023 at 12:07 AM, Skiddlez said:

Sin embargo, la mayoría de las criaturas en ARK ni siquiera son dinosaurios. Además de las criaturas de fantasía completas de los mapas DLC, como Rock Drake, Wyverns, etc., hay un montón de otras criaturas prehistóricas que no son dinosaurios. Por ejemplo, Mammoth, Andrewsarchus, Castoroides, Desmodus, Pelagornis, etc. no son dinosaurios. Todavía son criaturas prehistóricas, que es para lo que es este voto.

Muchas otras criaturas populares en esta votación, como Gorgonopsid, Giant Bison y Myotragus, no son dinosaurios. Pero siguen siendo criaturas prehistóricas.
Los errores prehistóricos ya están en este juego, como Dung Beetle y Arthropleura, así que no veo por qué no podemos tener otro si eso es lo que decide la comunidad.

On 1/15/2023 at 4:41 PM, Xelz said:

¡¡¡VAMOS CHICOS!!! esta es la mejor idea que he visto hasta ahora! Me encanta el proceso de crecimiento interactivo de este escarabajo, llevarlo en el hombro a medida que crece, la fase de pupación y la utilidad de cada género es simplemente increíble. sin mencionar la actualización de armadura que nadie usa a pesar de que es buena pero muy costosa de hacer.

LO NECESITO EN ARCA!!! ¡VAMOS, PIDE A TUS AMIGOS QUE VOTEN POR ESTA GRAN IDEA!

2 hours ago, Relarist said:

When did I imply that every creature in the game is a dinosaur? I merely said we don’t need more bugs. We have plenty. Let’s add dinosaurs or other prehistoric animals, not more bugs OR fictional creatures. Try comprehending before opening your pie hole.

Next question? Or are you going to pretend this doesn't send a strong implication? Feigning ignorance and acting  as though the beetle wasn't a prehistoric creature doesn't exactly do you a solid you know, after all, if it wasn't then it's submission wouldn't have even been allowed.

IMG_4734.PNG

I remember when this was suggested to the Fjordur map and I was devastated that it didn't win. If this gets added in it should be added in exactly as described. I love the bugs of the game and feel there aren't enough tamable bugs plus I love big tanky things. So this gets my vote and once added I will absolutely reinstall and return to the game.

On 1/19/2023 at 9:41 PM, Lordtitanosaur said:

The fact these brainlets want this  stupid extinct beetle is ridiculous which was tiny btw it's just a loophole for them to add a silly fantasy creature they want to they make a giant version of a creature find a prehistoric name on wiki slap it on there "prehistoric creature" and submit it done and I'm sick of it you have the entirety of prehistoric animals to work with but no choose something small just to plug in your fantasy idea and people are like durr good idea now everyone is entitled to there opinions and I think most of the other candidates are Better choices that this gorgonopsid can track animals and tames way better than the tracking system now the Nothosaurus can make any eggs it collects fertilized these we need but not let's all go "durr me vote for beetle cause it cool" this was originally a prehistoric dinosaur survival game for those who say not it isn't you have like 5 freaking dlcs worth of fantasy creatures to play with and is a poor crutch to use in that argument I acknowledge it's extinct but come on we can do Better not just saying a dinosaur but other more deserving creatures also you do realize that if they add it they won't make it exactly like the version you see here call me sour or a loser that needs to touch grass ect but hey it's better that been a sheep voting for this

Oh yes and we want a some stupid goat that neddy suggests? that he uses fan base to go vote for his stuff, I think he needs to be banned from making votes

Archived